ADVERTISEMENT

Message to fans from top CFB QB

Oct 7, 2012

Heisman contender Cam Ward was asked about the crowd at Miami vs Florida.

“I played at USC. USC wasn’t packed, but it was louder than this,” Ward said. “I played at Oregon and it was louder than this. The Pac-12 gets misspoken for. The Pac-12, that’s where I believe real football is played. ... Washington was one of the loudest environments I’ve played (in).”

He went on to say this which I think every fan should hear/read going into the game this Saturday.

“Advice to the fans: If you’re going to be loud, you have to be loud when we’re huddling,” Ward said following No. 19 Miami’s 41-17 victory at Florida Field. “You can’t just be loud once we break the huddle. By that time, it’s no point. We hear the play and we’ve communicated already.”

Drives me crazy at games, crowd sitting on their hands silent until the opposing QB walks up to the line on 3rd down. Planning to lose my voice this weekend screaming every second pre snap.

GO BIG RED!

“I played at USC. USC wasn’t packed, but it was louder than this,” Ward said. “I played at Oregon and it was louder than this. The Pac-12 gets misspoken for. The Pac-12, that’s where I believe real football is played. ... Washington was one of the loudest environments I’ve played (in).”

He went on to say this which I think every fan should hear/read going into the game this Saturday.

“Advice to the fans: If you’re going to be loud, you have to be loud when we’re huddling,” Ward said following No. 19 Miami’s 41-17 victory at Florida Field. “You can’t just be loud once we break the huddle. By that time, it’s no point. We hear the play and we’ve communicated already.”

Drives me crazy at games, crowd sitting on their hands silent until the opposing QB walks up to the line on 3rd down. Planning to lose my voice this weekend screaming every second pre snap.

GO BIG RED!
Yet game after game 95% of fans in Memorial Stadium sit there and do nothing until 3 seconds before the ball is snapped. It's insane. They say we are super knowledgeable fans but yet most people haven't figured this out after 60 years of sellouts. And when you do stand-up and yell when they are huddling people are all pissed. So frustrating.

Well apparently this fan base is full of people who think its wrong to show too much emotion...I mean, a little is OK, but there's a line I guess we're not supposed to cross....I present the storming the field thread as evidence.

I hope everyone is super Nebraska nice and lets CU have a quiet huddle and quietly leave after the game so as not to look......to fun or anything.

Well apparently this fan base is full of people who think its wrong to show too much emotion...I mean, a little is OK, but there's a line I guess we're not supposed to cross....I present the storming the field thread as evidence.

I hope everyone is super Nebraska nice and lets CU have a quiet huddle and quietly leave after the game so as not to look......to fun or anything.
It also has a few, at least one, who struggle to distinguish a pretty simple point being made in the storm the field thread, which has nothing to do with too much emotion. I present your posts as evidence.

GO BIG RED!
There you go. Be loud during the huddle and pretty much when the opposing offense is on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT