ADVERTISEMENT

Mertz has the rona

Don't think this is accurate. My understanding is if you reach the threshold of no contest you are shut down for 3 weeks
The way I take the rule is that the players that test positive come out of the pool for the following weeks testing. Otherwise there would have been no reason to have the one-week cancelation rule.

That's a ridiculous take. They are a TOP 10 TEAM. Aside from any "credit", this program needs any win it can get in the worst way Also, we were extremely beat up at QB last year and I seem to remember teams and fanbases celebrating the shit out of beating us.

Amen. Troy is still celebrating that victory when we had Bunchy.. It’s part of the game and I’m not apologizing for that.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Nobody still talking about nw? They are quietly good
Hard to say, but right now, without three top QBs for Wisconsin, here's the West:
  1. Wisconsin by a little over
  2. Purdue, Iowa, Nebraska, Northwestern, Minnesota in no particular order
  3. Illinois
That means the team with the most difficult crossover schedule probably has to sweep the division to win it.
Hint: That team's nickname is "Cornhuskers."
That also means the team with the least difficult crossover schedule can probably stumble once in the division, especially if they lose to Nebraska, which is likely to go 0-2 against the East.
  • Purdue has Rutgers and Indiana, the fifth- and third-best teams from the East.
  • Iowa has MSU and PSU, the sixth- and fourth-best teams from the East (a strong fourth-best, of course)
  • Nebraska has OSU and PSU, the best and fourth-best teams.
  • Northwestern has Maryland and MSU, the two worst East teams.
  • Minnesota has Michigan and Maryland, the second-best and worst East teams.
  • Wisconsin has Michigan and Indiana, the second- and third-best teams.
Conclusion
For now, Northwestern has to be considered a legitimate threat to win the division because it may have to go only 4-2 in the division to win it. I would say that Nebraska's games against Wisconsin and Northwestern the next two weeks are both must-wins, first based on Wisconsin's status as the 2019 champion, and second based on Northwestern's inter-divisional schedule and the fact they won the division in 2018. Losses to Iowa, Minnesota or Purdue may not end our title hopes, but a loss to either Wisconsin or Northwestern probably will.

Sounding more and more like there won’t be a game with Wisconsin this weekend. If the roster is 100 guys all it takes is 5 or more guys to test positive. Doesn’t take much then for game over. It will be interesting what happens in Wisconsin’s next 3 games then if this is real.

how could they, if they have enough players testing positive beginning Sunday or Monday, how in the world would they get around the 21 day rule in 7 days? Wisconsin was fine last week. It was this weekend when they caught a break out of some type. Sorry but I disagree, it’s been made clear a player that test positive can not play a game for 21 days. And if enough positive tests get the Husker game canceled, those same players are out for the next 2-3 weeks. Best case scenario is the next week or 2.

I think you are getting hung up on the difference between likely and possible. Hypothetically, a team could go red/red and the program gets shut down for 7 days. The 7 days after you get shut down have 0 or minimal positive tests putting you green/red(orange?) and able to proceed. Yes, you would have a depleted roster because of the 21 day player sit out rule, but the program would still be cleared to proceed after a cancelled game.

Don't think this is accurate. My understanding is if you reach the threshold of no contest you are shut down for 3 weeks

"At Red/Red, the team has to stop regular practice and competition for at least seven days and reassess metrics until they improve. "

Sounding more and more like there won’t be a game with Wisconsin this weekend. If the roster is 100 guys all it takes is 5 or more guys to test positive. Doesn’t take much then for game over. It will be interesting what happens in Wisconsin’s next 3 games then if this is real.

If they don’t play against us they better sit out the following two games as well. I’m sure Alvarez will find a way around this..

Why would a 7 day rolling average begin at the start of the week. Everybody is saying 9 or 10/130. Assuming they get tested at least once a day and roster size is at minimum 70 that would be 10/490. Which is 2% or 4% with a confirmation test. That point further you don't need to test positives and would be under the threshold

If they don’t play against us they better sit out the following two games as well. I’m sure Alvarez will find a way around this..

Everyone on here is going to be pissed, but my guess is they will most likely be orange/orange or orange/red and in order to "proceed with caution" will determine that it is best to cancel this week's game. They will then be green/green or green/orange the next week and will play.

Team
positivity
rate
Population
positivity
rate
Green<2%<3.5%
Orange2-5%3.5-7.5%
Red>5%>7.5%

• A university is in normal standing if its metrics are at Green/Green or Green/Orange.
  • At Orange/Orange or Orange/Red, the team “must proceed with caution” and consider things like altering practice and meeting schedules.
  • At Red/Red, the team has to stop regular practice and competition for at least seven days and reassess metrics until they improve.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Why would a 7 day rolling average begin at the start of the week. Everybody is saying 9 or 10/130. Assuming they get tested at least once a day and roster size is at minimum 70 that would be 10/490. Which is 2% or 4% with a confirmation test. That point further you don't need to test positives and would be under the threshold

I see what you’re saying. But those 9 guys have to sit out 21 days, so doesn’t that continue for 3 weeks? Also, there’s probably going to be other guys that get sick in the coming weeks.

Here's what I don't get. Players with positive tests are out for 21 days. Coaches with positive tests are out for 10 days (see Jeff Brohm). How in the world is that fair? The B1G is so f*cked up in the way they are administering stuff. Makes no sense.
Coaches have agents but players don't.
Coaches get paid but players dont

looks like he's the beat writer for the milwuakee journal sentinel.

I agree 100%. It sucks their players tested positive but it also isn’t fair as far as determining the West champion having a no contest. I liked our chances of winning even with Mertz playing, even better without him.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Besides the two QB, how many other Badgers have been tested positive since yesterday?

rumor had it 9 other players were positive too..

Everyone on here is going to be pissed, but my guess is they will most likely be orange/orange or orange/red and in order to "proceed with caution" will determine that it is best to cancel this week's game. They will then be green/green or green/orange the next week and will play.

Team
positivity
rate
Population
positivity
rate
Green<2%<3.5%
Orange2-5%3.5-7.5%
Red>5%>7.5%

• A university is in normal standing if its metrics are at Green/Green or Green/Orange.
  • At Orange/Orange or Orange/Red, the team “must proceed with caution” and consider things like altering practice and meeting schedules.
  • At Red/Red, the team has to stop regular practice and competition for at least seven days and reassess metrics until they improve.

Don’t see how they get away from red (team positivity rate), if Big Ten requires a 21 day quarantine. I assume those players in quarantine are still considered positive, unless they are removed from the team positivity rate while in quarantine?

That would mean his team would be done for 21 days

So just thinking out loud, the guys that have it now are out for 21 days. Wisconsin will then shut down its football facilities for 7 days (Cancel our game) and then test everyone excluding the guys serving the 21 days. If the percentage of those guys that are getting tested is less than 5% then they will play Purdue..

I like Wisconsin playing a medieval game with a good share of barge or Hippo formation. Shorten the game and put a premium on each possession. Nebraska still has to show it is capable of winning close games.

Nebraska has only held Wisconsin wo a 100 yard rusher once in 9 games (2012 - only win). In those 9 games, Wisconsin has averaged 313/game. NU has only played them close (game decided by one score) three time and all of those Wisconsin rushed for less than 225 yards.

No Taylor, not scared. Wisconsins rushing game is fairly pedestrian from what I saw. I'm interested in which team will be more physical.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Then we can’t have a tie breaker against a team with an easier conference schedule. Sweet..... Warren gets another virtual poke at Nebraska

Mertz will be out for the Purdue game for sure and if Wolf tests positive a second time they’ll both be out for the Purdue game and a chance both out for Michigan too..

"At Red/Red, the team has to stop regular practice and competition for at least seven days and reassess metrics until they improve. "

I read the article you linked. It didn't substantiate what you said but thanks for sharing and it was a decent read.

how could they, if they have enough players testing positive beginning Sunday or Monday, how in the world would they get around the 21 day rule in 7 days? Wisconsin was fine last week. It was this weekend when they caught a break out of some type. Sorry but I disagree, it’s been made clear a player that test positive can not play a game for 21 days. And if enough positive tests get the Husker game canceled, those same players are out for the next 2-3 weeks. Best case scenario is the next week or 2.
Because you won’t necessarily test positive for 21 days - in fact it is extremely likely you will not. They criteria for team activity to be halted is simply >5% or 2-5% team & >7.5% of the team plus coaches and staff. Reassess after 7 days, and if you drop back below those thresholds it’s back on. Has nothing to do with number of players out or any other stupid rules they put in place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT