ADVERTISEMENT

Mertz has the rona

last year he made a great play to score on D then was solely to blame for the iowa kr td that lost the game for us.

he doesn't run or measure up like jackson. his effort level seems similar, however.
He's faster than Jackson. I think he covers well. He did take a bad angle on the KR TD. LOTS of people though misjudged that kid's speed last year. It happened in their bowl game too as I recall. There's a reason Smith-Marsette is listed by several rags as a "player to watch" for the NFL draft. He has elite speed.

last year he made a great play to score on D then was solely to blame for the iowa kr td that lost the game for us.

he doesn't run or measure up like jackson. his effort level seems similar, however.
I think he plays hard, very hard. But he has had some huge mistakes, due to lack of discipline or focus or whatever. The Colorado flea flicker comes to mind.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He's faster than Jackson. I think he covers well. He did take a bad angle on the KR TD. LOTS of people though misjudged that kid's speed last year. It happened in their bowl game too as I recall. There's a reason Smith-Marsette is listed by several rags as a "player to watch" for the NFL draft. He has elite speed.
we have no clue what NFL talent looks like.

here's a hint: britt ain't it.

we have no clue what NFL talent looks like.

here's a hint: britt ain't it.
The great thing is that we'll get to see in the future. We've had some guys land on NFL teams that I thought had no chance and then some guys who I thought would at least make a practice squad and didn't. I guess that shows how good my football evaluations are.:oops:

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
well if they are both positive that means the west is wide open. that would mean they would miss games against nebraska, purdue, michigan. I am thinking 1-2 is the best they could do. most likely 0-3

Sometimes a situation like this really galvanizes a team together and they will play much harder than they normally might.

What’s the rumor that 10 other Wisconsin players also were tested for Covid?

Nothing has came out to verify that..

If that is the case Wisconsin would lose 3 games and not be eligible to play in the CCG... I don’t like the idea that the B1G put in place... I could see not playing a game but not 3 games..

Reactions: headcard
Kind of feels like a no win for Nebraska. Wisconsin will still be good, but we will get no credit if we win and will yet again be a laughing stock if we lose.

The other alternative is to not play the game is that what you want?

What’s the rumor that 10 other Wisconsin players also were tested for Covid?

Nothing has came out to verify that..

If that is the case Wisconsin would lose 3 games and not be eligible to play in the CCG... I don’t like the idea that the B1G put in place... I could see not playing a game but not 3 games..

This wouldn’t be the worse thing. WI wouldn’t be able to win the west and would still play MN and Iowa. West would be wide open, and could come down to the Nebraska vs Purdue game.

Kind of feels like a no win for Nebraska. Wisconsin will still be good, but we will get no credit if we win and will yet again be a laughing stock if we lose.

Yep. I hope if Mertz is out we just go throw a beat down that way they can cry but at least we can say look at the score. If we lose..... Oh man.

This wouldn’t be the worse thing. WI wouldn’t be able to win the west and would still play MN and Iowa. West would be wide open, and could come down to the Nebraska vs Purdue game.

If I remember correctly, I think cross division games count the same as division games as it relates to conference championship games.

If they play at game time Nebraska will be a slight favorite by the spread knowing Wisconsin is wheeling out a 4th string QB..

If they play at game time Nebraska will be a slight favorite by the spread knowing Wisconsin is wheeling out a 4th string QB..
this year will always have an asterisk next to it. some games have been played with 10-11 starters missing. its basically just playing to get the money and hope next year is closer to normal
wisconsin wants to play win or lose. if they come up with more virus they risk missing 3 games. they do no want to miss out on playing 3 games win or lose

Reactions: GMDYBBY
Barry will probably find a way to have this game canceled, but still get all of his players back and ready to play again next week.

Warren is Barry's puppet.

this year will always have an asterisk next to it. some games have been played with 10-11 starters missing. its basically just playing to get the money and hope next year is closer to normal
wisconsin wants to play win or lose. if they come up with more virus they risk missing 3 games. they do no want to miss out on playing 3 games win or lose

The B1G may have an asterisk to the 2020 season if tOSU doesn’t qualify for the playoffs but who ever wins the playoffs will be national champions...

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
It's going to get cancelled. No way Wisconsin is going to go into the game with their 4th stringer. They will make up some bullshit.
that would mean wisconsin is going to cancel next 3 games. I can't see wisconsin doing that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT