ADVERTISEMENT

Mertz has the rona

I have coached for years...I have never once hoped the other team had all their players at full strength. That is the stupidest thing ever.

Why would I want the other team to be at their very best when they play us? That is like saying "I hope the other team doesn't get called for any penalties, I want to compete against them with no help from the refs"

**** that...

It's one of those things you say publicly but don't really mean....kinda like when all the other women on stage for Miss America clap for the one's who get chosen while they don't, you just know their calling them bitches in their head.

I'm don't see how, with the big10 rules, Mertz can play. Did they have a contingency in there for false positives? If they do, I haven't heard about it.

I'm don't see how, with the big10 rules, Mertz can play. Did they have a contingency in there for false positives? If they do, I haven't heard about it.
yes, he has to get another test today to confirm the positive test.

If it’s a no contest, that will really suck. Here’s to hoping for some false positives. That would actually be best case scenario. A bunch of false positives so players miss some practice and then play unprepared. What a dream that would be.

This ^^!!
We’ve had a lot of bad luck come our way dating back to 2002. I think we’re just ready for the ball to bounce our way for once.

and then they cancel the rest of the season.
4n472l3.gif

I have coached for years...I have never once hoped the other team had all their players at full strength. That is the stupidest thing ever.

Why would I want the other team to be at their very best when they play us? That is like saying "I hope the other team doesn't get called for any penalties, I want to compete against them with no help from the refs"

**** that...
Totally agree with you and I always wanted any advantage I could get. Screw the fact that a win might seem tainted with out their best player. A win is a win. HOWEVER in this day and age and FROST wanting to be tough and give legitimacy, he's gotta say what he said. You know what I mean.

Totally agree with you and I always wanted any advantage I could get. Screw the fact that a win might seem tainted with out their best player. A win is a win. HOWEVER in this day and age and FROST wanting to be tough and give legitimacy, he's gotta say what he said. You know what I mean.
Beating Wisconsin with Mertz is like winning the Fiesta Bowl. Beating Wisconsin without Mertz is like winning the Foster Farms bowl. It’s a good win but not a great win.

They beat us to get a B1G Title while being #3 in the division. If we win with the 3rd string qb I'll take it.

Beating Wisconsin with Mertz is like winning the Fiesta Bowl. Beating Wisconsin without Mertz is like winning the Foster Farms bowl. It’s a good win but not a great win.

One season, our first game, we won like 16-0...later that year we played that team again only their stud player who had been out because of a family issue, was back. Luckily we still won.

Both wins felt the same...except one was in the playoffs.

IDK about CB. But I do think he will be in the NFL as a player. Idk to what extent.
Special teams player early in his career and then it will all depend on what he shows in practice. He's a better player than Lamar Jackson was IMO. I think that's one of the reasons they've got him on so many special teams. He can put some good things on film and let an NFL GM know what they're getting there.

Does it matter who their quarterback is? Just hand the ball off and let their OL hold the $#i+ out of us all day.
After watching the OSU game, I think Wisconsin will have to hold even more than normal to run the ball on us consistently. I think we're better in our front 7 this year. I was pretty worried about our D line but I think they're going to be good.

Special teams player early in his career and then it will all depend on what he shows in practice. He's a better player than Lamar Jackson was IMO. I think that's one of the reasons they've got him on so many special teams. He can put some good things on film and let an NFL GM know what they're getting there.
last year he made a great play to score on D then was solely to blame for the iowa kr td that lost the game for us.

he doesn't run or measure up like jackson. his effort level seems similar, however.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT