ADVERTISEMENT

Mertz has the rona

If a person tests positive twice in BIG, they will be out for 21 days (3 games). I don't think the BIG says anyone who came in contact has to sit out unless they test positive prior to the next game. Since all players, coaches and staff are tested every day, the will find out soon if they approach the five per cent. If game is cancelled, neither team gets a win they both just loose a game.
Barry Alvarez is setting this up so we get a “no contest” to give Wisconsin the statistical advantage after this week. So they will have an easy schedule to win the west.

Reactions: CBurns05
They can only miss 2 in order to qualify for the CCG.

It was a poorly thought out schedule with no contingencies.
Well this season won’t work If that’s the case. I imagine Barry will change it to 14 days Otherwise they are done. We could lose every game but as long as we don’t get corona and everyone else does we can win. So you’re saying there’s a chance?

Reactions: arf_man
We can’t stop the run regardless of who wisc’s qb is.

Not exactly like they’ve had high draft picks at qb every other year they’ve kicked our dicks in.

We will see, our defense handled OSUs run game fairly well. The first 3 quarters they held their RBs under 4 yards per carry. For the game, we held their top runners to 4 yards per carry or under. OSUs top 2 RBs went for 4.4 yards per carry (Sermon) and 3.4 yards per carry (M Teaugue) for the game. Justin Fields only managed 3.4 yards per carry against our defense. Last year, OSUs RBs and Fields all averaged over 6.5 to 7 yards per carry. That’s a big jump for our guys up front with a new Dline.

I’m pretty confident OSUs Oline and RBs are better then Wisconsin’s this year and Wisconsin does NOT have a running threat at QB like OSU does. We can focus on the Vadgers RBs unlike we had to with OSU. I honestly think some of us are so used to our defense being bad, we just assume it’s the same now regardless how they actually do.

Last edited:
If a person tests positive twice in BIG, they will be out for 21 days (3 games). I don't think the BIG says anyone who came in contact has to sit out unless they test positive prior to the next game. Since all players, coaches and staff are tested every day, the will find out soon if they approach the five per cent. If game is cancelled, neither team gets a win they both just loose a game.
Its 21 days after the last positive test. A player could test positive for 2 or 3 weeks so it could be as many as 6 games.

This season...part of winning the championship...will be determined by what teams manage the covid protocols the best along with playing the best football.

This season...part of winning the championship...will be determined by what teams manage the covid protocols the best along with playing the best football.

You mean This season in the Big 10.. No other conferences have a 21 day( 3 weeks) protocol..

Makes no sense when only playing 8 games in 8 weeks with no byes to help out Covid cases...
Mandating you have to play 6 games was stupid for determining the best team...
If tOSU goes 5-0 they can’t be in the CCG would say it all..

obviously the B1G continues to think its better & smarter than everybody else.

no fans, these protocols, purdue's coach disallowed from coaching via telephone, etc.

they're clearly sending a message that collecting tuition/grant money is their top priority, while everything else is just there to appease the drooling, uneducated masses.

I hate this conference, every member school and every single egghead academic in charge of it.

no fans, these protocols, purdue's coach disallowed from coaching via telephone, etc.

they're clearly sending a message that collecting tuition/grant money is their top priority, while everything else is just there to appease the drooling, uneducated masses.

I hate this conference, every member school and every single egghead academic in charge of it.
We're a member.Winking I get what you are saying though.

I'm not sure how much time the NCAA has before the power 5 forms amateur leagues for football and basketball. Once that happens I'm not sure we stick with the big 10 for football.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
How can a team "manage the covid protocols"?
They can practice all the things that the CDC recommends to reduce the spread. The players can try to eliminate many of the risky practices that have been associated with the spread such as avoiding large gatherings and staying out of bars.

There are varying degrees of risk in catching covid in just about everything we do. The teams that can minimize the risks and do a great job of minimizing the spread once someone gets infected on the team, then those teams will have the advantage over those that don't manage those aspects of the coronavirus.

If he tests negative today, he’s cleared - correct? Or does he need two negative tests to be cleared?

Man I hope we play this weekend - NU actually has some momentum after playing well for a fair chunk of the game against OSU.

If Mertz is unable to play, NU doesn’t need to apologize for potentially catching a break. After losing games to the weather, Injuries and last minute transfers resulting starting walkons at QB, to uneven schedules, to God knows what else - we’ll take a break if we get one.

I have coached for years...I have never once hoped the other team had all their players at full strength. That is the stupidest thing ever.

Why would I want the other team to be at their very best when they play us? That is like saying "I hope the other team doesn't get called for any penalties, I want to compete against them with no help from the refs"

**** that...

ADVERTISEMENT