ADVERTISEMENT

Mertz has the rona

Front seven will have to play very good. If Mertz is out, Wisconsin will try to lean on their OL big time.
We can’t stop the run regardless of who wisc’s qb is.

Not exactly like they’ve had high draft picks at qb every other year they’ve kicked our dicks in.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Wisconsin down to 3rd string QB
Iowa Purdue Minnesota Illinois are messes
NW is NW
PSU struggling

Neb should walk away with the division - cakewalk schedule the remainder of the year - until a one loss Neb gets a rematch with an undefeated OSU in the championship game

There’s no way that would purposely try and get 5% to cancel the game. Wouldn’t that mean they couldn’t play three straight games?

Guys don’t get cocky remember last year Purdue wasn’t that quarterback a freaking walkon?
If Mertz is positive that means there are several others who will have to quarantine as a close contact most likely. With their starter already out for the year if the other QBs are close contacts then they may not have a QB who would be available next week. Most the players missing for COVID are due to contact tracing not positive tests. It will totally decimate a roster. I get it but man it is a tough protocol

Reactions: GretnaShawn
If Mertz is positive that means there are several others who will have to quarantine as a close contact most likely. With their starter already out for the year if the other QBs are close contacts then they may not have a QB who would be available next week. Most the players missing for COVID are due to contact tracing not positive tests. It will totally decimate a roster. I get it but man it is a tough protocol
As of right now, words is that Spencer Lytle and Joe Tippman (Mertz roommate) were also positive.
I think cancellation of the NU game is a real possibility.

Guys don’t get cocky remember last year Purdue wasn’t that quarterback a freaking walkon?
I can only speak for myself, but I’m far from being cocky, if the game is played, I fully expect whoever the badgers trot out there will look like Dan Marino against Nebraska...it’s been a tough decade and an absolutely sh1t last five seasons...

If it is a hypothetical false positive, he is in quarantine until a negative test. How long before he can be retested? At the very least, it means he and several others who have been contact traced to him will miss some practice/prep time.

So no matter what happens with his test, it definitely cuts in favor of Nebraska.

Reactions: BleedRed78
That effectively takes them out of the CCG. They’d miss three total games with doing that. I can’t imagine how pissed I’d be as a fan if Nebraska pulled that stunt and we missed three weeks because we ‘didn’t want to lose.’
As long as Wisconsin gets to play in there trophy game, just keep the tradition going

If Mertz is out, CPC will enlist help from Brad Davison (which will make him even more hated by non-UW B1G fans)
Will QB Davison join his teammates in the huddle, or will he just spend the entire time lobbying the refs?

Reactions: WC_'sker
If a player gets tested positive they need to sit out 21 days. That’s 3 games that he’ll miss (NU, Purdue, Michigan) Could be a huge blow to Wisconsin.
All for what will likely amount to mild cold or mild flu symptoms for a few days. A total crock, if it plays out that way. The powers-that-be need to get a grip, and fast.

Rapid daily testing means you don’t isolate based on contact tracing. It’s the whole point.

Imagine if we said we're going to try to keep a bunch of extremely healthy, tightly monitored 18 to 22 year olds from getting the flu. It would sound moronic, but yet, here we are.
we have a flu shot which protects a good portion of the population. also flu isnt transmitted as easily as covid.
it does sometimes seem like overkill except for the fact that even these players interact with each other and are not very responsible which could mean transmission to people who it would hurt.

Rapid daily testing means you don’t isolate based on contact tracing. It’s the whole point.
so thats the B10 protocol? no contact quarantine? i didn't know that. thanks for the info.
thats interesting

As of right now, words is that Spencer Lytle and Joe Tippman (Mertz roommate) were also positive.
I think cancellation of the NU game is a real possibility.
If a person tests positive twice in BIG, they will be out for 21 days (3 games). I don't think the BIG says anyone who came in contact has to sit out unless they test positive prior to the next game. Since all players, coaches and staff are tested every day, the will find out soon if they approach the five per cent. If game is cancelled, neither team gets a win they both just loose a game.

Reactions: bluenrg
ADVERTISEMENT