ADVERTISEMENT

Mertz has the rona

Why’s that? I honestly don’t know a lot about the conference protocols, but in the NFL players test positive and miss a game all the time, without the whole team having to.
The BIG was dragged into a football season unwillingly and by the scruff of their neck.

Accordingly, they set some very stringent conditions on protocols around playing the games, and baked in zero ability to make up missed games.

If, in fact, he's positive it's very unlikely he's the only one.

Why’s that? I honestly don’t know a lot about the conference protocols, but in the NFL players test positive and miss a game all the time, without the whole team having to.

If a player gets tested positive they need to sit out 21 days. That’s 3 games that he’ll miss (NU, Purdue, Michigan) Could be a huge blow to Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Never fear. If he doesn't play the B1G officiating crew will find a way to eject half of our team for targeting during the game so Wisconsin wins. Winking
^^This^^
And everyone is also forgetting Wisconsin is allowed to hold and even literally tackle the opponents defensive players without penalty. And without Mertz, it’ll be 10 times worse what Wisconsin is allowed to get away with.

I can now envision a 1994 Nebraska vs Kansas State game plan similar to what happened in Manhattan.

Wisconsin might stick to the ground game exclusively and see if Nebraska can stop it. That basic strategy has worked for them for many years. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I can now envision a 1994 Nebraska vs Kansas State game plan similar to the game played in Manhattan.

Wisconsin might stick to the ground game exclusively and see if Nebraska can stop it. That strategy has worked for many years. :(
Or their third string quarterback might look like Patrick Mahomes against us. Remember Purdue's third string quarterback last year?

Or their third string quarterback might look like Patrick Mahomes against us. Remember Purdue's third string quarterback last year?
He wasn’t that great. But that 4th string walk-on kid, we made him look amazing. (Wish I was joking).

He ia now the starter and has thrown for over 1200 yards in 4 games since.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT