ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Day ceremony

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Was on the last leg of a six day road trip when I ran across a gathering of VFWs as I was taking pictures of the county courthouse in Ballinger Texas. I had taken pics of most of the town when I got to the courthouse. I saw the rather large group as I made my way on to the courthouse grounds. I continued to make my way around the property as I took pics of the monuments and such. I walked around them to take pics of the memorials to the fallen. The clock must have struck 10 when they started the ceremony as I was making my way around them. Lucky me!

It was my third county seat of the day and I wasn't thinking Memorial Day when I came upon the group. My first thought was wondering what was so special that they had all those veterans dressed up. Then the light bulb went off. Duhhhhhh... Memorial Day. As a vetaran, I should have known better. I was so caught up in the trip and keeping to my fast paced schedule that I blanked for a bit.

yVTtD6Dh.jpg

EQP0zxUh.jpg

hgdOpcZh.jpg

8QWU1Fjh.jpg

I did not see a Memorial Day thread. I would like to offer my appreciation to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice in service of our country.

Was on the last leg of a six day road trip when I ran across a gathering of VFWs as I was taking pictures of the county courthouse in Ballinger Texas. I had taken pics of most of the town when I got to the courthouse. I saw the rather large group as I made my way on to the courthouse grounds. I continued to make my way around the property as I took pics of the monuments and such. I walked around them to take pics of the memorials to the fallen. The clock must have struck 10 when they started the ceremony as I was making my way around them. Lucky me!

It was my third county seat of the day and I wasn't thinking Memorial Day when I came upon the group. My first thought was wondering what was so special that they had all those veterans dressed up. Then the light bulb went off. Duhhhhhh... Memorial Day. As a vetaran, I should have known better. I was so caught up in the trip and keeping to my fast paced schedule that I blanked for a bit.

yVTtD6Dh.jpg

EQP0zxUh.jpg

hgdOpcZh.jpg

8QWU1Fjh.jpg

I did not see a Memorial Day thread. I would like to offer my appreciation to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice in service of our country.
awesome, thanks for the pictures. Keep this alive, I've got some good ones.

ADVERTISEMENT