ADVERTISEMENT

Memorable Husker-OU plays

Dec 21, 2020
What are your most memorable plays in this rivalry? Trying to squeeze all the juice out of this one, sorry if it's been posted already. Starting off with a tough one, but it has stuck with me. 2008 Nebraska's first offensive play of the game a pick-6. You knew it was going to be a long night.

• Wow
Reactions: WHCSC
Hook & Ladder...Lott to Tillman to Peacock, I believe. 1976. My first game. My stomach still hurts just thinking about it.
I don’t think it was Lott or Tillman they were later, wasn’t it dean blevins can’t remember the initial receivers possibly tinker Owens and Elvis peacock hopefully someone can give the combination maybe I’m wrong

Billy Simms running through our defense, over and over and over

Billy Simms running through our defense, over and over and over
Fortunately he fumbled on the 3 yard line late in the '78 game preserving Osborne's first win against OU. Had he not, OU may have another MNC and the monkey on Osborne's back would have been alot bigger when he was toying with the idea of taking the Colorado job. Possibly the biggest fumble in NU history.

John Havekost being the first to run the fumblerooski in the 79 OU game for an 11 yard gain mid 3rd qtr. Picked up a much needed first down at midfield. OU ran it against NU twice as well during the 89 game in Gibbs first season.

Last edited:
I don’t think it was Lott or Tillman they were later, wasn’t it dean blevins can’t remember the initial receivers possibly tinker Owens and Elvis peacock hopefully someone can give the combination maybe I’m wrong
Blevins to Steve Rhodes to Peacock.

Reactions: Bremser
Blevins to Steve Rhodes to Peacock.
Lott was in the previous plays and they put in Blevins to throw that pass on 3rd and 22. OU only threw 2 passes that game(both on their final drive) and completed both. 1 st was a HB pass by Woody Shepard and then Blevins.

Reactions: Bremser
1. Eric Crouch throw back
2. Suh and the defense at night game
3. Watching Adrian Peterson live his first game back after injury .(hes baaaack) and man was he fun to watch

Keith #$%&@'ing Jackson's big catches in the '86 game that resulted in another come from behind last second win for OU. NU wore all red for that one.
Was at this game too.. ive never heard a crowd so deflated after that catch. Ugh

The ‘70 game in Lincoln was decided on the last play of the game. Mildren to Harrison but Husker Safety Jim Anderson intercepted the ball in the end zone to seal the W and a chance at the MNC. The ball seemed to be in the air for a week before getting batted around until Anderson put the grab on it.

Sadly, both Mildren and Harrison - high school teammates - are deceased.

Last edited:
coll-football-scenic-view-of-rainbow-over-memorial-stadium-during-vs-picture-id81341296

Some memorable plays. Lots of memorable players - from a Sooner perspective, I remember the greats, the larger than life Husker players like Rimington. Steinkuhler. Irving Fryar. I.M. Hipp. Jarvis Redwine. Ahman Green. Johnny Rodgers. Rich (F'ing) Glover. Mike Rozier. Roger Craig. Tommy Frazier. Lawrence.

I miss this rivalry. I'm glad and happy to see Nebraska still travels so well. Campus corner and Norman is overrun with great Husker fans this morning.

What a classic series.

I'm a big fan of Callahan kicking a field goal at the end of the 2004 game to cover the spread in a 30-3 loss.
I still love BC's throat slash and F'n hillbillies comment. The way they let the Ruffnecks on the sidelines in Norman was ridiculous. It's a wonder that some of them don't get killed. I'm all for a boisterous student section but Missouri's Antlers and OU's Ruffnecks are over the line. Screw OU.

Calvin Jones' run against OU in 1991.

"Calvin Jones is running WILD through the O-kla-ho-ma secondary!"

Reactions: OAHU-SKER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT