ADVERTISEMENT

Mel Tucker could be the new

Maybe, but I'll bet they thump the Huskers this weekend. They're playing really well.
I think so too.. basically playing Miami just sharpened them up for us. Am is going to have to turn into a great pocket passer, and Miami couldn't get it done. We could get thumped pretty hard if we are not playing lights out.

You would have to think Frost has a sour taste in his mouth from 2019. And wasn’t there some verbiage from Tucker after that game? Gonna be a good one on Saturday…

I don’t see Mel Tucker being a long term coach for MSU. He’s built his roster mostly around transfers. Some one would say that this is a bad strategy for long term success. I would agree, but I do not think that’s Mel’s plan. I think he wants to win impressively there and move on to greener pastures. I think his ultimate goal would be to coach at an SEC school or maybe the NFL.

I don’t see Mel Tucker being a long term coach for MSU. He’s built his roster mostly around transfers. Some one would say that this is a bad strategy for long term success. I would agree, but I do not think that’s Mel’s plan. I think he wants to win impressively there and move on to greener pastures. I think his ultimate goal would be to coach at an SEC school or maybe the NFL.

Not sure I buy that the Cleveland native and Wisconsin graduate will move south to raise his family.

He has a good college background to build on.

Where's his wife's family?

Pretty sure not out in Boulder area.

What would happen if Nebraska lost 27 players through the portal?
The MELtdown would be pretty hilarious.

A lot of fans would call Frost a shitty TUCKERing coach. Who has lost the team.
should change my name to badpunhusker. LOL

Michigan State does have a Last Chance U feel to it. I believe the secondary is a huge weakness of Michigan State. Their depth is a even bigger weakness. They will struggle later in the year. I also believe we will end the season with a better record than Michigan State. I'm going to revise my prediction down from a 4 score win to 3 just because our Oline still needs to keep improving and Amart needs to show he can play like he did last week every week. He has struggled with consistency. We have better players than Michigan State and better depth.

I also like how the people last week were saying Oklahoma was going to kill us and this week were saying OU was overrated. Shows a lot of people's football Knowledge and revisionist history. I also said the Oklahoma game would be a close hard fought game that we could win if we could cut down our penalties and our kicking game would come through. I was, as you know 100% right. I was laughed at. Ridiculed and even accused of trolling by a Minnesota fan. I will come on here Sunday and probably read how Michigan State was overrated and how bad Miami and Northwestern is and Michigan State just had a bad game. Some husker fans. SMDH.

Will DATDAThusker be right 2 weeks in a row. I definitely wouldn't bet against him.

GBR!

Mel Tucker arrived during a pandemic. A true Year 0, if there has ever been one.

Just because Scott Frost has underperformed @datdathusker, the circumstances are completely different.

Mel Tucker found an outstanding RB and stabilized a major concern, QB play.

Michigan State returned their entire starting OL from 2021. That is a huge boost for stability, when you find a QB with a pulse and a RB who is getting video game numbers.

They did have two good wins last year to build on: at Michigan and at home against Northwestern. Playing Northwestern on the road was huge momentum boost.

Spartans are 3 of 3, dating back to Mark Dantonio's final 7-6 season. QB play was a huge issue in 2018 loss in Lincoln for MSU.

The Sparans returned 9 starters and 7 defensive players on paper, but the infusion with the portal was a huge boost in Mel Tucker's plan.

He opened 3-1 and closed 2-1 in is lone season in Boulder. The Buffaloes won one more Pac 12 game then previous season. Two wins over Top 25 programs, at time, including the Pac 12 road opener.

Sustaining it over course of season could be an issue, but a 6-6 or 7-5 regular season looks possible, like previous MSU coaching staff.

Just gonna chime in here as I’m excited for the game tomorrow and have always loved the Nebraska fan base. Great CFB fans who greet visiting fans in a very hospitable fashion, at least from my one trip to Lincoln!
Regarding the roster turnover, as in players leaving program and players transferring in. He didn’t like the talent and players he inherited from a very stagnant Dantonio era that wasn’t moving forward as a program. Most of the players that left, frankly were asked to leave after a year or being in the program. I can post later if anyone is interested, but only a few went to power 5 schools and none are impact players. The roster was 25%+ full of MAC level players and where they ended up has proved that. He’s running the program like a business, which love it or hate it, it’s needed if you want to truly compete (still to be seen).

I get criticizing who MSU has beat this far, but all you can do is play teams on your schedule and move on. So far he’s 3-0 with 2 road wins. That’s not bragging, just doing what you’re supposed to do. Agree that Northwestern and Miami are likely not that good, but he took focused teams there and beat them. Michigan is 3-0 playing all at home in very favorable matchups and they’re getting lauded foe how great they are just now.

As for tomorrow, MSU fans and alumni have always respected Nebraska and it’s never an easy game, regardless of either teams record coming in. I expect a battle, as do most media and pundits. Best of luck to your team tomorrow, most Michigan State people respect your program and expect a battle every time!

Reactions: dochay
What would happen if Nebraska lost 27 players through the portal?
The MELtdown would be pretty hilarious.

A lot of fans would call Frost a shitty TUCKERing coach. Who has lost the team.
should change my name to badpunhusker. LOL

Michigan State does have a Last Chance U feel to it. I believe the secondary is a huge weakness of Michigan State. Their depth is a even bigger weakness. They will struggle later in the year. I also believe we will end the season with a better record than Michigan State. I'm going to revise my prediction down from a 4 score win to 3 just because our Oline still needs to keep improving and Amart needs to show he can play like he did last week every week. He has struggled with consistency. We have better players than Michigan State and better depth.

I also like how the people last week were saying Oklahoma was going to kill us and this week were saying OU was overrated. Shows a lot of people's football Knowledge and revisionist history. I also said the Oklahoma game would be a close hard fought game that we could win if we could cut down our penalties and our kicking game would come through. I was, as you know 100% right. I was laughed at. Ridiculed and even accused of trolling by a Minnesota fan. I will come on here Sunday and probably read how Michigan State was overrated and how bad Miami and Northwestern is and Michigan State just had a bad game. Some husker fans. SMDH.

Will DATDAThusker be right 2 weeks in a row. I definitely wouldn't bet against him.

GBR!
I think we may find out what happens.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT