ADVERTISEMENT

Meet 6’4 230 pound 4 star WR Omar Manning and the rest of the new Huskers ....

Are we practicing still? Anyone actually hear about how Omar is doing in practice?

Are we practicing still? Anyone actually hear about how Omar is doing in practice?

I haven’t heard anything on Omar Manning but they are supposedly doing 20-30 hours per week of work with coaches and helmets only I believe (along with S&C with Duvall). I think they are allowed to do that until we start practicing with pads and such for the next time we play.

I have seen some good things on Marcus Fleming per videos leaked (I think most of the work being done now are being kept low key). He’s been doing great and actually working our current DBs. He beat B Clark and D Bootle each on one on ones deep. Dude is definitely the sleeper of Manning, Betts, and Brown. Look out for Fleming....GBR

Does he want to play both ways? Probably be a hell of a olb pass rusher.
Ky5sBQ.gif

My nephew plays there, and said they are pretty cool.

Wonder if any other huskers are helping at other schools? Would be cool if they split up and had a few at all area schools.

So what are they helping with at these schools? Not sure about NE but in KS it is illegal to have volunteer coaches.

My assumption it is not considered coaching but perhaps a clinic and I am sure there are rules for that as well.

Reactions: az dave
I haven’t heard anything on Omar Manning but they are supposedly doing 20-30 hours per week of work with coaches and helmets only I believe (along with S&C with Duvall). I think they are allowed to do that until we start practicing with pads and such for the next time we play.

I have seen some good things on Marcus Fleming per videos leaked (I think most of the work being done now are being kept low key). He’s been doing great and actually working our current DBs. He beat B Clark and D Bootle each on one on ones deep. Dude is definitely the sleeper of Manning, Betts, and Brown. Look out for Fleming....GBR

I thought I read somewhere 12 hours a week with coaches and Duval, no pads. I think any practice we can get right now really helps.

Reactions: bshirt73
I thought I read somewhere 12 hours a week with coaches and Duval, no pads. I think any practice we can get right now really helps.

“I think any practice we can get right now really helps”

And that’s just it, the 2020 recruits are all on campus now along with the rest of the guys and they get to work with the coaching staff. This is extra time the coaches get to bring guys like Betts, Fleming, K Greene and so on along. It will definitely help us that much more the next time we play. It will gives us that much more depth and talent on the field when we start playing.

And I think you are right. I believe it used to be 20 hours and it now got lowered to 12 hours per week after they canceled the season. But like you said, any coaching being done right now is definitely a good thing.

Last edited:
Is he supposed to be posting that stuff? Not that it seems like a big deal but still. Cool to see them practicing.

i don’t think he is, to be honest. You can tell it’s being recorded onto his phone from another tablet. I’m pretty sure these work outs are supposed to be kept low key and not being shown to the public.

And definitely, having our guys going up against each other and helping them get prepared to play is helping guys like Fleming, Betts, Brown, and the true freshmen or JUCOs that just got on campus.

Reactions: HominidHusker
i don’t think he is, to be honest. You can tell it’s being recorded onto his phone from another tablet. I’m pretty sure these work outs are supposed to be kept low key and not being shown to the public.

And definitely, having our guys going up against each other and helping them get prepared to play is helping guys like Fleming, Betts, Brown, and the true freshmen or JUCOs that just got on campus.
The date is August 14, so I don’t think there is an issue, is there?

The date is August 14, so I don’t think there is an issue, is there?

to me, no, NEVER ;) Now per the coaching staff, now that’s a different story.

I honestly have no idea. When he posted this, they were doing the allowed 20 hours per week with helmets only and with the coaches. I’m sure it’s nothing against any NCAA rules or anything like that. But I’m guessing our coaching staff would rather not have videos like this being leaked/posted. But, then again, I have no idea. I’m just guessing.

to me, no, NEVER ;) Now per the coaching staff, now that’s a different story.

I honestly have no idea. When he posted this, they were doing the allowed 20 hours per week with helmets only and with the coaches. I’m sure it’s nothing against any NCAA rules or anything like that. But I’m guessing our coaching staff would rather not have videos like this being leaked/posted. But, then again, I have no idea. I’m just guessing.
Good point... I was referring to any possible violations. But you rightly point out the coaches may not want this stuff leaked. Excellent observation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT