Medicare benefits from Biden's new economic package

burntorange72

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004

Absolutely huge for seniors. Boy did they need a break and they got it with this new package.
There is no doubt this is a move in the right direction. Drug prices in this country are out of hand. But please don’t make this the best thing ever. 63 million seniors are on Medicare and this will effect 5-7 million, about 10%. And in 2025 I’ll assume another 10% of the folks on Medicare will see their drug costs drop. And in 5 years 10% more. But that leaves 70% still paying exorbitant prices for their drugs. Don’t misunderstand, I am for this and it is good news and I’ll give Biden credit for compromising and working with Manchin to get this bill past. But this is only huge for 10% of seniors.

DarkHorse93

Assistant Head Coach
Jul 20, 2001
Western Nebraska

red rover 70

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2011
There is no doubt this is a move in the right direction. Drug prices in this country are out of hand. But please don’t make this the best thing ever. 63 million seniors are on Medicare and this will effect 5-7 million, about 10%. And in 2025 I’ll assume another 10% of the folks on Medicare will see their drug costs drop. And in 5 years 10% more. But that leaves 70% still paying exorbitant prices for their drugs. Don’t misunderstand, I am for this and it is good news and I’ll give Biden credit for compromising and working with Manchin to get this bill past. But this is only huge for 10% of seniors.
Inflation and the cost of living increases will destroy any benefits seniors living on fixed incomes would see under this bill. But hey, they got their 87,000 armed Federal inspectors. Green new deal destroying regulations and billions of dollars to money launder into their bank accounts.

red rover 70

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2011
The Bureaucratic Deep State just got the down payment on their new Chris Craft.

What a deal!

Reactions: c3o

burntorange72

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
And who said the drug companies have to negotiate?
Good point. I guess if the drug companies don’t negotiate it leaves us right where we are today pay the price or find a cheaper substitute or don’t take the drug.

Redblooded

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Are you a senior? And did you benefit?
Yes and yes. This will be a tremendous help for me with medications that are so expensive. It is a blessing and long range will be even more important. Very excited! Government helped once. Could have helped the younger crowd but the Republicans blocked the medicines for them. Also the senate parliamentarian did not help either for the younger crowd.

Last edited:

red rover 70

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2011
Yes and yes. This will be a tremendous help for me with medications that are so expensive. It is a blessing and long range will be even more important. Very excited! Government helped once. Could have helped the younger crowd but the Republicans blocked the medicines for them. Also the senate parliamentarian did not help either for the younger crowd.
You really are ignorant and stupid. I bet you also believe your drug dealer is your buddy.

Reactions: Oldschool1964

DarkHorse93

Assistant Head Coach
Jul 20, 2001
Western Nebraska
You can’t say this will help with your medication costs until the drug prices have been negotiated. May not cover your prescriptions.

I just went on Medicare. Part D costs me less than $100 per year, and my four medications cost me, in total, $48 per year. Less than $150 total for prescriptions. This bill will really cut into that cost.

Redblooded

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
You can’t say this will help with your medication costs until the drug prices have been negotiated. May not cover your prescriptions.

I just went on Medicare. Part D costs me less than $100 per year, and my four medications cost me, in total, $48 per year. Less than $150 total for prescriptions. This bill will really cut into that cost.
The cap on insulin alone is just awesome! Another one is going to be cut in half.

burntorange72

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
How
I have not seen a list of meds that will be effected? W can you post that link? If not please don’t post how much benefit this will be because you just don’t know.

DarkHorse93

Assistant Head Coach
Jul 20, 2001
Western Nebraska
The cap on insulin alone is just awesome! Another one is going to be cut in half.
Which drug is that? I don’t see specific drugs listed other than insulin.

Given that Insulin was already capped by Trump prior to Joe taking office, doesn’t it seem odd to remove just to add it back?

Latest posts