ADVERTISEMENT

Meaningless Game

Iroh

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 22, 2018
Totally outmatched against a team that has a good chance to play for the National Title. Didn’t even watch it as it was a guaranteed loss and was going to be a blowout. Outrage over this game is silly, big thing was to not get anyone hurt and move on to the next game and try to get three more wins for a bowl... move on...

I don't think "meaningless" is a good word, but after-the-fact, blowing it out of proportion doesn't do much good either. It's an ugly loss to a playoff contender. Hell, last year's playoff games were blowouts, nobody's immune to the 30+ point ass-whooping.

I'm obviously disappointed with how far we are from even being a top 25 team much less a playoff contender. But it's exactly what I expected would happen. I predicted this would be a 48-14 game and we lost 48-7. The truth of the matter is that we are not the team the hype machine made us out to be this summer. This team can win 3 more games and get us to 6 wins and a bowl game. That's the goal.

Indiana, NW, Michigan, Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois, Purdue all could easily be in the same spot... that you s about where our program is right now.. the ceiling is pretty high for Frost but it will take time..

Reactions: jhchusker and c3o
I'm obviously disappointed with how far we are from even being a top 25 team much less a playoff contender. But it's exactly what I expected would happen. I predicted this would be a 48-14 game and we lost 48-7. The truth of the matter is that we are not the team the hype machine made us out to be this summer. This team can win 3 more games and get us to 6 wins and a bowl game. That's the goal.
Exactly this...

Totally outmatched against a team that has a good chance to play for the National Title. Didn’t even watch it as it was a guaranteed loss and was going to be a blowout. Outrage over this game is silly, big thing was to not get anyone hurt and move on to the next game and try to get three more wins for a bowl... move on...

You didn't even watch the game because you knew it was going to be a blowout? You can't possibly be a Husker fan if that is the case. Which fan base are you trolling from?

Mac Brown almost beat the defending national champion today. I think Clemson has equal talent to OSU. I agree we need to move on but come on........Nebraska shouldn't be getting throttled like that in a night game at Memorial Stadium. We have plenty enough dudes to make it at least competitive. These primetime beatdowns need to stop!

What happens if Ohio state loses 2 games this year? Should I be outraged after the fact?

Mac Brown almost beat the defending national champion today. I think Clemson has equal talent to OSU. I agree we need to move on but come on........Nebraska shouldn't be getting throttled like that in a night game at Memorial Stadium. We have plenty enough dudes to make it at least competitive. These primetime beatdowns need to stop!

This guy is a troll, don't worry about what he says. He claims he didn't watch the game because he knew there was going to be a beatdown. Even if the Huskers were playing the New England Patriots, I would watch. This is just another troll starting a thread to get attention.

Great, Mack Brown got his first head coaching job 36 years ago, and also still lost the game. That has little or no bearing on Ohio State/Nebraska.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Clemson played nothing like Ohio State tonight... having talent is one thing, talent playing with passion, purpose and discipline is completely another. Clemson would have been slaughtered tonight by OSU, home or away

Good news is - we won't have to face them in the championship game.

Reactions: Huskred01
Just like out of conference Colorado, then NW, then Minnesota, then Wisconsin....

Reactions: Huskred01
Great, Mack Brown got his first head coaching job 36 years ago, and also still lost the game. That has little or no bearing on Ohio State/Nebraska.
Look........my point is there really is no excuse to continually get blown out of the water in games like this. Yes, Ohio St is extremely talented. Yes, we have a young team offensively. Having said that, we have plenty enough talent to be competitive in that atmosphere. At some point we have to quit shitting the bed in primetime games. I'm a huge Frost guy. I think there are much better times ahead. Let's face it though, losing by 40 at home in these spotlight games is getting old. It's embarrassing for a program of this stature. Just a tired, old fan venting his frustration. I'll be alright in a few days!

Just like out of conference Colorado, then NW, then Minnesota, then Wisconsin....

On the surface this game looks bad, but I think it will ultimately give this team a very tanglible understanding of what it takes to be a champion and with that, I think next week Nebraska will look vastly improved.

You didn't even watch the game because you knew it was going to be a blowout? You can't possibly be a Husker fan if that is the case. Which fan base are you trolling from?

Everyone except some delusional corn people like yourself knew it wasn’t going to be close. Watch your offensive and defensive lines they are terrible.
Truth hurts !

Look........my point is there really is no excuse to continually get blown out of the water in games like this. Yes, Ohio St is extremely talented. Yes, we have a young team offensively. Having said that, we have plenty enough talent to be competitive in that atmosphere. At some point we have to quit shitting the bed in primetime games. I'm a huge Frost guy. I think there are much better times ahead. Let's face it though, losing by 40 at home in these spotlight games is getting old. It's embarrassing for a program of this stature. Just a tired, old fan venting his frustration. I'll be alright in a few days!

While it wasn't at home, remember when Wisconsin stepped on a big stage against Ohio State when they had a point to prove in 2014? the final score was 59-0... that Wisconsin wasn't terrible, they were actually pretty good (ended the year ranked #13), but elite teams will make good teams look bad especially when they are playing with a chip on their shoulder. Ohio State didn't take us lightly, and didn't play like it was just another game. They wanted to prove a point.

We should all be concerned that Ohio State - whether they are a national title contender or not - made us look worse than an FCS team.

What other B!G team will Ohio State lead 38-0 at home?

OSU already shellacked an Indiana team who just gave MSU a game.

100% agree.

While it wasn't at home, remember when Wisconsin stepped on a big stage against Ohio State when they had a point to prove in 2014? the final score was 59-0... that Wisconsin wasn't terrible, they were actually pretty good (ended the year ranked #13), but elite teams will make good teams look bad especially when they are playing with a chip on their shoulder. Ohio State didn't take us lightly, and didn't play like it was just another game. They wanted to prove a point.
I understand having a bad game but this is happening way too often when the spotlight is on us. Hard to build a program when we keep getting obliterated over and over again in primetime games. I'm done whining about this one now. Onward and upward

Reactions: Husker4real
OSU already shellacked an Indiana team who just gave MSU a game.

So said another way, Nebraska is on par with Indiana. Nebraska is on par with Indiana. If we're lucky.

BTW, Indiana gave OSU a better game than Nebraska did. Indiana never trailed 48-0 in their game.

At some point we need to stop calling games meaningless.
Ohio could've won 80 to 0 if they wanted.
We looked worse than any team they've played this season. At home. At night.

No one was expecting victory but this was not ok.

Now that we can’t change what happened yesterday, what is concerning me is ruining the recruiting weekend. We had a lot riding on it considering our small class size and number of recruits in town. It was sort of a worst case scenario there, and that impact may be potentially felt for years.
We all saw the talent deficit, so if we can’t start building up our roster piece by piece, the future is bleak.

We should all be concerned that Ohio State - whether they are a national title contender or not - made us look worse than an FCS team.

What other B!G team will Ohio State lead 38-0 at home?
They might do this every game they play this year

Where’s the talent? Who on our roster even earns a scholarship at Ohio? Adrian and who else?

Our best receivers are 5’9”, best running back weighs 160lbs soaking wet. We don’t have any players even close to what Ohio trots out, and it shows during draft time.

We do not have plenty of dudes to keep up with a defense like Ohio State. They have 4 NFL quality defensive backs and e-4 D linemen, not to mention line backers who are as fast as several of our backs. If you actually thought we could keep this game competitive with 3 interceptions early you née help. We have two more years to up our talent level before coming close to the upper echelon of teams. Just be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day- or two years!

Great teams have a way of making good teams look bad. We did in the 80s and 90s.

The team was below average to average last year and is now average to good. Hopefully we're good to great next year. I know people are looking for improvement but it needs to be based on the whole season, not just single games. Hopefully in the future games with OSU will be more competitive but now is obviously not the time. It's already in the rearview mirror, on to next game.

Let's beat NW

ADVERTISEMENT