ADVERTISEMENT

McKinney Texas

You are 100% spot on, I would make a horrible cop. I don't think I ever argued I should be a cop. I would hate to be a cop. Way to many people who don't respect authority anymore and think it's perfectly fine to be a loud mouth prick, and it would just be a matter of time (like a day) before I did something the criminal would regret and I would be looking for another job. Yes, I said criminal, because that's what she was, a trespasser who got belligerent with a cop and got what she deserved. I have zero sympathy for her and I wish she'd have been held accountable in some way for her part in escalating this. As it is, she will hire a lawyer and probably cost the tax payers even more money.
Im not for sure that she was a tresspasor. The interview I saw said her family was part of the HOA and from that neighborhood. That is what made her father mad.....she had a right to be there .

Reactions: red rover 70
I agree but it also reveals why he acted that way and what went down. They should have been scared.

My parents would have beat my ass if I was apart of this.
My father wouldnt have even asked me what happened. He would have taken the cops word as gospel.........and handled it accordingly.

As a father of multiple daughters i would be very upset if this happened to us. I'm very grateful and thankful that the police chief had ZERO tolerance for this behavior.

As a father of 3 kids I'd be pissed at any of them if cops showed up somewhere at a party that got out of hand and told them to leave and they didn't, and got mouthy on top of that. But to each their own, everyone thinks their kid is a special little snowflake I guess. .

As a father of 3 kids I'd be pissed at any of them if cops showed up somewhere at a party that got out of hand and told them to leave and they didn't, and got mouthy on top of that. But to each their own, everyone thinks their kid is a special little snowflake I guess. .
Karma will jump up and bite you on the ass when you least expect it. Children shouldn't be spoiled but they are gifts that should be cherished. Having your rights violated isn't acceptable and shouldn't lead to an assault.

Reactions: huskerj12
Karma will jump up and bite you on the ass when you least expect it. Children shouldn't be spoiled but they are gifts that should be cherished. Having your rights violated isn't acceptable and shouldn't lead to an assault.

Agreed. Love cops and appreciate the difficult job they do. Doesn't mean I'm not for law and order, either. I have relatives that serve in law enforcement/fire department. It's all about serving the community in which we live. I served in the Navy. Doesn't mean that I support every military action dreamed up by our elected officials or support all the actions that our service members take. They are an important part of society, but not the only important part of our society. The police provide customer service to their customers. And who are their customers? The public (citizens). As soon as you figure out who your customer is then you'll figure out how to provide that service better. Police have to decide when heavy-handed and/or lethal action is necessary. Too often they don't take the time to assess the situation properly before deciding what to do. And no, they can't do whatever they like because they wear a badge. We shouldn't have to have video recordings for them to do the right thing.

The cop has resigned, which is a good thing. It's too bad he didn't realize he wasn't fit to be a police officer until after he assaulted someone. Criminal charges should be filed, no question.

Its pretty simple. Obey the law...be respectful. But if adults are doing this.....what are the chances their kids will do it?

The cop did his job well, little punks need to obey the law and respect authority. He should get a raise, that punk hit him in the head while he was making an arrest. The idiots should learn not to fight and resist the police when they are breaking rules.
His chief already said his actions were "indefensible". So yeah, great post.

This the real word, you don't get to dictate how someone responds to you running your mouth. That's what happens when keeping it real goes wrong. Funny none of the other girls were touched.

This is the real world and now that cop really doesn't have a job.

The cop did his job well, little punks need to obey the law and respect authority. He should get a raise, that punk hit him in the head while he was making an arrest. The idiots should learn not to fight and resist the police when they are breaking rules.

1. The cop's boss said he did not do his job well.
2. He's resigned, so no there will not be a raise for doing his job terribly.
3. If they're "breaking rules" the cops have no business there.

Sorry to break it to you, but the law already covers this. People are allowed to mouth off, it's legal. It's not classy, but it's legal.

If you can't deal with belligerent people, you shouldn't be a cop. That's part of the job description. You're going to deal with the most obnoxious people imaginable on a regular basis. If you can't tell the difference between somebody who is threatening your life and just pissing you off and respond accordingly the badge is not for you.

We don't allow this in other jobs and settings. People piss me off in traffic. I don't get to pull them out of their cars and jam my knee in their backs. It doesn't work like that.

Well said. Man there are a lot of times I'd love to jam my knee into the backs of some drivers.

About the only thing that cop did right was pull the gun when he did. You don't rush a cop while reaching back behind you. My favorite part was how when she was already sitting down, he pulls her up so he can shove her back down again and add a little extra 'justice'. His biggest mistake was engaging that group of girls to begin with. Like others have said, tune that out.

About the only thing that cop did right was pull the gun when he did. You don't rush a cop while reaching back behind you. My favorite part was how when she was already sitting down, he pulls her up so he can shove her back down again and add a little extra 'justice'. His biggest mistake was engaging that group of girls to begin with. Like others have said, tune that out.
I especially liked when he was yelling, "Get on the ground!!!" to the girl when she's literally sitting on the ground. Great stuff.

At what point is it acceptable to intervene in a police officer beating the shit out of someone? Like it's pretty terrifying that if, as long as someone is in a uniform, they can beat up anybody they want and if anyone intervenes they are eligible to be shot and murdered, and a good portion of people will support that murder. If I saw a cop beating up a 14 year old in a bikini because she wasn't respecting his imaginary authority, I'd probably rush to help her too (before backing off like those guys did because I would remember that helping would get me killed.)

I don't get posts like this. I get saying that there was a lack of respect for the officers and those in authority. I don't get that he did his job well. Why the heck was he reprimanded? So were his superiors and those cops on the scene who tried to calm him down the bad cops?

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerO
I don't get posts like this. I get saying that there was a lack of respect for the officers and those in authority. I don't get that he did his job well. Why the heck was he reprimanded? So were his superiors and those cops on the scene who tried to calm him down the bad cops?
Ignorance is rampant, that's why.

His chief already said his actions were "indefensible". So yeah, great post.
You've used that response a couple times. What the chief said and what he may have thought could be very different. Media is forcing the hand of City administrators and police chiefs lately. If he comes out and defends his officer in even the slightest way, we have riots. Get the guy to resign or fire him quickly and it calms the masses.
This is a very slippery slope we are walking on lately in society. Not saying cops are right all the time, but we are starting to trend towards reacting quickly to avoid a firestorm because some kid has a video of a small portion of an incident. Going to be a breaking point at some time when officers won't react at all in fear of getting fired because they didn't handle something the way a large group thinks they should have.

Anarchy

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
You've used that response a couple times. What the chief said and what he may have thought could be very different. Media is forcing the hand of City administrators and police chiefs lately. If he comes out and defends his officer in even the slightest way, we have riots. Get the guy to resign or fire him quickly and it calms the masses.
This is a very slippery slope we are walking on lately in society. Not saying cops are right all the time, but we are starting to trend towards reacting quickly to avoid a firestorm because some kid has a video of a small portion of an incident. Going to be a breaking point at some time when officers won't react at all in fear of getting fired because they didn't handle something the way a large group thinks they should have.

Anarchy
You know how to avoid all of that then? Act appropriately. Thousands of cops do every day.

...or cops could just rethink some of their practices that lead to a rampant (and in many cases justified) mistrust of police

You know how to avoid all of that then? Act appropriately. Thousands of cops do every day.
I agree you. But the problem I am pointing out is that this appears to have had zero investigation and the guy was probably "forced" to resign and probably came from the City.
Chief Schmaderer here in Omaha has been great in getting ahead of situations (not just the Orazco shooting) and appears to have a handle on keeping everyone calm while giving his department time to fully investigate.
I've heard he was the first and only cop on scene for a little bit. Ive heard he got hit while trying to subdue a running kid. Ive heard the home owners that were there (black and white) had praise for the cops coming in and they felt threatened so the force was justified in their eyes. Lots of specualtion out there as to what happened and I'm in no way saying what he did was right or wrong.....just that it seems have been handled VERY quickly and if this video was the only video they were using, its piss poor police work then.

Lots of specualtion out there as to what happened and I'm in no way saying what he did was right or wrong.....just that it seems have been handled VERY quickly and if this video was the only video they were using, its piss poor police work then.

So your defense of this cops poor police work is more "piss poor police work" by his bosses? The systemic failure of the entire dept is not evident in those videos. Many of those cops seem to be calm and collected, while that dumbass looks like an extra from Reno 911.

Anyone else see the hardcore parkour of the cop entering the screen when chasing the kids? Hilarious.

Anarchy

There has been no trend for things happening quickly. And the departments investigation was still going on, so the only thing that has happened quickly was this cops resignation. That's it. Nothing else supports this trend you speak of.

I love the fact that liberty is being restored in so many facets of American life. And I love it even more that we're simply not putting up with the ignorant anymore. It used to be, "well, let's hear your side on police brutality." Now it's just, "you don't have a side. You're wrong."

Us true patriots are proud.

Reactions: suhnami
So your defense of this cops poor police work is more "piss poor police work" by his bosses? The systemic failure of the entire dept is not evident in those videos. Many of those cops seem to be calm and collected, while that dumbass looks like an extra from Reno 911.

Uhm nope. you didn't read my post entirely did you? The piss poor police work would be in reference to them using just one video to support what happened. And that was preceded by "IF". Had zero to do with this cops behavior. Again (third time)...I am not even referring to the right or wrong of what this cop did.

There has been no trend for things happening quickly. And the departments investigation was still going on, so the only thing that has happened quickly was this cops resignation. That's it. Nothing else supports this trend you speak of.

The cop resigned to "save his community and his family". You think this was by his own accord? Its the second one I can think of that "resigned" recently and won't be the last.

The piss poor police work would be in reference to them using just one video to support what happened. And that was preceded by "IF". Had zero to do with this cops behavior. Again (third time)...I am not even referring to the right or wrong of what this cop did.
Why are you assuming "piss poor police work" by the superiors...and using "if" doesn't exonerate you? How about, "The guy acted like a fool (especially when every other cop was being incredibly calm) and deserved to be reprimanded by his superiors."

And for the umpteenth time you can say the above and also say a number of those kids need to be taught how to respect authority.

Im looking at a broader picture from everything that has gone this past year. And this is not a good cop vs bad cop stance. It is about cops just trying to survive doing their jobs and citizens being law abiding members of their communities. Imagine for a minute that every cop was perfect and always made perfect decisions. Would our communities be 100% better? No. We would still have people committing murder, rape, robbery...............still have gangs, drugs etc. My fear is this. The more cops become viewed as the "bad guys" .......the more cops are going to pull back in community policing. The more likely they may be to look the other way....not hunt down the drug dealer etc. Why? To avoid putting themselves in a situation that could put their career at risk.

Why are you assuming "piss poor police work" by the superiors...and using "if" doesn't exonerate you? How about, "The guy acted like a fool (especially when every other cop was being incredibly calm) and deserved to be reprimanded by his superiors."

And for the umpteenth time you can say the above and also say a number of those kids need to be taught how to respect authority.
Tell you what Tom, reread my first post and when you can come back with some sort of reading comprehension we can talk.

Tell you what Tom, reread my first post and when you can come back with some sort of reading comprehension we can talk.
OK...I reread your first post. Here's my response...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT