ADVERTISEMENT

McKennzie Milton

Need an influx of talent at the position, not saying he comes here, but I think it would make the QB room better, I feel Luke should switch positions like others have said and be used as the "Swiss army knife" of the offense, only playing him sparingly on offense is a waste of his talent.

You are the one talking about his "film". You can call his HUDL or whatever else you find on the internet his "film" all you want, but I don't see how you can pretend to know more about the kid than people that have actually seen him play. People that have watched his actual games or have seen him at practice would be a much better resource than your thoughts based on a few minutes of highlights. You told another poster wait until you see him throw, like you know something and then say go watch his "film". That is talking out your ass.
How do you know I haven't seen him play in person? It is you who is talking out your ass.

Because I've watched them. They're terrible. Watch how Alabama's WR's run routes. Or even Ohio State or Clemson. How are these guys even in the same league?
Are you watching coaches film, do you know the routes from your couch. You say they don't know how to run routes, I'm asking how do you know.

How do you know I haven't seen him play in person? It is you who is talking out your ass.
Have you? If you had, I’m guessing you would have said that. The reality is you are assuming he is a bad passer, and at most basing it off internet highlights .

How about you stop dancing around and tell people your reasoning then. Coaches film, in person, talk to coaches.
I don't have to explain anything to you. I just know what I saw looked like interception city at the next level. Everyone on here seems to have such a stick up their ass about being able to pass, well I can tell you the next guy isn't an amazing passer either. take it or leave it, but you guys should know time and time again I've been right about a lot of things about this program. So do whatever you want with it.

I don't have to explain anything to you. I just know what I saw looked like interception city at the next level. Everyone on here seems to have such a stick up their ass about being able to pass, well I can tell you the next guy isn't an amazing passer either. take it or leave it, but you guys should know time and time again I've been right about a lot of things about this program. So do whatever you want with it.
So nothing then, can't answer simple questions. The coaches I've heard from disagree with you, time will tell.

We had an 18-year-old true freshman backed up by a JC transfer walk-on in Frost's first year until Vedral became eligible. Last year, Adrian was still just 19 and Luke was 18.

Imagine having a 22-year-old QB — who will turn 23 in October 2021 — who has started 34 games in his career. Adrian will be 21 next year, and Luke will be 20. That would be a veteran QB room with lots of experience and talent if they all come to and/or stay at Nebraska and stay at the position.

By comparison, Eric Crouch turned 20 during his RS freshman year, and turned 23 in the middle of his Heisman Trophy campaign. Scott Frost was 21 and 22 years old during the two years he started at QB for Nebraska.

KZ is a remarkable QB and wherever he goes he will give it 100 percent. I just hope his leg holds up because it hasn't been tested in a real football game. Personally I think he'll go to Florida or Miami.
Disagree on Florida or Miami. The dude is from Hawaii its not like he grew up a Gator or a Canes fan.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Milton wanting a good OL may be the biggest barrier, and it was said today that Jaimes is not expected to stick around another year.
... although maybe a proven QB upgrade would change his mind??
Milton will surely look at our roster and determine if it’s good enough to work with.
He wants a winning program, but my guess is most winning programs could have tougher QB rooms to break into. He’s our starter day 1 as long as he’s physically ready.

He said cold weather won’t be a problem.

Are you watching coaches film, do you know the routes from your couch. You say they don't know how to run routes, I'm asking how do you know.
No I don't have access to coaches film. I've rewatched every game and often times it shows a wide enough angle view to tell if the WR's are running good routes or not. When you see a team with good receivers, everything is quick.
It honestly looks like our guys are jogging most of the time compared to a lot of other teams.

Our guys look like they have no idea how to read the defensive coverage and adjust their routes based on that. They have no idea how to setup their teammates to get open if they can't get open themselves and instead take their guy right into another receiver who could have been open. They have no idea how to help their qb out. Especially when the qb rolls out and it shows the replay, you can see the receivers just standing around and not helping their qb out at all. If they have a step on their man, they have no sense of urgency to maintain that advantage, but a lot of times they'll slow down or take a bad angle and let the defender right back into the play. Way too often you see 2 or 3 receivers going to the same exact spot. I've even seen a few times where two receivers run the same exact route right on top of each other.

On some plays, I've seen guys look like they're shadow blocking down the field on clear pass plays where every other receiver is going out for a downfield route. Idk if they were actually trying to block or if their route running was so poor, it just looked like they were, but idk why they would be trying to block on a downfield pass play in the first place. On RPO pass plays, it's forgivable to sometimes see a couple wide receivers down the field in a run blocking assignment, but I don't know why you'd ever see this on a clear downfield pass play that isn't an RPO or a screen. BTW, this is why I hate the RPO because it takes multiple receivers out of the play for no reason.

Our receivers don't know how to sit in a zone. Wandale should have had an easy first down against Iowa if he just cuts off his route because there was noone within 10 yards of him. Instead he continues to run the drag route across the field right into one of Iowa's linebackers and is taken down well short of the first. It's pretty obvious our receivers are poor and even who many think of as our best receiver isn't a very good route runner.

Disagree on Florida or Miami. The dude is from Hawaii its not like he grew up a Gator or a Canes fan.
He can win instantly at both UM and UF, and he knows it. He is a warm weather guy, he has said so, maybe 1000 times, but said today, he will go North if he can win right now and get better.

No I don't have access to coaches film. I've rewatched every game and often times it shows a wide enough angle view to tell if the WR's are running good routes or not. When you see a team with good receivers, everything is quick.
It honestly looks like our guys are jogging most of the time compared to a lot of other teams.

Our guys look like they have no idea how to read the defensive coverage and adjust their routes based on that. They have no idea how to setup their teammates to get open if they can't get open themselves and instead take their guy right into another receiver who could have been open. They have no idea how to help their qb out. Especially when the qb rolls out and it shows the replay, you can see the receivers just standing around and not helping their qb out at all. If they have a step on their man, they have no sense of urgency to maintain that advantage, but a lot of times they'll slow down or take a bad angle and let the defender right back into the play. Way too often you see 2 or 3 receivers going to the same exact spot. I've even seen a few times where two receivers run the same exact route right on top of each other.

On some plays, I've seen guys look like they're shadow blocking down the field on clear pass plays where every other receiver is going out for a downfield route. Idk if they were actually trying to block or if their route running was so poor, it just looked like they were, but idk why they would be trying to block on a downfield pass play in the first place. On RPO pass plays, it's forgivable to sometimes see a couple wide receivers down the field in a run blocking assignment, but I don't know why you'd ever see this on a clear downfield pass play that isn't an RPO or a screen. BTW, this is why I hate the RPO because it takes multiple receivers out of the play for no reason.

Our receivers don't know how to sit in a zone. Wandale should have had an easy first down against Iowa if he just cuts off his route because there was noone within 10 yards of him. Instead he continues to run the drag route across the field right into one of Iowa's linebackers and is taken down well short of the first. It's pretty obvious our receivers are poor and even who many think of as our best receiver isn't a very good route runner.
Thanks for the response.

Reactions: oldjar07
How many years does Milton have, one? I think it would have a bigger impact on AM than LM. LM can still get on the field and get touches and still be the future. AM on the other hand, may leave if this happens. He wouldn’t have to, he had a RS year and could always “recover” from some injury, but my guess is a Milton transfer would much more likely lead to AM leaving than LM.
Am had a red shirt year? when?

Milton:
37 TD passes w/ 9 INTs in 2017
25 TD passes w/ 6 INTs in 2018 (only 9 games)

Nebraska
1 TD “pass” with 6 INTs in 2020 (in 5 games)
12 TD passes and 9 INTs in 2019

This is a no-brainer: If we can get Milton we absolutely take him. He knows the system. It’s plug and play. He doesn’t have to produce UCF numbers here to make us better. It’s an instant upgrade.

Risk of our QB’s transferring is a non-issue. There’s more transfer QB’s to come in after Milton improves our trajectory if Smothers isn’t ready.
Use Luke like Taysom Hill.

My pants are creamy.
Heck yes we want Milton. You want the most talented team you can assemble. I don't see McCaffrey leaving if Milton comes. If he has an NFL future it isn't at QB based on his throws and switching might be the wise thing to do. Martinez might transfer if he loses the starting job but that is just part of the normal competition/attrition process.

Wow you guys underestimate how bad our qb play has been to think he wouldn't help anything if he can still play well.

I don't think Luke can throw well enough to care if he will take his QB business elsewhere if Milton came here.

Luke is "the future" of some other position IMO. Probably Duck-R. But unless he dramatically improves as a passer he's nobody's QB and I imagine Ed knows that too.

I am wondering if it's time for daddy to have a come to Jesus meeting with Luke over the semester break. There is no way Luke could ever get to the next level. Could he have some success at an FBS level school, sure. I just don't think he has the arm strength or accuracy to succeed at the Power 5 level, forget about the NFL. He could be one hell of a receiver with some practice.

Reactions: BleedRed78

I knew he commented on the fact that he would prefer to stay in a warm climate. I was wrong but not too far off. I'm just happy he is getting one more chance to play. And not at USF. I hope Frost can turn for Nebraska.

Reactions: scarletred
Well going to the Seminoles isn't any better than going to Nebraska except for the weather and he is familiar with and likes Mike Norvell. I'm sure he likes Frost too so it must be the weather and the friends he already he has in Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT