ADVERTISEMENT

McKennzie Milton

Wow you guys underestimate how bad our qb play has been to think he wouldn't help anything if he can still play well.

I don't think Luke can throw well enough to care if he will take his QB business elsewhere if Smothers came here.

Luke is "the future" of some other position IMO. Probably Duck-R. But unless he dramatically improves as a passer he's nobody's QB and I imagine Ed knows that too.
Just wait till you see Smothers throw it.. lol

Reactions: CatColumbia
I don't understand where this he can't throw is coming from. Once he is healthy again, he is a very good fit for this offense.

Who said he can't throw? There was a comment about seeing him throw like he was good and I asked if this person had seen him make all the throws a college QB would need to make. The guy hasn't played in a game yet and practices are blocked so how do we really know?

Who said he can't throw? There was a comment about seeing him throw like he was good and I asked if this person had seen him make all the throws a college QB would need to make. The guy hasn't played in a game yet and practices are blocked so how do we really know?
Actually, the poster you replied to doesn’t think he can throw. Like you said, he doesn’t know he’s talking out of his ass, but he has been hating on Smothers for a while.

Reactions: beaglehusker
Sorry, should have been more clear, didn't mean to imply you said it. There have been a few posters on here claiming he's not a good passer.

If Milton calls Frost, I could see Frost telling him not to come here. It would be a bad decision for Milton if he is truely trying to put tape out and prove he is NFL ready! If he wants to become a QB coach than bring it on.

If Milton calls Frost, I could see Frost telling him not to come here. It would be a bad decision for Milton if he is truely trying to put tape out and prove he is NFL ready! If he wants to become a QB coach than bring it on.

What does he have to lose? He needs to prove that he can play well after that horrific injury.

What does he have to lose? He needs to prove that he can play well after that horrific injury.
He has his whole NFL career to lose. Who in the funk is he going to throw the ball to? Now if he knows the NFL is a pipe dream than bring him in.

The tapes are for other college programs. He wants all to know He can still play. It shows all runs and touchdowns. Plus him running UCF Scout team this season. This is to show he is ready to compete for Job. Also, he practiced with NFL receivers in the offseason

The tapes are for other college programs. He wants all to know He can still play. It shows all runs and touchdowns. Plus him running UCF Scout team this season. This is to show he is ready to compete for Job. Also, he practiced with NFL receivers in the offseason
I’m saying he needs film of him post surgery making NFL caliber throws and plays. He’s not doing that at NU.

Right, people are getting ahead of themselves with the NFL talk. If he can get on the field at all after suffering that kind of injury, it's a huge win. I still think he provides a lot of value to the young qb's in this system and provides some depth even if he never sees the field.

Actually, the poster you replied to doesn’t think he can throw. Like you said, he doesn’t know he’s talking out of his ass, but he has been hating on Smothers for a while.
All you have to do is watch his film and it should scare the crap out of you.. but you would not spend the time or have the analytical skills to actually do that, so pretty much YOU are the one talking out your ass on here.

Last edited:
Several of his ex team mates ( all in the NFL catching balls) met in Orlando about a month ago and spent the afternoon catching balls, and running routes for him. They put the tape on social media.

He has spent the last two years leaning out, building arm strength. He can still spin it, and now has more velocity. His legs are the issue, and I think he will be a huge one year prize. He will make some coach look very smart.

All you have to do is watch his film and it should scare the crap out of you.. but you would not spend the time or have the analytical skills to actually do that, so pretty much YOU are the one talking out your ass on here.

By film you mean the highlights on rivals or 247? You are basing all this off 3 minute highlights? The same highlights that got him a 4-star rating as a QB? And you are calling that analytical skills?

By film you mean the highlights on rivals or 247? You are basing all this off 3 minute highlights? The same highlights that got him a 4-star rating as a QB? And you are calling that analytical skills?
I'm not looking at either of those sites for Smothers film. But go ahead and make statements about who is talking out their ass when you don't know what you're talking about to begin with.

I'm not looking at either of those sites for Smothers film. But go ahead and make statements about who is talking out their ass when you don't know what you're talking about to begin with.

You are the one talking about his "film". You can call his HUDL or whatever else you find on the internet his "film" all you want, but I don't see how you can pretend to know more about the kid than people that have actually seen him play. People that have watched his actual games or have seen him at practice would be a much better resource than your thoughts based on a few minutes of highlights. You told another poster wait until you see him throw, like you know something and then say go watch his "film". That is talking out your ass.

He said this morning in a Orlando interview, he is only interested in joining a team that can win immediately.

Good, he should come here. We lose so many close, heart breaking games. Heck, we would most likely be 4-1 this year with him. He will get a ton of credit for the improvement and will have tape against some solid B1G defenses to show.

I don’t think he will come here, but if he does, I think we will all be surprised at how good our receivers suddenly become.
Bingo. On TV you don't get to see downfield what was available. They show you Adrian standing in the pocket staring at the routes like he's never seen a forward pass in his life, finally getting pressured and then running.

The announcers last Friday called him out a couple times for having guys wide open and just not letting it go. I'm not saying our WRs are all gonna be playing on Sundays but they can't be THAT bad either.

I guarantee with an All-22 angle we could spot a ton of times somebody was open and our QB didn't see it.

We're talking about NU like we didn't just put Tanner Lee in the NFL for having arm talent even though he was an obvious INT machine. If he shows he can rip it, some GM is going to develop a January - April hard-on for him. Trust me, I'm a Bears fan.

He's looking for what Teddy Bridgewater got: A chance to show he's not going to crumple over and burst into flames on the field if he takes some contact. Best Teddy could get was 3rd string for the Saints, suddenly he starts a few games and plays well, now he's the Panthers QB and playing well with both his legs still attached to his body.

I don’t think he will come here, but if he does, I think we will all be surprised at how good our receivers suddenly become.
I don't think so. Our receivers are bad and don't really run routes properly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT