ADVERTISEMENT

McKennzie Milton

28.. and basically in the prime physical shape of his life. NFL skill players, MLB players, and NBA players always hit their prime peak physical condition between 27 to 30.
Yeah, but the dude can't swing a bat or run to first without ending up on the IL. Slight exaggeration, but definitely injured a LOT.

Yeah, but the dude can't swing a bat or run to first without ending up on the IL. Slight exaggeration, but definitely injured a LOT.

His legs were fine.

And you should've just stopped at "he can't swing a bat." Because he really can't swing a bat very well... ha

Reactions: mgbreis
His legs were fine.

And you should've just stopped at "he can't swing a bat." Because he really can't swing a bat very well... ha
He can swing that mf'er! Just can't hit anything other than a fastball. He's like the real life Pedro Cerrano!

Reactions: timnsun
Husker Football: #1 in our hearts, DFL in the B1G

I'm so sick of the coddling. everyone in the program is pillow soft and it shows every single saturday.

adrian wants to leave? good. luke, too? adios. smothers butthurt? tough.

this is football. winning is everything and the absolute only thing.
You're the man and I agree with you fully in this situation.

Why are people thinking 2AM would bounce? Based on what I've seen, he wouldn't. He could redshirt and be a junior when Milton is gone. As others have said, would have no effect on LMC or Smothers.
True, but I doubt any QB with NFL dreams wants to play 6 years of NCAA football. And your crazy if you don’t think Martinez wants to be an NFL QB

• Haha
Reactions: NikkiSixx
This is not a hard decision. McKenzie and Joe Burrow are two of the best decision makers to come out of college football in a long time. McKenzie should have at the very least been invited to the Heisman ceremony. It's a complete crock he wasn't. I honestly think he should have won it he was that good that year.

Even a hobbled Milton is probably a lot better than what we currently have at qb, and if not he could still provide much needed depth and experience. It's a no brainer decision to try to bring him here.

Right, and thanks for the clarification, but I think my point remains. Smothers and the new recruit are probably unfazed, but Luke, who will be in his third year with the program, and AM in his fourth, will surely have a different view. If Milton transferred to Nebraska, big if, I wouldn't be surprised to see Luke or AM transfer, possibly both. I'd hate to see Luke go.
Doubt he comes here but honestly if the other quarterbacks are mad then they can, you know, beat him out. This is big boy football and we are in no position to worry about any kids feelings at the moment.

This is not a hard decision. McKenzie and Joe Burrow are two of the best decision makers to come out of college football in a long time. McKenzie should have at the very least been invited to the Heisman ceremony. It's a complete crock he wasn't. I honestly think he should have won it he was that good that year.

Even a hobbled Milton is probably a lot better than what we currently have at qb, and if not he could still provide much needed depth and experience. It's a no brainer decision to try to bring him here.
Difference this time is we know what Milton is. Burrow was buried in the depth chart at OSU, Milton was 8th in the Heisman voting.

Last edited:
Milton:
37 TD passes w/ 9 INTs in 2017
25 TD passes w/ 6 INTs in 2018 (only 9 games)

Nebraska
1 TD “pass” with 6 INTs in 2020 (in 5 games)
12 TD passes and 9 INTs in 2019

This is a no-brainer: If we can get Milton we absolutely take him. He knows the system. It’s plug and play. He doesn’t have to produce UCF numbers here to make us better. It’s an instant upgrade.

Risk of our QB’s transferring is a non-issue. There’s more transfer QB’s to come in after Milton improves our trajectory if Smothers isn’t ready.
Use Luke like Taysom Hill.

My pants are creamy.

The question is though is he “the right type” of Florida player to come to Nebraska? Even though he is from Hawaii he has spent time in Florida and they hate Nebraska

Milton:
37 TD passes w/ 9 INTs in 2017
25 TD passes w/ 6 INTs in 2018 (only 9 games)

Nebraska
1 TD “pass” with 6 INTs in 2020 (in 5 games)
12 TD passes and 9 INTs in 2019

This is a no-brainer: If we can get Milton we absolutely take him. He knows the system. It’s plug and play. He doesn’t have to produce UCF numbers here to make us better. It’s an instant upgrade.

Risk of our QB’s transferring is a non-issue. There’s more transfer QB’s to come in after Milton improves our trajectory if Smothers isn’t ready.
Use Luke like Taysom Hill.

My pants are creamy.
Vedral knew they system too....

Doubt he comes here but honestly if the other quarterbacks are mad then they can, you know, beat him out. This is big boy football and we are in no position to worry about any kids feelings at the moment.
Yeah, true enough. At this point we don't have a QB of the future, for that matter we don't have a RB of the future or WR, with the exception of Wandale. We desperately need that transformational player, or at the very least someone who makes everything else gel.

He would instantly make our Oline look better, knowing where to go with the ball and getting it out quicker.
I said this in another thread, or maybe this one to lazy to look. I was watching 2017 UCF last night and I don’t think their OL was any better than ours. Milton just got the ball out so quick. He had instant pressure a lot, but just made good, quick decisions .

You would think he's already talked to Scott in some way or form about it. Doesn't mean he wants to come here, but I'm sure it's at least been discussed.

Reactions: headcard
If McKenzie would actually want to reunite with Frost for 1 year, it'll happen. Why the hell wouldn't it? All our QBs will maintain a year of eligibility so the only one that might consider leaving would be AM. In the long run McCaffrey and Smothers would benefit greatly from Milton being N. I still think Smothers is the REAL QB of the future for Nebraska.

If McKenzie would actually want to reunite with Frost for 1 year, it'll happen. Why the hell wouldn't it? All our QBs will maintain a year of eligibility so the only one that might consider leaving would be AM. In the long run McCaffrey and Smothers would benefit greatly from Milton being N. I still think Smothers is the REAL QB of the future for Nebraska.
Why? Because he has 1 year to make an impression on the NFL. If he can do that at Nebraska, he will come. I don't think Nebraska has the talent to support a 1 year attempt to get him drafted. Miami, Clemson, ND , teams like that do. Just my opinion.

Why? Because he has 1 year to make an impression on the NFL. If he can do that at Nebraska, he will come. I don't think Nebraska has the talent to support a 1 year attempt to get him drafted. Miami, Clemson, ND , teams like that do. Just my opinion.
I agree with this, however.. getting the band back together has to be a strong motivation for both sides, because somehow it worked before, and both are sort of desperate. Milton has more options that is for sure, but would he be guaranteed playing time somewhere else? maybe..

it would be a home run to get some WR talent going here that is for sure.

I think there is a high probability of both wanting to take another shot at it.

We have heard zero about Smothers and usually we reserve the savior role for the 2nd string guy but in this case he is already anointed.

Reactions: CatColumbia
True, but I doubt any QB with NFL dreams wants to play 6 years of NCAA football. And your crazy if you don’t think Martinez wants to be an NFL QB
most college players do not want to sit on the bench AT ALL let alone 3-4 years. and many/most college players are not interested in playing 5 years let alone 6 years. speculation among all of college fb is the majority of seniors will want to move on and not come back. Not all but the majority. there is no way Martinez wants to sit a year to wait and play again. Smothers can already see what McCaffery offers. He has to be wondering about his future since Mccaffery is basically a freshman

But those teams have legit 4/5 start QBs waiting to take over.
It was just a sample of possible landing spots. Miami has nobody after this season. LSU cannot complete a forward pass. Many teams have 4 star players who have yet to take a snap. Are you going to choose a no snaps 4 star pretty boy, or a guy who for two straight years got 1st place Heisman votes. Coaches need to win, MM has a 23 game winning streak in Div 1 football. Do you know any bench warmer wanna be with that resume>

Stop being impressed by star ratings, they are a rivals invention to sell subscriptions. Ask Dillon Gabriel how many stars he had, ask MM, ask Trequan Smith, Jordan Akins, all virtual nobody's star wise till UCF gave them a chance.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
Wow you guys underestimate how bad our qb play has been to think he wouldn't help anything if he can still play well.

I don't think Luke can throw well enough to care if he will take his QB business elsewhere if Milton came here.

Luke is "the future" of some other position IMO. Probably Duck-R. But unless he dramatically improves as a passer he's nobody's QB and I imagine Ed knows that too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT