ADVERTISEMENT

McKennzie Milton

Some of you guys really think Luke is good enough to worry about his feelings? I don't. Not even remotely. Milton is good enough on one leg to win more games than the guys we've got. That whole "Luke is the future" was just coachspeak to make Luke feel better about losing his job this season.
The future of Duck-R

I read two years in the Orlando Sentinel article....but those guys are idiots in general, so you could be right.

Ok....looks like the Orlando Sentinel article is including this year in the two...he could play in our bowl game, I suppose.

So 1 year eligibility after this one.

Reactions: headcard
Ok....looks like the Orlando Sentinel article is including this year in the two...he could play in our bowl game, I suppose.

So 1 year eligibility after this one.
Any speculation down there on where he ends up? Also, has he been practicing?

Tons, but your guess is likely as good as ours at this point.
Yes. He's been running the scout team offense this season. Apparently very effectively (though not having been hit, obviously).
Whatever team he chooses is very fortunate. He's got the "it" factor on and off the field. Game play and culture will be better for him having been there, wherever "there" is.

He would be an inst-god in Lincoln...

Until the first loss.
My favorite player is always the back-up QB. Only problem is, once he takes over, he's no longer the back-up and I automatically hate him. The mere act of stepping onto the field transforms him like Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap to a terrible QB that I do not like. It's a real "chicken/egg" situation.

He’s been fully practicing for many months now. He runs the scout team right now. I could see him at UF because Trask has no reason to stay. Maybe UM if King leaves. That’s just knowing locally what is going on. Wherever he goes it will already be a good to great team.

For this to happen, this has to be the scenario:

1. Adrian is gone
2. Luke is ok with moving to WR/RB and no longer being QB
3. They tell Smothers that you are going to learn for one year under Milton and it is your show
OR: those 3 stay on the bench if they can't beat a newcomer out

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Luje isn't playing QB in the NFL.

Its dumb for him to spend anytime in that position.

He should be playing QB, RB and WR.

Poor use of talent.

Reactions: BleedRed78
For this to happen, this has to be the scenario:

1. Adrian is gone
2. Luke is ok with moving to WR/RB and no longer being QB
3. They tell Smothers that you are going to learn for one year under Milton and it is your show
Luke would sit behind Milton for one year and would potentially sit behind AM for two. I can’t imagine why this move would impact LM. I don’t think Luke’s best spot in this offense is QB, but if it is, no one better to learn from than Milton.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Who is "they" in this s scenario? Milton only has one year of eligibility, the only one I see this impacting is AM. Frost just has to decide if one year of Milton is better than two years of AM, as it is unlikely AM would stick around in this scenario.
here are my scenarios for whether I care if you stay:

1. you can beat out a lameduck QB with an under .400 winning percentage
2. once you earn starts, you win games

that's it. otherwise, stay, leave, I don't care

Who is "they" in this s scenario? Milton only has one year of eligibility, the only one I see this impacting is AM. Frost just has to decide if one year of Milton is better than two years of AM, as it is unlikely AM would stick around in this scenario.

We have 3 QB's we are talking about. IMO, Adrian would be gone right off the bat. Luke had a taste of starting, if Milton comes in and he has to sit next year he may think of leaving. Smothers I hope would stay, but he might also look at this as being a player management shit show and leave for greener pastures. Who knows. When you bring in a hired gun, it has a potential to affect everyone at that position.

We have 3 QB's we are talking about. IMO, Adrian would be gone right off the bat. Luke had a taste of starting, if Milton comes in and he has to sit next year he may think of leaving. Smothers I hope would stay, but he might also look at this as being a player management shit show and leave for greener pastures. Who knows. When you bring in a hired gun, it has a potential to affect everyone at that position.
it should send a very clear message:

you're not good enough

how they respond is up to them and of no concern to me or anyone who wants to win on the field

I think Milton chasing off Smothers or LM is pretty far fetched, but you may be right. Either way, this will most likely be yet another soap opera for our Huskers.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Why are people thinking 2AM would bounce? Based on what I've seen, he wouldn't. He could redshirt and be a junior when Milton is gone. As others have said, would have no effect on LMC or Smothers.

Right, and thanks for the clarification, but I think my point remains. Smothers and the new recruit are probably unfazed, but Luke, who will be in his third year with the program, and AM in his fourth, will surely have a different view. If Milton transferred to Nebraska, big if, I wouldn't be surprised to see Luke or AM transfer, possibly both. I'd hate to see Luke go.
Luke needs to be a utility player. AM needs to be a backup to Milton. Keep recruiting till you find the right QB, Milton has run Frosts offense at a high output before.

Last edited:
Why are people thinking 2AM would bounce? Based on what I've seen, he wouldn't. He could redshirt and be a junior when Milton is gone. As others have said, would have no effect on LMC or Smothers.
Yeah, AM could have three degrees, a masters and a JD by the time he leaves.

ADVERTISEMENT