ADVERTISEMENT

McKennzie Milton

The bigger question would be does Frost want to take the chance on him, not what the fan base wants...

200.gif.cf.gif

I was actually watching some 2017 UCF last night and some things jumped out to me.

The biggest thing was how dam good Milton was. Their OL honestly probably wasn’t any better than ours, other than being able to actually snap the ball. Milton just made such quick decisions. Even the deep downfield throws were out quick. He had instant pressure a lot and rarely took a sack or even took of running, just checked it down instantly. It also jumped out at me how few designed QB runs they had. They would run and option or run dart a couple times a game, usually with very good results. It made me wonder why they decided to put so much emphasis on running QB’s when they came here.

I would take Bubba Starling in a heartbeat if he wanted to play football. Kid is an even more elite athlete now. I bet he would be an incredible receiver.
Why are we over here!?!

I saw the post for Milton and got sucked in.

I think it'd be a tough call for Frost and Milton. If you're Milton, you hope to prove you're healthy enough to be considered draft worthy. Can he do that at Nebraska? If you're Frost, you've recruited 3 scholarship QBs, one of them will be a Sr., another an incoming freshman, a redshirt freshman and Luke. How would Milton's arrival impact them? Probably little impact for the freshmen, but what about Luke?

Reactions: BleedRed78
I think it'd be a tough call for Frost and Milton. If you're Milton, you hope to prove you're healthy enough to be considered draft worthy. Can he do that at Nebraska? If you're Frost, you've recruited 3 scholarship QBs, one of them will be a Sr., another an incoming freshman, a redshirt freshman and Luke. How would Milton's arrival impact them? Probably little impact for the freshmen, but what about Luke?

Who gives a damn just get him here! Finally some REAL competition. ...

Last edited:
Not sure Nebraska would be his best destination if he has visions of becoming a pro QB. That said, come on down!!!!

Reactions: WHCSC
umm... this might be on his list, but it's far down there. at his healthiest, Milton was not draft worthy.

I think the kid loves football and misses it. that's all. as for the QB room, a potentially good quarterback would be a welcome sight.
I guess I thought he was better than that, but maybe you're right. If his main interest is to finish out his career, I agree with you as a Husker fan, it sure would be nice to see high-level QB play for a change.

I think no because I'm sick of players leaving, but I think that'd be difficult for Frost to pass up. He would also technically have another offseason for his leg to heal more and go through some S&C. For all we know it could be just what is needed to make this thing hum.

Lets just say he can throw better than anyone we have. But if he comes, what happens to Luke? No way in hell he drops to 3rd string. Frost is adamant that Luke is the future qb. My guess is that won’t leave the McCaffrey household very happy.

Lets just say he can throw better than anyone we have. But if he comes, what happens to Luke? No way in hell he drops to 3rd string. Frost is adamant that Luke is the future qb. My guess is that won’t leave the McCaffrey household very happy.
Yeah I'm conflicted on this one. Do you convince Luke to play slot in 2021 with the "guarantee" he can learn from KZ and start in 2022? What happens to Adrian then? Smell ya later, been fun? Frost is stubborn but I don't think he's an asshole.

How many years does Milton have, one? I think it would have a bigger impact on AM than LM. LM can still get on the field and get touches and still be the future. AM on the other hand, may leave if this happens. He wouldn’t have to, he had a RS year and could always “recover” from some injury, but my guess is a Milton transfer would much more likely lead to AM leaving than LM.

I guess I thought he was better than that, but maybe you're right. If his main interest is to finish out his career, I agree with you as a Husker fan, it sure would be nice to see high-level QB play for a change.
he's been a great college quarterback, but at 5'11", 185 lbs, he's not a pro

there aren't many kyler murrays

people on here still think martinez is a potential draftee. we wouldn't know an NFL talent if it slapped our grandparents.

Nobody lost eligibility this year
Adrian will still be a junior
Luke a third year redshirt freshman
Smothers a true freshman
New recruit will also be a true freshman

Nobody lost eligibility this year
Adrian will still be a junior
Luke a third year redshirt freshman
Smothers a true freshman
New recruit will also be a true freshman
Right, and thanks for the clarification, but I think my point remains. Smothers and the new recruit are probably unfazed, but Luke, who will be in his third year with the program, and AM in his fourth, will surely have a different view. If Milton transferred to Nebraska, big if, I wouldn't be surprised to see Luke or AM transfer, possibly both. I'd hate to see Luke go.

Some of you guys really think Luke is good enough to worry about his feelings? I don't. Not even remotely. Milton is good enough on one leg to win more games than the guys we've got. That whole "Luke is the future" was just coachspeak to make Luke feel better about losing his job this season.

He has one season to showcase talent. No offense but objectively there isn’t anything to showcase at Nebraska right now. He’ll be taking his skills to a top 25 program, like UF, where Trask will be leaving.

The person who posted about watching some 2017 UCF games was spot on. I have no idea why your offense seems to run the QB so much. That’s not what Frost did while at UCF. It was about getting your best athletes in open space and getting them the ball. That 2017 team also had 7 guys make NFL squads the next season. Not practice squads but 52 man rosters. He had a ton of talent around him. 60-70% of it played on an 0-12 team in 2015. The stars aligned and magic happened. It’s what makes college football so much fun, and also what makes it so frustrating when it just doesn’t happen.

For the foreseeable past and future, only Bama, Clemson and Ohio State get to be great every year, and everybody else is going to have up and down seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT