ADVERTISEMENT

McGowens is really good and is what makes

Things happen for Nebraska. Can't wait to get his brother on the floor next year.
Hoiberg is a great Coach and these guys will get it going next year.
giphy.gif

Agree.

Huge Hoiberg fans but was really worried how the apparent lack of progress might impact both him personally, roster attrition for 2021 and recruiting for 2022. With the group they have playing together the way they are I would assume basketball is fun for everyone currently on team we we will have a good core back next year.

I could easily see a rotation including B McGowens, T McGowens, Mayen, Walker, Banton, Eduardo, Stephenson, Bradenbach and Thor being competitive enough to go 500+ in conference assumign B McGowens is legit five star. If we lose thor or Stephonson, may also be able to pick up a legit transfer if teams looks solid down stretch.

Definitely feeling a lot better about future basketball prospects than I was a month ago. As ugly as it has been, It is definitely possible this thing is about to turn the corner.

Agree.

Huge Hoiberg fans but was really worried how the apparent lack of progress might impact both him personally, roster attrition for 2021 and recruiting for 2022. With the group they have playing together the way they are I would assume basketball is fun for everyone currently on team we we will have a good core back next year.

I could easily see a rotation including B McGowens, T McGowens, Mayen, Walker, Banton, Eduardo, Stephenson, Bradenbach and Thor being competitive enough to go 500+ in conference assumign B McGowens is legit five star. If we lose thor or Stephonson, may also be able to pick up a legit transfer if teams looks solid down stretch.

Definitely feeling a lot better about future basketball prospects than I was a month ago. As ugly as it has been, It is definitely possible this thing is about to turn the corner.
Good post. We get more wins next year and Hoiberg will get some more big time talent.

Hoiberg lands another top two or three ballers next year for sure.
Guys, kids want to play for Hoiberg. He's a great coach, knows how to win and send kids to the NBA.
Nebraska Basketball is just getting started.
i always have to laugh when fans claim certain coaches send kids to the NBA. The coaches who send kids to the NBA are the ones who recruit the best players. In other words, wherever the best players decide to go is the place that will send kids to the NBA. There is no advantage to playing for Hoiberg in terms of getting to the NBA. 5 star recruits get to the NBA from any program in america. and can be #1 picks from any program in america

i always have to laugh when fans claim certain coaches send kids to the NBA. The coaches who send kids to the NBA are the ones who recruit the best players. In other words, wherever the best players decide to go is the place that will send kids to the NBA. There is no advantage to playing for Hoiberg in terms of getting to the NBA. 5 star recruits get to the NBA from any program in america. and can be #1 picks from any program in america
So what is the point you are trying to make here? You have to have a good respected coach to recruit good players. After all, the HC is responsible for the program.
Just 5 star kids get to the NBA? Wrong!
I for one know Hoiberg is the best N has had ever running the program. And a damn good recruiter and coach.
I guess I don't understand the point you are trying to make.
Again, I for one am happy with the Fred Hoiberg hire and he is pretty young meaning he could coach a long time yet.
You seen what happened with the Barry Collier years and I will stop here.
Hoiberg and the 5 star kid just didn't fall in his lap by accident. So his brother helped....so what. Still not getting the 5 star kid without a good HC and Staff.
Its just the beginning for Hoiberg.
And don't tell me you are in the group of whiners like the Scott Frost group.
Tell you what. Keep whining but please don't bring it here.
Keep whining and in a couple years, let us know how it worked out for ya bingo.

Last edited:

not always true. Kids want to play for certain coaches mainly for the style of play the coaches believe in. Often times the styles fit the players strength and further improve their skill sets.Hoiberg happens to have the right style to prepare players to the next level.

Reactions: stucknks
technically, Nebraska wouldnt just MAKE the tournament if they won out, they'd hang a NC banner.
could you imagine?

winning out and hanging a banner wouldn't even get us to .500! would be the greatest season of all time. instant 30 for 30.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT