Votes: 56 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Definitely

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Definitely not

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
He turned down Ohio State to stay at Creighton. He would never come to Nebraska.

If you want to get nauseous consider that Hoiberg’s salary is more than 2.5x greater than McDermott’s

• Wow
Reactions: cavalot
Zero percent chance he would ever leave creighton for Nebraska. He has unlimited job security and is rolling. Nebraska is career suicide.
There are zero expectations at CU, why leave?

New AD and him, I guess, have had some "issues" though.

Zero percent chance he would ever leave creighton for Nebraska. He has unlimited job security and is rolling. Nebraska is career suicide.
I’m not saying he’d leave creighton, I’m just asking a question would he be successful at the unl? Since he turned down OSU is creighton his peak? And I’m not say Nebraska job is better than what he has

There are zero expectations at CU, why leave?

New AD and him, I guess, have had some "issues" though.

Wait...are you talking about Nebraska??? Where they never win, anything, or make the dance, let alone any tourney wins? Because I think if Greg had the career Fredward has, he would have been gone a long time ago, so tell me again which school apparently has no expectations based on the actual body of evidence?

Wait...are you talking about Nebraska??? Where they never win, anything, or make the dance, let alone any tourney wins? Because I think if Greg had the career Fredward has, he would have been gone a long time ago, so tell me again which school apparently has no expectations based on the actual body of evidence?
Creighton. There are no expectations there.

NU seems to have some sort of expectation of "making the dance" every few years, which is why they keep firing dudes, because they don't make it.

Doug has offered people with his racist remarks, they have been caught cheating and his started the season ranked like 8? And is currently unranked with 8 losses and they got smoked by NU. It is pretty clear that there are no expectations in place. Clearly none about acceptable behavior and/or cheating.

Creighton. There are no expectations there.

NU seems to have some sort of expectation of "making the dance" every few years, which is why they keep firing dudes, because they don't make it.

Doug has offered people with his racist remarks, they have been caught cheating and his started the season ranked like 8? And is currently unranked with 8 losses and they got smoked by NU. It is pretty clear that there are no expectations in place. Clearly none about acceptable behavior and/or cheating.
Now this is a stupid post by an ignorant person.

Greg is no racist. Lazy take. Not sure about the cheating...maybe you have something there...Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina do 1000X wotse with zero fallout so whatevs on that for me. As far as this year goes that story is still being written. I expect them to go dancing but we'll see.....regardless...even if they lose every game left on their schedule, that program is still miles better than Nebraska's and it isn't close...and Fredward still has a job so the expectations take is way off the mark for me.

Lol. They’re in 4th place in their league and projected as a 7 seed. They’re top 20 in Kenpom and the net. They had one rough patch. What should creighton do? Ignore the previous 10 years of ncaa tournament appearances with a sweet 16 birth and making 4 of 9 big east tournament finals because of one rough stretch with their best player ill/out? That take ignores all the success and program development he’s already brought. Just dumb.

Lol. They’re in 4th place in their league and projected as a 7 seed. They had one rough patch. What should creighton do? Ignore the previous 10 years of ncaa tournament appearances with a sweet 16 birth and making 4 of 9 big east tournament finals because of one rough stretch with their best player ill/out? That take ignores all the success and program development he’s already brought. Just dumb.
No, of course they shouldn't!

That is my point! It is a great job because there are no expectations! Dude has it made. It is a compliment. We all wish we had it made like that.

Dude started the year with a top 10 ranking and 2 dudes projected to go in the first round. Both have wildly underachieved and they are struggling hard all year. He could finish with 18 losses and it would not matter.

Again, it his a complement. He has it made.

That is my point! It is a great job because there are no expectations! Dude has it made. It is a compliment. We all wish we had it made like that.

How do you know there are no expectations? Greg never comes close to being bad enough to test those waters? Fred has...and he's still employed.

Reactions: 10Trvln
How do you know there are no expectations? Greg never comes close to being bad enough to test those waters? Fred has...and he's still employed.
We all know there are none!

Sports jobs are either built with stepping stones...or just happy to do what you are doing.

He has a "just happy to do what you are doing" place, again, a huge compliment, it is awesome.

We all know there are none!

Sports jobs are either built with stepping stones...or just happy to do what you are doing.

He has a "just happy to do what you are doing" place, again, a huge compliment, it is awesome.

So you think if Greg had the same career at Creighton as Fredward has had at Nebraska he'd still be employed? Simple yes or no is fine here. Easy ? ...and after you answer " No" honestly...then doesn't that put a huge hole in your argument?

Fact is, Greg has been way to successful to even be considered on the hot seat his entire career here.

Dude started the year with a top 10 ranking and 2 dudes projected to go in the first round. Both have wildly underachieved and they are struggling hard all year. He could finish with 18 losses and it would not matter.

Except they’re not struggling. They’ve won 5 straight, blew out #13 Xavier and are 1.5 games back from being in first place. They had one rough patch. Lost by 2 to AZ, 5 at texas. He has expectations, just not unreasonable ones. No one expects them to be Kansas at this point. If they miss the ncaa tournament, there will be a lot of questions, but it’s silly to put a coach’s job on the line every year, regardless of preseason expectations. I guess we have different definitions of expectations….because if he misses the tournament 5 years in a row and creighton starts to fall apart, he would get let go. He just has a lot of runway right now

Greggggg has it made on the plantation. No reason to ever leave

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SuperBigFan

Who was projected to go in the 1st round?

I’m a Creighton fan and I think McDermott is a good fit for the program, but this year’s team has underachieved. I never bought the Final 4 or Elite 8 hype, but this team should not have sunk all the way to Others Receiving Votes. Still a chance to pick up some quality wins, but right now they have very few.

• Love
Reactions: SuperBigFan
When in doubt...attack the poster!

I get it, if I was a Jay fan I would be pissed about this year too.
If being one game out of first in their conference, a top 20 NET, #11 in kenpom with a number of big games to be played is a reason to be pissed, ok. You're not interested in logical debate. Shine has laid out the arguments against your dumb posts and you just rebut with more dumb posts, thus, the rightfully earned name, SuperDumbFan.

You watch by Selection Sunday Creighton could still end up being 6th seed..

They had their difficulties during the December part of the schedule but their a much better team that can do some damage still.

Creighton is going to be nationally televised Saturday night on Fox a week after being nationally televised on CBS because of what Greg McDermott has built there. Some of you are ****ing insane.

Reactions: scarletred
That‘s the same argument about Devaney and TO.

Which both are true, but McDermott and Osborne kept feeding the monster..

The funny thing is that McDermott was absolutely terrible at Iowa State and Hoiberg was awesome there.

Now McDermott is awesome at Creighton and Hoiberg is absolutely terrible here.

It's like this program can't have nice things.

ADVERTISEMENT