ADVERTISEMENT

McCaffrey's rushing attempts (SIAP)

Let's see, it's third and long. 90% chance of quarterback takes off up the middle. Passing play breaks down, quarterback takes off and runs. Designed quarterback run plays. Yeah, this seems about right

Reactions: TheNewNU
...or at least arm-punting.
128794859.jpg

Reactions: BleedRed78
Jammal Lord was a 21-year-old fourth-year junior before he started a game for the Huskers. Luke is 19, and is about 20 pounds lighter than Jammal, who played at 215-220. In other words, Jammal was a grown man when he was asked to shoulder the ball-carrying load. Heck, even Adrian is still only 20.

Jammal Lord was a 21-year-old fourth-year junior before he started a game for the Huskers. Luke is 19, and is about 20 pounds lighter than Jammal, who played at 215-220. In other words, Jammal was a grown man when he was asked to shoulder the ball-carrying load. Heck, even Adrian is still only 20.

Lord was a alot bigger than Luke. Luke takes a shot pretty well though, I will say that. Reminds me of Crouch in the toughness department.

It would help if we had an offensive line that could give Luke more than 2 seconds to throw. All starts up front. No line equals no success. P

Reactions: bshirt73
It would help if we had an offensive line that could give Luke more than 2 seconds to throw. All starts up front. No line equals no success. P
Two seconds is about the right amount of time. One thousand 1, one thousand 2, ball comes out. He probably ought to have two main options.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I thought Held was this ace recruiter? Why dont we have an RB that can get yards consistently?
He is.. and is our best recruiter.

My opinion, a lot of those RB's we recruited came to us after injuries in high school. We said goodbye to at least one, a few of them are small (not a fan of scat backs). But the number 1 reason we are not getting consistent RB yards, is

Frost hasn't really committed to the run.. at least from the running back position, traditional sense.

We had a nice series against Illinois last week, then didn't go back to it.. Super maddening.

Two seconds is about the right amount of time. One thousand 1, one thousand 2, ball comes out. He probably ought to have two main options.

So you think by the time he tracks down which way the snap is going to go and then rely on our receivers to be open that 2 seconds is enough? Maybe in a perfect world. We dont live in that in Lincoln anymore. By the time he tracks down the snap, then goes through his progressions (ok so finds Wandale) he is already decided to scramble.

I agree, give me 2 sophomores and 3 seniors mixing in the young bucks like I was expecting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT