ADVERTISEMENT

McCaffrey leaves Louisville

I guess he could coach speak and say we wish all of these guys the best at their new schools. But what he said was accurate. If Frost was brutally honest, he would have said one of his biggest coaching blunders was benching AM and plying Luke.

To add.... even if Frost was referencing Luke, he wasn't saying anything bad about him. Christian is being a little dramatic.
Not to mention Scott commented on people giving kids bad info to transfer not that a kid should not transfer so he compares apples to oranges (Tom told Scott to wait a semester and be sure he wanted to transfer ba rice’s coach offering a starting job possibly and doing so behind the scenes). The jab by Christian missed the mark as a result of comparing different things. Uneducated hot take in his oaet which is par for an average twidiot user

If Frost was brutally honest, he would have said one of his biggest coaching blunders was benching AM and plying Luke.
Which game(s) are you referring to exactly?

Last edited:
Not to mention Scott commented on people giving kids bad info to transfer not that a kid should not transfer so he compares apples to oranges (Tom told Scott to wait a semester and be sure he wanted to transfer ba rice’s coach offering a starting job possibly and doing so behind the scenes). The jab by Christian missed the mark as a result of comparing different things. Uneducated hot take in his oaet which is par for an average twidiot user
Except Luke was never enrolled at Louisville. At that point he was just a player in the transfer portal. If a coach from Alabama started talking to Tyreeke Johnson is that behind the scenes too?

Comparing Frost transferring to the best program of the 90s, winning the starting job and then winning a national title to Luke transferring to Louisville and then almost immediately transferring to one of the worst fbs programs is uhhh questionable.

I guess he could coach speak and say we wish all of these guys the best at their new schools. But what he said was accurate. If Frost was brutally honest, he would have said one of his biggest coaching blunders was benching AM and plying Luke.
I would say it was going back on that decision and starting AM yet again, who promptly, and to nobody's surprise, did what AM does (lose)

the only QB in the history of football to win less than 40% of the time and have an entire fanbase swear he's still the answer 30 games in

Stockholm Syndrome is real

the only QB in the history of football to win less than 40% of the time and have an entire fanbase swear he's still the answer 30 games in
Seriously? The entire fanbase swears he's still the answer? I'd be surprised if you could find one person who is convinced he's still the answer. But I know it's fun to play the "I'm the only one who gets it" game.

Last edited:
Seriously? The entire fanbase swears he's still the answer? I'd be surprised if you could find one person who is convinced he's still the answer. But I know it's fun to play the "I'm the only one who gets it" game.
Did you not see the early predictions thread? Every post in there says our season will be dictated by his staying healthy.

Well, every post but mine, that is.

Did you not see the early predictions thread? Every post in there says our season will be dictated by his staying healthy.

Well, every post but mine, that is.
Ok, I hear you and that's a fair take. I just think that believing that he gives us the best chance for this season and swearing that he's "the answer" are two different things. You could definitely be right that there's a guy with zero experience on the bench that could win more games than a healthy Martinez in 2021. But it's not unreasonable to think that him staying healthy is important if we hope to win 6 and get back to a bowl. Either way I'm fine, I'm over Martinez but not real convinced there's a better option ready to go. I think that's where most fans are at as opposed to everyone swearing he's the guy.

Ok, I hear you and that's a fair take. I just think that believing that he gives us the best chance for this season and swearing that he's "the answer" are two different things. You could definitely be right that there's a guy with zero experience on the bench that could win more games than a healthy Martinez in 2021. But it's not unreasonable to think that him staying healthy is important if we hope to win 6 and get back to a bowl. Either way I'm fine, I'm over Martinez but not real convinced there's a better option ready to go. I think that's where most fans are at as opposed to everyone swearing he's the guy.
that 'he gives us the best chance to win' line of thinking is exactly what I'm talking about.

he doesn't, and never has.

I'm over it, too. like I said, I'm chalking up 2021 as a wash already and very much looking forward to 2022 when there's an actual reason for excitement.

Reactions: mgbreis
that 'he gives us the best chance to win' line of thinking is exactly what I'm talking about.

he doesn't, and never has.

I'm over it, too. like I said, I'm chalking up 2021 as a wash already and very much looking forward to 2022 when there's an actual reason for excitement.
You might get surprised this year.. It will be back to no experience at QB this year, so you will be hoping 2AM gets hurt I suppose..

You might get surprised this year.. It will be back to no experience at QB this year, so you will be hoping 2AM gets hurt I suppose..
I would absolutely be stunned if after 3 full years AM all of a sudden reverses course and rallies the team to meaningful wins, yes. Typically winners win, or at least show signs of what it takes to win, long before they’ve set the school record for losses.

I never root for injuries, obviously. I do, however, hope he moves on to the next phase in his life after this year.

I would absolutely be stunned if after 3 full years AM all of a sudden reverses course and rallies the team to meaningful wins, yes. Typically winners win, or at least show signs of what it takes to win, long before they’ve set the school record for losses.

I never root for injuries, obviously. I do, however, hope he moves on to the next phase in his life after this year.
No luck, I think he will be fully tenured after next year. Can't get fired after that.

IMO Frost wasn't even talking about McCaffrey, I think he was talking about the kid who went to FAU before even going through fall camp and then left FAU.

I think Mitch stepped in it by inferring that Frost was talking about McCaffrey and then making it the semi-spicy lede for a tweet about a story that's really more of a blog post.

The whole thing smacks of summertime Husker coverage, there's nothing going on but that team sells subscriptions so you gotta dredge up an article about something. Frost says a little more than he should have on a subject he didn't have to get into, somebody writes a story about it, we're off and running.

I saw that somebody dredged up all the "We just wanna play" BS from last fall too like that was ever a very interesting story. When it's your job to talk about this team nonstop that's what you have to do, talk about everything that a coach or player says.

Scott needs to learn to say, "I'm not gonna comment on that, we're focused on (insert current team activity here)." Coaches do coachspeak for a reason. He still can't figure out that his life would be a lot more relaxing if he'd give more boring interviews.

IMO Frost wasn't even talking about McCaffrey, I think he was talking about the kid who went to FAU before even going through fall camp and then left FAU.

I think Mitch stepped in it by inferring that Frost was talking about McCaffrey and then making it the semi-spicy lede for a tweet about a story that's really more of a blog post.

The whole thing smacks of summertime Husker coverage, there's nothing going on but that team sells subscriptions so you gotta dredge up an article about something. Frost says a little more than he should have on a subject he didn't have to get into, somebody writes a story about it, we're off and running.

I saw that somebody dredged up all the "We just wanna play" BS from last fall too like that was ever a very interesting story. When it's your job to talk about this team nonstop that's what you have to do, talk about everything that a coach or player says.

Scott needs to learn to say, "I'm not gonna comment on that, we're focused on (insert current team activity here)." Coaches do coachspeak for a reason. He still can't figure out that his life would be a lot more relaxing if he'd give more boring interviews.
Agreed. I can't stand reading ANY of the offseason daily stories they have to dredge up. It's all meaningless. And yet, like you say Frost can't seem to avoid giving them something that ends up pinned on his hide.

Scott needs to learn to say, "I'm not gonna comment on that, we're focused on (insert current team activity here)." Coaches do coachspeak for a reason. He still can't figure out that his life would be a lot more relaxing if he'd give more boring interviews
Spot on. Both he and Moos need to learn how to shut their damn mouth. Moos crapping out win totals and the cavalier comments by Frost can easily take a non-issue and turn it into front page news or bulletin board material

As it stands, it's June and Nebrasla is undefeated and the media needs something to chew on to create interest in their mediocre writing skills.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Except Luke was never enrolled at Louisville. At that point he was just a player in the transfer portal. If a coach from Alabama started talking to Tyreeke Johnson is that behind the scenes too?
So you suppose Louisville’s coach would be good with that.

Agreed. I can't stand reading ANY of the offseason daily stories they have to dredge up. It's all meaningless. And yet, like you say Frost can't seem to avoid giving them something that ends up pinned on his hide.
Well when what he says half the time gets taken out of context he should no longer speak to the media. Might be boring for these Nebraska tours in the summer time though. Maybe he could just stay home…

Well when what he says half the time gets taken out of context he should no longer speak to the media. Might be boring for these Nebraska tours in the summer time though. Maybe he could just stay home…
Frost has this weird thing where if you hear him say it then you usually get his meaning and you can tell it's no big deal.

But his word choice somehow lends itself to sounding like a BIG SHOT if you put it in writing and take away his sleepy "aw shucks I'm just a kid from Western Nebraska who never sleeps, all I want is a win and a nap" delivery from it.

Reactions: keilwitzg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT