ADVERTISEMENT

McCaffrey leaves Louisville

With Noyer leaving, maybe McCaffrey has his eye on the CU Buffs' QB job. But if so, someone should tell him it won't be handed to him the moment he steps on campus.

Or maybe he'll go All in the Family and play WR/RB at Northern Colorado. Anyway, even in this era of college free agency, cutting out on Louisville is not a great look.

Does anybody in FBS let this guy walk in as their starter? That’s what he wants, and I sure hope he is disappointed. He will end up at Northern Colorado to be coached by his dad.

Reactions: jsachisler
I didn’t look at Louisville when Luke left, but it’s a really odd choice to go where Malik Cunningham has two years left and has been a Top16 QB performer with yards and TDs as a multi-year starter, which is stiff competition and far superior to what Adrian has done here.

If he did want to compete at QB, staying here made way more sense.

Anyway, carry on.

giphy.gif

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I didn’t look at Louisville when Luke left, but it’s a really odd choice to go where Malik Cunningham has two years left and has been a Top16 QB performer with yards and TDs as a multi-year starter, which is stiff competition and far superior to what Adrian has done here.

If he did want to compete at QB, staying here made way more sense.

Anyway, carry on.
His best fit as a P5 player would be a a swiss army knife offensive skill player. A kid you have to account for when he is on the field. And yet he persists in seeking a role for which he is not suited.

So of the two big cases of attrition, Wandale will play quite a bit for Kentucky and Luke is currently without a team. We replaced Wandale with Toure and that very well may be a net positive. Brown and Nixon look to be capable backups. Had Luke stayed, he'd be competing with those three for playing time. If I had to choose between two players whose allegiance to the program appears to have been transactional and three players that want to be in Lincoln, I'll pick the latter.

Not outraged but sorry he left. We are loser program and need all the help we can get. Wait until Martinez limps off in the OU game -- or before — and then see if we could still use him.

The kid isn’t a QB. He had 1 TD (on a forward handoff) and 6 INT. That isn’t the kind of help we need. He’s a great athlete that needs to give up the QB dream.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT