ADVERTISEMENT

McCaffery & Pitino in the running at Arkansas?

cdriftt24

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 29, 2012

This seems interesting. Not sure how reliable but 2 B1G coaches seem to be getting courted by Arkansas?

When people tell us “it’s not the 90s” anymore in football, the same can be said about Arkansas for basketball. A coach may believe the Hogs can return to those glory days but the one thing Arkansas basketball no longer has that it use to is the King Classic

In case your not aware of what that is, the King Classic was the top high school basketball tournament in the nation. It was played in Pine Bluff Arkansas for years. So the hogs had a front row ticket to recruiting. This was before websites and before AAU basketball. Today, the King Classic is over, HS basketball tournaments went away for AAU tourneys, and as a result Arkansas’s competitive advantage in recruiting is gone

Reactions: CatColumbia
Arkansas wouldn’t be any better with McCaffery and possilble they could be worse in his direction with recruting in the SEC area..

When people tell us “it’s not the 90s” anymore in football, the same can be said about Arkansas for basketball. A coach may believe the Hogs can return to those glory days but the one thing Arkansas basketball no longer has that it use to is the King Classic

In case your not aware of what that is, the King Classic was the top high school basketball tournament in the nation. It was played in Pine Bluff Arkansas for years. So the hogs had a front row ticket to recruiting. This was before websites and before AAU basketball. Today, the King Classic is over, HS basketball tournaments went away for AAU tourneys, and as a result Arkansas’s competitive advantage in recruiting is gone

I think it also helped that Nolan Richardson was a badass coach.

With that said, there is really no reason that Arkansas can't be a top 3 SEC team every year. UK clearly will be one until Cal leaves...2 is a toss up but for the most part over the last 20 years UF probably gets the nod. After that it is up in the air.

If I was Pitino Jr...I would take it...Minny has a crazy idea of what they are...they don't seem to appreciate any coach that they have for any sport.

Fran, I can't see him leaving but in the end money talks.

Muss is probably waiting for UCLA to offer him the bank...OR sniffing around the NBA...but I can't see him heading back to UNR...that job will suuuuuuuuuck next year and he knows it. Plus, that team feel the **** apart the last 3 weeks of the season.

If and it’s a big if Fran would leave Iowa would simply open the checkbook and get a Calipari or Roy Williams.

I can really appreciate the Brad Tucker simply DGAF #postswhathewants #doeswhathewants #IowafanbedamnedIlikehisstyle

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
That's rich, considereing the recent substantial buyout completed, then added again to (2x).
Hey, I didn't say I was thrilled with ours either. The difference is our "Board of directors" made a change and retooled for the future. Your "Board of directors" is thrilled with your product. The Edsel is the future!!

Hey, I didn't say I was thrilled with ours either. The difference is our "Board of directors" made a change and retooled for the future. Your "Board of directors" is thrilled with your product. The Edsel is the future!!

They are caught in between. I get not wanting to jump into the carousel, yet I still truly believe football has the young pieces in place for a big push in the near future.

Basketball, 4 of 6 tournament appearances, 3-4 record is something 95% of D1 programs would take. Not a resume worthy of a firing. If he chooses to move on, so be it, as long as another Lick hiring doesn't occur (similar to Riley) I like Iowa's positioning as a desirable job in the future.

They are caught in between. I get not wanting to jump into the carousel, yet I still truly believe football has the young pieces in place for a big push in the near future.

Basketball, 4 of 6 tournament appearances, 3-4 record is something 95% of D1 programs would take. Not a resume worthy of a firing. If he chooses to move on, so be it, as long as another Lick hiring doesn't occur (similar to Riley) I like Iowa's positioning as a desirable job in the future.

Good enough for 7 million dollar pay out which most of you Herky’s find ridicules..

Reactions: H8FULLGR8

With that said, there is really no reason that Arkansas can't be a top 3 SEC team every year. UK clearly will be one until Cal leaves...2 is a toss up but for the most part over the last 20 years UF probably gets the nod. After that it is up in the air.

If I was Pitino Jr...I would take it...Minny has a crazy idea of what they are...they don't seem to appreciate any coach that they have for any sport.

Muss is probably waiting for UCLA to offer him the bank...OR sniffing around the NBA...but I can't see him heading back to UNR...that job will suuuuuuuuuck next year and he knows it. Plus, that team feel the **** apart the last 3 weeks of the season.

Nolan was pretty solid but his last 6 years at Arkansas were pretty bad. A lot goes into why but a lot of the why points to poor recruiting and his style being passed by.

But I agree, in a fair world, Arkansas should be top 3 in basketball in the SEC. But unfortunately teams like LSU. Ole Miss, & Auburn don’t play clean. Hard to overcome the dirtiness of that conference

Fran started the rumor knowing that Iowa will gladly give him an extension for average to slightly above average performance.

Reactions: Frozone
Why would you fire Mike Anderson to hire Pitino, McCaffery, or Musselman? Anderson has a better resume than all 3 of them.

Nolan was pretty solid but his last 6 years at Arkansas were pretty bad. A lot goes into why but a lot of the why points to poor recruiting and his style being passed by.

But I agree, in a fair world, Arkansas should be top 3 in basketball in the SEC. But unfortunately teams like LSU. Ole Miss, & Auburn don’t play clean. Hard to overcome the dirtiness of that conference

Thought you guys said all SEC schools cheat? So why would Arkansas have any problems?

Why would you fire Mike Anderson to hire Pitino, McCaffery, or Musselman? Anderson has a better resume than all 3 of them.

Makes no sence too me either after looking at the track records of Littel Pitino and Franny Mac..

No one plays clean

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I can really appreciate the Brad Tucker simply DGAF #postswhathewants #doeswhathewants #IowafanbedamnedIlikehisstyle

Yep, his posts don't have to make any sense whatsoever or even have a basis in reality. The trolling isn't clever or subtle in any way. It's pretty obvious that he and Kwicasso don't believe half the ridiculous shit they say, but Iowa gonna Iowa.

Last edited:
Aside from the swine connection (Razorbacks and hogeyes), why would Arkansas be interested in coach fwwan?

Quality post.

Leaving sperm at a rest stop really isn't being a donor but I am confident Iowa leads the entire nation.
Especially for a state that advertises "modern rest area X miles". As opposed to what? And boy are they proud of running water and indoor plumbing. Thank goodness they have all them wind mills for that there lectricity. Wow, these modern times. Next thing you know, they might try to put a man in orbit. Xcitin times we're living in.

Lol, check out this shitbird. Step your game up junior.
Shitbird!
giphy.gif

Reactions: blackshirts4life339

Gregg Marshall now in the mix? But also heard he is making more than anderson was at Arkansas? Weird situation and makes me appreciate Moos having his guy before letting the previous person go.

My first reaction to the thought of McCaffrey was he wouldn’t be a good fit. However, as I’ve mentioned before, I’ve never seen so many asshats in one place at one time like I did with all the Arkansas fans at last year’s CWS Championship Series game 2. So maybe that asshat would fit right in?

Last edited:
Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT