ADVERTISEMENT

McCaffery in the portal

Can't wait for people to overreact to this because of his last name while ignoring what we saw on the field this year.

he should have done it a lot earlier when there was some good talent on the board... maybe someone else might put themselves on the board, but to me, this says that the players have trust issues with frost and the offense.

God, I wish Martinez would transfer instead of all these other guys. Unreal.
So you want the best QB on the team to transfer? Unreal.

He had the opportunity to grab the position and didnt succeed. That opportunity would've come again in an offense that is built for his skill set. F'n bounce. Shit is exhausting.

Good lord. Seems like the ncaa may need to adjust the transfer portal rules. Its just players jumping ship constantly and it’s not just the Huskers.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
What if: Maybe the following has already happened, there is an accepted transfer portal QB not yet made public, Luke was advised of incoming transfer, asked to his interest in moving to another position, he has chosen to enter portal vs agreeing to a move.

Can't wait for people to overreact to this because of his last name while ignoring what we saw on the field this year.
I think it's less of an overreaction about losing McCaffrey and more about the whole construction of this offense being a cluster----. McCaffrey wasn't the answer at QB, but who is? Is there a QB on campus right now who can get this team over .500?

Sucks to see a dynamic player like him go, but it's hard to imagine how he was the QB of the future. It's actually kinda scary to read Frost insisting that QB is the future for Luke.

Younger Franiok probably needs to end up at a SDSU or USD. Warner gave a lot of effort and was a good leader but there was a reason he was a walk on. We struggled scoring touchdowns this year and he dropped two of them. I'm not that disappointed in Luke leaving. It's obvious he isn't ready to be a power 5 qb and if he wants to continue to follow his dreams of being a qb he needed to transfer to some where else to do it.

Reactions: arf_man
Sucks to see a dynamic player like him go, but it's hard to imagine how he was the QB of the future. It's actually kinda scary to read Frost insisting that QB is the future for Luke.
It was the right thing to say, even if he didnt belive it. Maybe its on Frost for him leaving, maybe not. For me its just a sign of the times.

Reactions: TerranPetteway
Frost is like Twitter, no filter. he oughta table his thoughts for 24 hours before he makes them public. he has said entirely way too many stupid things. It hurts his credibility

With O'Brien transferring to Washington, perhaps Luke sees a better path in Ft. Collins. We have seen our former QBs there before.

Frost is like Twitter, no filter. he oughta table his thoughts for 24 hours before he makes them public. he has said entirely way too many stupid things. It hurts his credibility
So would you prefer that Frost would have said “ Yea our 2nd string QB really sucks”?

Frost was held hostage and he needs to stop getting himself in these situations. He needs to recruit a legit throwing QB with little need of development. We’ve seen the development from Verduzco and him have been $hit.
Have any of the people who run this site given out any information, done their job and reported on it.

IMO the NCAA set this up. It's happening all over the college scene. Northwestern lost their top 2 RB's. This isn't about our culture as much as it is about the mentality of the younger generation. They want immediat results. What's in it for me I want immediate results & recognition.

Has Sean or anyone written a story, have they reported on why LM is transferring.

Oh gotcha. Not that I’m aware. Listened to Mitch Sherman today on Hail Varsity and he alluded what many of us here have pointed out. We have no identity offensively and his faith ran out, similar to Wandale. Didn’t like the way he was used. I mean he played in very different roles the entire year. He spent 2 full years with us and didn’t see how he was going to fit in to our future.

Has Frost even commented on McCaffrey leaving yet? Has anyone in the media bothered to ask for comment?

Considering just 4 days ago he praised McCaffrey length and said he is going to be a special player here...seems like there's a disconnect within the program that needs addressed.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
One thing I’ll miss about Luke, and same goes for Wandale, is their obvious passion, fire and grit on the field. We saw the spark they brought. I still like the “potential” on our offensive roster, but who’s gonna lead with the electricity that can be so infectious.

ADVERTISEMENT