ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe I missed the AM appreciation thread....

....I don't remember EVER a more polarizing player at Nebraska but I loved the way he handled himself...good luck , Adrian....
I’ve been hyper critical of Adrian, but have always tempered it with recognizing his effort, dedication, heart, leadership, etc.

He also can’t be blamed if the coaches don’t put him in position for success (including overall development) or find someone better to replace him.
The woes of the OL have also contributed to Adrian’s issues.

He’s earned my respect as a Husker no matter how frustrating these years have been.

Kid played his ass off for Husker Nation. Never complained. Never made excuses.

I wish him nothing but the best in the future, but am also very certain he'll have a very enjoyable and successful life after Nebraska and after football.

Thanks for your toughness, your leadership, and above all your class over the last 4 years Adrian.

He kept us close
giphy.gif

Reactions: huntered and WHCSC
....I don't remember EVER a more polarizing player at Nebraska but I loved the way he handled himself...good luck , Adrian....
Adrian's play was often frustrating. Whether it was his fault, the coaches' fault or the team's fault doesn't matter now. He always represented the university and himself well. I wish him good luck and hope he plays well wherever he lands.

Reactions: Bold Words
Would have been nice for him if he didn't have to carry the whole offense by himself.

Reactions: Bjoe_
Tommy Armstrong was just as polarizing. Possibly more
Hmm I don’t think so. Most people’s opinion on him is that he was serviceable but also liked to chuck up some prayers that killed us. Never heard anyone say he was awesome or terrible.

Opinions on AM vary from being the best QB in the B1G to being a bad QB who’s an inaccurate passer and lacks the clutch gene.

The debate on him is really an encapsulation of the general sports debate: does winning define a player or are there too many uncontrollable factors to allow it to do so? It fuels the debates between MJ and LeBron, Brady and Manning, Montana and Marino, etc.

Jammal Lord was a lightning rod for a lot of criticism. I’m glad that the crowd gave him a huge standing ovation during one Spring Game when he returned!

AM certainly got his share of criticism (myself included) but he is and will always be a Husker. He always had the maturity and poise to show up postgame during the tough losses. He will probably land somewhere with a way better O-line to play behind and tear it up. I wish AM the best!

Reactions: Bold Words
Smothers was beat to shit after one game of 24 carries. Was a good thing it was the last game of the season. You can’t expose QBs to that kind of continuous contact in the B1G and SEC. I look forward to seeing him excel in a system that doesn’t put so much on his shoulders. KSU might be a good fit with Klieman and his girlfriend there as well. Vaya con Dios Adrian.

In reality, I think most big time schools have a lot of polarizing players, but yah Nebraska QB's have been lightning rods in the last 25 years.

I think my vote goes to T-Magic (just all around polarizing) followed by Jammal (wasn't quite good enough at a time when we still expected perfection) and maybe AMart third.

Would have been nice for him if he didn't have to carry the whole offense by himself.

Yah part of the AM reassessment that will be done in the coming years is the realization that for all his faults, he was like virtually all of our production. Sure people are upset about 3 wins, but imagine the outrage if we didn't have all that production. We'd have been beat like a straight up drum.

Thank you for playing at Nebraska and good luck in the future, Adrian.

It wasn't Adrian's fault he was kept in games when he was struggling.

Reactions: Anegada1
don't care, outta sight outta mind.
Of course. I'm guessing as we speak you are folding up your three #2 Nebraska jerseys you've been wearing religiously and tucking your autograph away of Adrian and picture you had taken with him. Usually how it works with jilted fans.

Reactions: Anegada1
ADVERTISEMENT