ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe a vote this weekend

Game on play ball!

look for 10/10 or 10/17. Rumors out there maybe 1-2 OOC games 10/3 and 10/10 then conference starts 10/17.

Would love that to be the case, but fear it’s later. I do also not want to play a team that’s played a few games and then only have 2 weeks of preparation. Could look like Iowa State

Hope not. If HCSF and the boys have made this much noise they better be prepared (as well as all coaches) to really show up this year.

10/17 looks to be the date according to every report out there. We have to have our CCG on or before 12/19 to qualify for bowl games and playoffs.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
Hope not. If HCSF and the boys have made this much noise they better be prepared (as well as all coaches) to really show up this year.

10/17 looks to be the date according to every report out there. We have to have our CCG on or before 12/19 to qualify for bowl games and playoffs.

Seems to me we have to start by 10/17 or it really is just glorified scrimmages. Nebraska needs the games to improve regardless, but teams like OSU Penn State and a couple of others are playing for so much more. If they have a November start that rules the BIG 10 teams as irrelevant on the national landscape.
They are voting today, part of me thinks they
have to feel like they have the votes or they wouldn't be voting today. The other thought is; this is their last chance to vote and start a season on time????

Reactions: Crazyhole
Seems to me we have to start by 10/17 or it really is just glorified scrimmages. Nebraska needs the games to improve regardless, but teams like OSU Penn State and a couple of others are playing for so much more. If they have a November start that rules the BIG 10 teams as irrelevant on the national landscape.
have to feel like they have the votes or they wouldn't be voting today. The other thought is; this is their last chance to vote and start a season on time????
Realistically we can't start later than October 10th.

They play All Star games all the time with a week of practice. You would think elite athletes on the same team could get ready in three weeks or less.

That start is either 10/10 or 10/17 that’s a for sure done deal.

Reactions: jflores
Not 100% true. We start 10/17 play 8 games and then the CCG. The CCG has to be completed by or on 12/19 for the CFB Playoffs and NC.
That's with no off-weeks during the season though. Doesn't seem like it would be fair to the players to not get a break somewhere along the line.

i never said go independent. The BIG 10 could still be involved with each BIG 10 team that chooses to play.

Lets say the Huskers, OSU, Iowa, PSU, Indiana, Purdue and Wisconsin all decide to play. Each team could play each other and then maybe add a non conference game or two on top of that (Or not). That would allow money for the conference and each team that plays. There are ways to do it, they just have to try. Instead they are making it harder then it needs to be.

Simply put, let each team make their own decisions. Once you have the numbers, who’s playing and who’s not, then roll from there.

My question would be how are they going to get a non conference game or two when most schedules have been made..

Only way would be if the PAC 12 starts the same time and we don’t see that happening at the moment..

That's with no off-weeks during the season though. Doesn't seem like it would be fair to the players to not get a break somewhere along the line.

Need to take into consideration if a team or two test positive for COVID and can’t play that week there is bye week..

Need to take into consideration if a team or two test positive for COVID and can’t play that week there is bye week..
Will that be a forfeit then? NO WAY games could be rescheduled. No room for error now. Unlike the original plan

Where is this talk about non conference games coming from?

Or are they anticipating some teams won’t participate..

First and foremost we need to get a 60% vote for any chance of any teams playing this fall..

Reactions: huskerfan66
Where is this talk about non conference games coming from?

Or are they anticipating some teams won’t participate..

First and foremost we need to get a 60% vote for any chance of any teams playing this fall..

What I’ve seen, heard, and read from the paid board is the following:

- There wouldn’t be a vote to continue postponement (the vote is occurring to overturn the “original decision” even thought a vote never happened). They have all the votes they need to for sure play.

- The OOC games is coming from comments made by coaches that players will be ready in 2-3 weeks. If the conference starts on 10/17, that doesn’t mean NU couldn’t play sooner with OOC opponents (seen several posters mention this)

- The 10/17 starry date being “too late” and if that is what the BIG wants; teams might be able to play on 10/3, 10/10 etc with other opponents.

Reactions: scarletred
What I’ve seen, heard, and read from the paid board is the following:

- There wouldn’t be a vote to continue postponement (the vote is occurring to overturn the “original decision” even thought a vote never happened). They have all the votes they need to for sure play.

- The OOC games is coming from comments made by coaches that players will be ready in 2-3 weeks. If the conference starts on 10/17, that doesn’t mean NU couldn’t play sooner with OOC opponents (seen several posters mention this)

- The 10/17 starry date being “too late” and if that is what the BIG wants; teams might be able to play on 10/3, 10/10 etc with other opponents.

Thanks... Never thought about it but FCS schools would be willing to play like ND State and some others..

Reactions: brnred1989
They play All Star games all the time with a week of practice. You would think elite athletes on the same team could get ready in three weeks or less.
Since it’s most likely all in conference, both teams should be fairly rusty, so it wouldn’t hurt as much to start earlier, I suppose. If they’d want one ooc game, I’d play that later.

Reactions: timnsun
My question would be how are they going to get a non conference game or two when most schedules have been made..

Only way would be if the PAC 12 starts the same time and we don’t see that happening at the moment..

right, I wasn’t even thinking of that at the time. Unless some teams want to add some later on. But that would be the only way.

But it doesn’t matter, it sounds like when we play again we will be playing ONLY BIG 10 teams anyways. Which is fine with me, I just want our Huskers playing football😎

ADVERTISEMENT