ADVERTISEMENT

Max Duggan game yesterday

BigRedPimp

All-American
Sep 5, 2006
19-27 273 yds 2 TD and 1 INT
13 carries 72 yds and 1 TD

Played against 15th ranked Longhorns

He had an unbelievable TD run against KSU last week, I will try to find it. Kid is a stud.

Max Duggan > Adrian Martinez

Max can throw with accuracy and run the ball. I know Frost tried to recruit him but he didn’t try hard enough to get him here. A local guy from Council Bluffs Lewis Central High School got away from NU. Also he was a 4 star recruit just like Adrian Martinez and number one recruit in state of Iowa.

Last edited:
Reactions: F5Tornado
Max Duggan > Adrian Martinez

Max can throw with accuracy and run the ball. I know Frost tried to recruit him but he didn’t try hard enough to get him here. A local guy from Council Bluffs Lewis Central High School got away from NU.
Husker fans have the shortest memory. Martinez had a better first season in terms of stats than Max Duggan is having this year.

Would have loved to have him BUT it's laughable hyperbole to say he is/was a better recruit than Adrian. Ha, ha!

I'm satisfied with our QB recruiting. While Adrian is down and out, Vedral looked decent (to my surprise) and so did Luke when he got a chance. I'm more worried about keeping them all on the roster (including Smothers commitment) than anything else regarding QBs.

And although Adrian's sophomore season has been a major disappointment, the team's problems this year are far greater than QB talent.

Would have loved to have him BUT it's laughable hyperbole to say he is/was a better recruit than Adrian. Ha, ha!

I'm satisfied with our QB recruiting. While Adrian is down and out, Vedral looked decent (to my surprise) and so did Luke when he got a chance. I'm more worried about keeping them all on the roster (including Smothers commitment) than anything else regarding QBs.

And although Adrian's sophomore season has been a major disappointment, the team's problems this year are far greater than QB talent.

Look at the throwing mechanics of Max compared to Adrian. Max can throw short, intermediate, and deep passes with accuracy. Adrian missed so many open passes. Max will probably be a better NFL prospect compared to Adrian in a few years. I’m hoping Adrian can prove me wrong and be good the few years he have left with NU.

Who cares. QB is NOT the issue at Nebraska under Frost. Heck, we just had a 3rd string QB come off the bench and executed the offense as good as anyone else has under Frost while at Nebraska.

If you want to pick at issues with the O, it's not having deep threats and unathletic OL that can't pull that limits what Frost can call on offense. Jurgens is the only one able to pull around and get to his blocks like Frost wants them to do. That will change once Frost has his OL recruits developed though.

Look at the throwing mechanics of Max compared to Adrian. Max can throw short, intermediate, and deep passes with accuracy. Adrian missed so many open passes. Max will probably be a better NFL prospect compared to Adrian in a few years. I’m hoping Adrian can prove me wrong and be good the few years he have left with NU.

Adrian completed all those passes last year too. Adrian also did it against Big Ten defenses.

Reactions: Thrasher31
Duggan solid QB and would have been better than anything Riley was bringing in. He would have been ok here for Frost, but he made a good decision for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT