ADVERTISEMENT

Max Duggan - Council Bluffs

He isn't a fit for the Frost offense. They evaluated him but picked other guys.

Should have a good college career at TCU.

Reactions: CatColumbia
lol....he just threw a pick to cost his team at a chance of winning the game. He is free to play at TCU.

For what it’s worth, I think he liked Nebraska quite a bit, he just liked TCU better. Not exactly a “thanks but no thanks” like you suggest...

This is not a knock on NU at all, but in this specific situation, we had virtually no shot Max Duggan. That had more to do with what Max wanted to do, than a failure on Frost’s part in recruiting.

We’d have been happy to have Max in Lincoln. I don’t think any of our coaches would tell you differently. And yes he would have fit the system just fine. But I don’t think his plans fit our plans. And in the end, I think it was for the best for both parties in the long run. I do believe we’d have a few more wins this year had we landed him however, but that little success wasn’t worth what I think Luke will do.

As stated I think we are actually in good shape at QB. I think Luke will be the better of the two when it’s all over. I totally expect Luke to be the starting QB in 2021. I see 3 outcomes for AM next year and 2 have him not in Lincoln in 2021.

Give Luke 2020 to keep learning the position. But I think the coaches play him a lot in 2020. A series here and there and I see him playing WR some too. I totally see that Frost wants us to return to some option football and Luke is the kid he has started to install that with. Be patient. Next year will be better but still not great. Think we won’t hit next level until Luke is our QB

This is not a knock on NU at all, but in this specific situation, we had virtually no shot Max Duggan. That had more to do with what Max wanted to do, than a failure on Frost’s part in recruiting.
Curious...what did Max want to do that he couldn't do at NU?

We’d have been happy to have Max in Lincoln. I don’t think any of our coaches would tell you differently. And yes he would have fit the system just fine. But I don’t think his plans fit our plans. And in the end, I think it was for the best for both parties in the long run. I do believe we’d have a few more wins this year had we landed him however, but that little success wasn’t worth what I think Luke will do.

As stated I think we are actually in good shape at QB. I think Luke will be the better of the two when it’s all over. I totally expect Luke to be the starting QB in 2021. I see 3 outcomes for AM next year and 2 have him not in Lincoln in 2021.

Give Luke 2020 to keep learning the position. But I think the coaches play him a lot in 2020. A series here and there and I see him playing WR some too. I totally see that Frost wants us to return to some option football and Luke is the kid he has started to install that with. Be patient. Next year will be better but still not great. Think we won’t hit next level until Luke is our QB

max is slow footed. not a fit.

Max would have been a great fit and player at Nebraska. Another recruit we missed on.

they made their decision.
we made ours.
at the time, not a whole lot of regret from any of the parties involved.
maybe if we hadnt struggled so much to start with Scott there’d be less remorse/sour grapes.
looking back its hard to say anything would be different.
im hopeful for adrian to get squared away, look forward to luke and logan continuing/bringing competition.

Max would have been a great fit and player at Nebraska. Another recruit we missed on.
How are you not banned yet? Can you provide one post, just one, where you say something supportive? Serious question, cuz I haven’t seen anything other than bitching in every damn post you have posted. There is no possible way you are anything but a supporter of another team masquerading as a husker fan.

How are you not banned yet? Can you provide one post, just one, where you say something supportive? Serious question, cuz I haven’t seen anything other than bitching in every damn post you have posted. There is no possible way you are anything but a supporter of another team masquerading as a husker fan.
Or just a miserable loser with nothing else in life but constant bitching. Either way. Sad case

Reactions: wkato and timnsun
I really liked this kid's game. I don't really follow the recruiting stuff, but there is no way this kid would not have fit in to Frost's system. This is the first game I have really watched him play, but he and McCaffery look pretty much like the same player, so 6 to one half a dozen to the other.

I will say that I think Patterson is a great coach. He was able to confuse Hurts as much as anyone this year. They should be a really good team in the next couple years. Probably challenging for a conference title.

Luke is gonna have to beat out Smothers, which I don't think he will be able to do imho.

bump for @onechase, still waiting for one positive husker post from you. Can I assume there are none, which would explain your lack of response?

Reactions: egaRdeR
You can say that about any good player at another school. But we were only taking one QB in that class and Luke is pretty dam good.
I know the current coach at LC and Max, even though he loved having Frost coming in to see him at the end of his recruitment was never interested in Nebraska or Iowa. He was TCU all the way!!

Reactions: ssmill777
He doesn't have the speed nor lateral quickness that AM and McCaffrey have.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong when you start to talk about stats? Duggan has the fastest 40 time, 20 yd shuttle and the highest vertical of the three.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/220335/max-duggan

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/225600/luke-mccaffrey

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/218550/adrian-martinez

lol. Faster than McCaffrey........that was a good laugh. Adrian has far superior lateral movement and instincts. Yet again thanks for the major laughter.

Now my stomach hurts from so much laughter.

McCaffrey is so dang slow the word out of practices and running contents is that he is one of the slowest players on the team...oh wait, never mind, he is said to be one of the very fastest players on the team. Slower than Duggan...lol...lol...lol.

One run during a camp is the dumbest way to judge speed of a person.

McCaffrey is so dang slow the word out of practices and running contents is that he is one of the slowest players on the team...oh wait, never mind, he is said to be one of the very fastest players on the team. Slower than Duggan...lol...lol...lol.

One run during a camp is the dumbest way to judge speed of a person.

Speed is the rate at which an object's position changes, measured in meters per second. The equation for speed is simple: distance divided by time. You take the distance traveled (for example 3 meters), and divide it by the time (three seconds) to get the speed (one meter per second).

Of the three players discussed above who covered the 40 yards and also the 20 yards shuttle in the least amount of time?

ADVERTISEMENT