ADVERTISEMENT

***Mavsker's Coaching HOT BOARD***

Actually most of the people I talk to in real life (granted not on message boards) were in favor of giving Frost more time. One of the local stations took a poll and it was 60% believed Frost shouldn't have been fired when he was. I'm actually in the majority.
If the argument is that the majority of people are clueless, I agree.

ok so as most of you all know i was a fan of scott frost. I am still a fan of scott frost. none the less in the interests of moving on im putting that all behind me for now and moving on with that said here are my top candidates for the job

1 MICKEY JOSEPH
mickey is a great recruiter, former nebraska qb, knows how to win. he will be able to get the recruits here and keep them here. im of the opinion that if we dont take him, he'll be coaching at penn state or michigan soon and beating us on the regular. so locking him up now not only will help us win but it will keep him away from our conference opponents. he would definitely accept the job, like the idea of a long contract to keep him around

2 LANCE LEIPOLD
was an assistant coach at both nebraska omaha and nebraska lincoln. midwest guy strong nebraska and midwest ties. his career coaching record is 150 and 49. he instantly turned kansas around and is my number 2 candidate. i think he may want to keep building at kansas though, might accept the job but not 100 percent sure

3 CHRIS KLINEMAN
midwest guy coached at north dakota state and kansas state and has the wild cats rolling right now. he is quoted as saying that he likes it at kansas state so not sure he would accept

4 LUKE FICKELL
I like luke fickell but I dont think he is realistic at this point and time

5 a name no one is mentioning...TREV ALBERTS
yes I know this one is a bit off the wall. im also not sure how it would work and whether trev can name himself coach or not. but getting to the positives, he knows nebraska, former player, midwest guy, GREAT face for the program, has a history with media (espn). he doesnt have much coaching history but has played for some of the best and knows exactly what this program needs. could he be looking for a career change into coaching? I think its at least worth thinking about as a possibility. if he were to somehow get the job, i think we reach out to jamie pollard at iowa state for the ad position since it would now become vacant

Capital letters and punctuation please. Winking

Actually most of the people I talk to in real life (granted not on message boards) were in favor of giving Frost more time. One of the local stations took a poll and it was 60% believed Frost shouldn't have been fired when he was. I'm actually in the majority.
On my (bmboldt) youtube page (I have over 4000 subscribers), I did a poll about whether Frost should have been fired. 6% said he should not have been fired this week. The other 94% believe he should have been fired this week or prior. You are in the minority big time.

ok so as most of you all know i was a fan of scott frost. I am still a fan of scott frost. none the less in the interests of moving on im putting that all behind me for now and moving on with that said here are my top candidates for the job

1 MICKEY JOSEPH
mickey is a great recruiter, former nebraska qb, knows how to win. he will be able to get the recruits here and keep them here. im of the opinion that if we dont take him, he'll be coaching at penn state or michigan soon and beating us on the regular. so locking him up now not only will help us win but it will keep him away from our conference opponents. he would definitely accept the job, like the idea of a long contract to keep him around

2 LANCE LEIPOLD
was an assistant coach at both nebraska omaha and nebraska lincoln. midwest guy strong nebraska and midwest ties. his career coaching record is 150 and 49. he instantly turned kansas around and is my number 2 candidate. i think he may want to keep building at kansas though, might accept the job but not 100 percent sure

3 CHRIS KLINEMAN
midwest guy coached at north dakota state and kansas state and has the wild cats rolling right now. he is quoted as saying that he likes it at kansas state so not sure he would accept

4 LUKE FICKELL

yes I know this one is a bit off the wall. im also not sure how it would work and whether trev can name himself coach or not. but getting to the positives, he knows nebraska, former player, midwest guy, GREAT face for the program, has a history with media (espn). he doesnt have much coaching history but has played for some of the best and knows exactly what this program needs. could he be looking for a career change into coaching? I think its at least worth thinking about as a possibility. if he were to somehow get the job, i think we reach out to jamie pollard at iowa state for the ad position since it would now become vacant
1 SCOTT FROST
scott is a great recruiter, former nebraska qb, knows how to win. he will be able to get the recruits here and keep them here. im of the opinion that if we dont take him, he'll be coaching at penn state or michigan or purdue soon and beating us on the regular. so locking him up not only helps us win but keep him away from our conference opponents. he definitely accepts the job, like the idea of a long long contract to keep him around

Reactions: mavsker
1 SCOTT FROST
scott is a great recruiter, former nebraska qb, knows how to win. he will be able to get the recruits here and keep them here. im of the opinion that if we dont take him, he'll be coaching at penn state or michigan or purdue soon and beating us on the regular. so locking him up not only helps us win but keep him away from our conference opponents. he definitely accepts the job, like the idea of a long long contract to keep him around
Ok, mister 20 IQ.

• Love
Reactions: Venereal Trigger
funny.

look I know we don’t have scott anymore and it seems like we can’t have nice things for Nu football. at least anymore but with that said we can still have a former husker qb leading the boys the interim tag is coming right off once we get into a bowl at the end of the year! Then it will be permanent we can sign coach Joseph to a nice long contract lock him in like it is old times when we hired coach frost. wait and watch the magic happen it is going to be like in a fairy story

funny.

look I know we don’t have scott anymore and it seems like we can’t have nice things for Nu football. at least anymore but with that said we can still have a former husker qb leading the boys the interim tag is coming right off once we get into a bowl at the end of the year! Then it will be permanent we can sign coach Joseph to a nice long contract lock him in like it is old times when we hired coach frost. wait and watch the magic happen it is going to be like in a fairy story
Fairy story?

I'd like Mickey to succeed like most of us NU fans, but we also want him to earn the Head Coaching job by proving he is the right guy to move this thing forward.

Reactions: Frozone
Fairy story?

I'd like Mickey to succeed like most of us NU fans, but we also want him to earn the Head Coaching job by proving he is the right guy to move this thing forward.
In the scenario I laid out he does earn! If NU gets to a bowl game it is then without question on the right track. it will be like from a book!

sheesh!

I would be sure people like Mavsker are just really good trolls except I've heard geniuses like him talk in person.
Moron from Fremont behind my wife and I at my daughter's volleyball game. Frost was good and needed more time etc etc.
THEY ARE AMONG US!

• Wow
Reactions: Frozone
I'm going to give you the text message I got from my father after the second game (a win).

He would be one of those Frost supporter types.

"Frost not a good coach, too bad"

That was it, and when I got that message, it told me the Frost supporters had started turning.

I would be sure people like Mavsker are just really good trolls except I've heard geniuses like him talk in person.
Moron from Fremont behind my wife and I at my daughter's volleyball game. Frost was good and needed more time etc etc.
THEY ARE AMONG US!
What can you expect from Fremont though.

seriously

I'm going to give you the text message I got from my father after the second game (a win).

He would be one of those Frost supporter types.

"Frost not a good coach, too bad"

That was it, and when I got that message, it told me the Frost supporters had started turning.
That's how my pops is as well. After NW he was like WTF was that. Those guys were not good.

1 MICKEY JOSEPH

2 LANCE LEIPOLD

3 CHRIS KLINEMAN

4 LUKE FICKELL

🤦‍♂️

1 MICKEY JOSEPH

2 LANCE LEIPOLD

3 CHRIS KLINEMAN

4 LUKE FICKELL

I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of Frost but I do hope he gets his s### together and has success going forward. Clearly he didn’t handle his job well at NU.

as far as the hire options go, I want the guy that Trev hires. He is WAY more informed and qualified to make that decision than any of us on this board.

as far as the hire options go, I want the guy that Trev hires. He is WAY more informed and qualified to make that decision than any of us on this board.
I’ve lost my faith in NU making informed decisions about football since TO retired. They haven’t gotten anything right so far including extending Frost, keeping him 5 years and firing him 3 games in.

Sure doesn’t look like a professionally run org for the last 25 years.

Most wanted for me

1. Urban Meyer (pipe dream)
2. Luke Fickell, Cincinnati HC
3. Dave Aranda, Baylor HC
4. Mark Stoops, Kentucky HC
5. Lance Leipold, Kansas HC
6. Matt Campbell, ISU HC
7. Gary Patterson, Texas analyst
8. Bill O’Brien, Alabama OC
9. Chris Klineman, Kansas State HC
10. Dan Mullen, not currently coaching
11. Matt Rhule, NFL, Panthers HC
12. Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina HC
13. Troy Calhoun, Air Force HC
14. Kyle Wittingham, Utah HC
15. Mickey Joseph, Nebraska Interim HC*
(if he can get us to .500 or better)
Gary Patterson above Chris Klieman is hilarious.

trophysppzv.gif

• Wow

1 MICKEY JOSEPH

2 LANCE LEIPOLD

3 CHRIS KLINEMAN

4 LUKE FICKELL

1-4 Don't 100 % agree but wouldn't argue but # 5. Are you seriously suggesting we consider hiring a coach with no experience to run a division one program ??? Whatever you are smoking, I want some.

Reactions: BleedRed78
1-4 Don't 100 % agree but wouldn't argue but # 5. Are you seriously suggesting we consider hiring a coach with no experience to run a division one program ??? Whatever you are smoking, I want some.
I mainly added that because it was an interesting thought experement. I said it was off the wall, but an interesting thing to consider. Someone who hadn't been considered yet...someone nobody is talking about...someone so far under the radar he's not being mentioned by ANYONE except me...but someone who I think would make a GREAT coach

I mainly added that because it was an interesting thought experement. I said it was off the wall, but an interesting thing to consider. Someone who hadn't been considered yet...someone nobody is talking about...someone so far under the radar he's not being mentioned by ANYONE except me...but someone who I think would make a GREAT coach
Fair enough I suppose but that's one massive leap of faith imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT