ADVERTISEMENT

***Mavsker's Coaching HOT BOARD***

mavsker

Sophomore
Jun 12, 2020
gbr tbh imo nfm
ok so as most of you all know i was a fan of scott frost. I am still a fan of scott frost. none the less in the interests of moving on im putting that all behind me for now and moving on with that said here are my top candidates for the job

1 MICKEY JOSEPH
mickey is a great recruiter, former nebraska qb, knows how to win. he will be able to get the recruits here and keep them here. im of the opinion that if we dont take him, he'll be coaching at penn state or michigan soon and beating us on the regular. so locking him up now not only will help us win but it will keep him away from our conference opponents. he would definitely accept the job, like the idea of a long contract to keep him around

2 LANCE LEIPOLD
was an assistant coach at both nebraska omaha and nebraska lincoln. midwest guy strong nebraska and midwest ties. his career coaching record is 150 and 49. he instantly turned kansas around and is my number 2 candidate. i think he may want to keep building at kansas though, might accept the job but not 100 percent sure

3 CHRIS KLINEMAN
midwest guy coached at north dakota state and kansas state and has the wild cats rolling right now. he is quoted as saying that he likes it at kansas state so not sure he would accept

4 LUKE FICKELL
I like luke fickell but I dont think he is realistic at this point and time

5 a name no one is mentioning...TREV ALBERTS
yes I know this one is a bit off the wall. im also not sure how it would work and whether trev can name himself coach or not. but getting to the positives, he knows nebraska, former player, midwest guy, GREAT face for the program, has a history with media (espn). he doesnt have much coaching history but has played for some of the best and knows exactly what this program needs. could he be looking for a career change into coaching? I think its at least worth thinking about as a possibility. if he were to somehow get the job, i think we reach out to jamie pollard at iowa state for the ad position since it would now become vacant

giphy.gif

Most wanted for me

1. Urban Meyer (pipe dream)
2. Luke Fickell, Cincinnati HC
3. Dave Aranda, Baylor HC
4. Mark Stoops, Kentucky HC
5. Lance Leipold, Kansas HC
6. Matt Campbell, ISU HC
7. Gary Patterson, Texas analyst
8. Bill O’Brien, Alabama OC
9. Chris Klineman, Kansas State HC
10. Dan Mullen, not currently coaching
11. Matt Rhule, NFL, Panthers HC
12. Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina HC
13. Troy Calhoun, Air Force HC
14. Kyle Wittingham, Utah HC
15. Mickey Joseph, Nebraska Interim HC*
(if he can get us to .500 or better)

Yea idk if anyone’s listening to you anymore.
I'd leave the past behind - IF he apologized for sticking to his guns so much to the point of blatantly annoying the rest of us here who were well beyond Frost long ago.

That paragraph at the beginning was hardly saying "sorry". A real, simple sorry would suffice for me. Balls in his court! We'll see...

i knew I would catch some heat for my trev alberts idea but does anyone actually think he wouldnt be a great coach for NU?
No coaching experience for one thing, why not just hire some random poster on here if we want to go that route?

If we don't get Urban (almost no chance)
I would say Aranda- Baylor.
If neither of those I really think Mickey would be a great hire

I'd leave the past behind - IF he apologized for sticking to his guns so much to the point of blatantly annoying the rest of us here who were well beyond Frost long ago.

That paragraph at the beginning was hardly saying "sorry". A real, simple sorry would suffice for me. Balls in his court! We'll see...
i will never apologize for supporting Coach Frost and yes I still think he deserved more time. But like i said lets just move on at this point hopefully moving on to Mickey

• Haha
Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
My choices in no particular order. I think all of these guys would be good coaches.

Mark Stoops. But I doubt he leaves Kentucky for NU

Luke Fickell but with a big asterisk since I think he would bolt for Notre Dame if offered

Mickey Joseph if he shows us some real positives this year.

Bill O'Brien. Don't laugh. The dude can coach and more importantly he can recruit. He was also moderately successful in the NFL and is currently the offensive coordinator at Alabama .

Jamey Chadwell. Great coach hitting on all cylinders right now.

The common denominator with all of these guys is that, with the exception of Mickey Joseph, they are all proven, successful head coaches and they can recruit well. Recruiting is the name of the game and we need someone with some serious recruiting chops to get guys to come to Lincoln.

i will never apologize for supporting Coach Frost and yes I still think he deserved more time. But like i said lets just move on at this point hopefully moving on to Mickey
Scott Frost should apologize for making the title of Head coach a joke. He would have worked harder flipping burgers at MCD than he did at NU.

Reactions: Dallasblackshirts
My choices in no particular order. I think all of these guys would be good coaches.

Luke Fickell but with a big asterisk since I think he would bolt for Notre Dame if offered

Bill O'Brien. Don't laugh. The dude can coach and more importantly he can recruit. He was also moderately successful in the NFL and is currently the offensive coordinator at Alabama .

The common denominator with all of these guys is that, with the exception of Mickey Joseph, they are all proven, successful head coaches and they can recruit well. Recruiting is the name of the game and we need someone with some serious recruiting chops to get guys to come to Lincoln.
So what do you think the parameters be for Mickey to be seriously considered? I do think we will see an extra giddy up in the team. But we just aren't very talented. Especially in the trenches and at linebacker. I just hate the fact MJ has a limited season with the deficiencies of this team to audition for HC

Curious, what do you make of the Coastal Carolina vs Georgia Southern game in a couple weeks? If Chadwell loses some games this year, is he still on everyones list? Sunbelt is looking better than B1G west at this point in time

Reactions: king_kong_
So what do you think the parameters be for Mickey to be seriously considered? I do think we will see an extra giddy up in the team. But we just aren't very talented. Especially in the trenches and at linebacker. I just hate the fact MJ has a limited season with the deficiencies of this team to audition for HC
I can't get into Trev's mind so I really don't know what metrics for success are the bare minimum in his mind for considering Joseph. For myself, all I want to see is a team that plays with passion and confidence. I want to see a team that when it gets behind can fight back. I want to see a team that can win a few of those close games. I also think he needs to win a fair number of games. If he goes 0-9 or 1-8 he will have a tough hill to climb. But if his only losses are to OU, MU and Wisconsin that gets us to 7-5. Minnesota has not played anyone yet so I do not know how good they are. So if we lose to them we go 6-6 and make a bowl. I think we can definitely beat Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue (in a shoot out) and Iowa. I really think if he goes 6-6 and gets us to a bowl that he will be a serious candidate.

Curious, what do you make of the Coastal Carolina vs Georgia Southern game in a couple weeks? If Chadwell loses some games this year, is he still on everyones list? Sunbelt is looking better than B1G west at this point in time
I think Coastal Carolina will handle Georgia Southern and win that game by two touchdowns or more.

ok so as most of you all know i was a fan of scott frost. I am still a fan of scott frost. none the less in the interests of moving on im putting that all behind me for now and moving on with that said here are my top candidates for the job

1 MICKEY JOSEPH
mickey is a great recruiter, former nebraska qb, knows how to win. he will be able to get the recruits here and keep them here. im of the opinion that if we dont take him, he'll be coaching at penn state or michigan soon and beating us on the regular. so locking him up now not only will help us win but it will keep him away from our conference opponents. he would definitely accept the job, like the idea of a long contract to keep him around

2 LANCE LEIPOLD
was an assistant coach at both nebraska omaha and nebraska lincoln. midwest guy strong nebraska and midwest ties. his career coaching record is 150 and 49. he instantly turned kansas around and is my number 2 candidate. i think he may want to keep building at kansas though, might accept the job but not 100 percent sure

3 CHRIS KLINEMAN
midwest guy coached at north dakota state and kansas state and has the wild cats rolling right now. he is quoted as saying that he likes it at kansas state so not sure he would accept

4 LUKE FICKELL
I like luke fickell but I dont think he is realistic at this point and time

5 a name no one is mentioning...TREV ALBERTS
yes I know this one is a bit off the wall. im also not sure how it would work and whether trev can name himself coach or not. but getting to the positives, he knows nebraska, former player, midwest guy, GREAT face for the program, has a history with media (espn). he doesnt have much coaching history but has played for some of the best and knows exactly what this program needs. could he be looking for a career change into coaching? I think its at least worth thinking about as a possibility. if he were to somehow get the job, i think we reach out to jamie pollard at iowa state for the ad position since it would now become vacant
Other than Mickey, NO.

By the way, there are these things called Capital Letters. Grade D+.

Do better, and what about those paragraphs we talked about?

You realize your credibility level on a scale of 1-10 is about a 2?

You were ALL IN for Frost having another 5 years dude. Total fail.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Other than Mickey, NO.

By the way, there are these things called Capital Letters. Grade D+.

Do better, and what about those paragraphs we talked about?

You realize your credibility level on a scale of 1-10 is about a 2?

You were ALL IN for Frost having another 5 years dude. Total fail.
i will take a D+ or 2 out of 10 lol, i know im not the best poster here just wanted to share my thoughts. GBR

Everyone who has issues finishing tasks should really pay attention to Mavsker. This level of troll dedication is hard to find.

i will take a D+ or 2 out of 10 lol, i know im not the best poster here just wanted to share my thoughts. GBR
It's not about trying to be the best poster on here, it's about each of us expressing our own opinions.

We all have posts some agree and others disagree with.

Thinking Frost deserved 5 more years and then adding to the mix Trev as a potential coach is no one's opinion, other than yours.

If you hitch your wagon to that, you're gonna get ran over.

It's not about trying to be the best poster on here, it's about each of us expressing our own opinions.

Thinking Frost deserved 5 more years and then adding to the mix Trev as a potential coach is no one's opinion, other than yours.

Dude - you penned 2 novels, one regarding the offense and one the defense about how we were going to be much improved

both rivaled War and Peace in length

Actually most of the people I talk to in real life (granted not on message boards) were in favor of giving Frost more time. One of the local stations took a poll and it was 60% believed Frost shouldn't have been fired when he was. I'm actually in the majority.

Last edited:
  • Haha
actually most of the people i talk to in real life (granted not on message boards) were in favor of giving frost more time. one of the local stations took a poll and it was 60% believed frost shouldn't have been fired when he was. im actually in the majority
Bullshit.

And where are your damn Capital Letters? Last notice before you go in the Ignore Hopper.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT