ADVERTISEMENT

Maurice Washington

Then show us videos..

Oh no, we aint going back to the way it was...

The Nebraska Way

RG0BS1U.gif

SoFL, I would sit the rest of this one out til morning... you may have different thoughts with a clearer head...

No it’s not, I just tried to share it but can’t figure out how to do it. It wasn’t even a week old. He was unhappy the media kept claiming he was 170 and was squashing it by proving his real weight.

Where did you see this? I remember him posting his weight on a scale back in the winter to prove the media wrong but don’t see anything recent.

No it’s not, I just tried to share it but can’t figure out how to do it. It wasn’t even a week old. He was unhappy the media kept claiming he was 170 and was squashing it by proving his real weight.

This is the tweet. It is from January 3, almost 8 months ago. He is 170 now, that is his own words to the OWH. There have been others who have dug this tweet up recently trying to prove he is 190, but again, it is from January.

Who was the last good RB that redshirted his freshman year at Nebraska? Helu, Burkhead, Ameer, Bryant all played. Guys like Ahman, Alexander, etc played on loaded teams. I think you might have to go all he way back to Calvin Jones to find a great RB that redshirted at Nebraska.

Plus I hardly think we are loaded at RB. This staff wants to use a lot of guys and spread the carries around and guys like Wilson and Oz are far from proven and Bryant has knee issues.
I went back through Calvin Jones and here's what I found for IBs who ended up starting that redshirted (not counting Jeff Makovicka being listed an IB his first few years on campus)...

EDIT: Calvin Jones redshirted in 1990.
Clinton Childs didn't technically redshirt in 1992, but sat out (Prop 48?).
Damon Benning redshirted in 1992.
Dan Alexander redshirted in 1996.
DeAngelo Evans had a medical hardship in 1997 due to a pelvic injury in 1996, but he was good to go as a true freshman.
Dahrran Diedrick redshirted in 1998.
Josh Davis redshirted in 1999.
Cory "Pork Chop" Ross redshirted in 2001.
Tierre Green (moved to DB eventually, but he's been mentioned in this thread) redshirted in 2003.
Mikale Wilbon redshirted in 2014.

I'll acknowledge "starting" isn't the same as "great", but when I saw Alexander listed in @headcard's post, I got curious.

Btw the 2005 team had just 4 players listed as IB on the roster: Cody Glenn, Brandon Jackson, Marlon Lucky, Cory Ross.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT