ADVERTISEMENT

Maurice Washington--hope this tweet means good news

Well if there is good news on this front, then you should watch Held's twitter. There's no way anything good could have happened yet until Held goes crazy celebrating on twitter.

Last edited:
He took the test on July 14th. It's very possible he has his scores back. My kids have had them back within 2 weeks.
So it was confirmed he took his test on the 14th? I had questioned the OWH article a few days ago where they had said he would take the test on the 24th since the last listed official day to take the ACT was July 14th. I just didn’t know if it was somehow possible to get a special date to take the test... If he did in fact take it on the 14th, I would think he has back the results unless he was for some reason required to take the written portion.

Speaking of this guy, whom I really hope we get because hes going to be a monster RB, what about Dominick Watt, the 4 star WR? I heard he was all done with his stuff, too?

Looks like Watt is “coming soon”. Let’s get both these future playmakers on campus and keep building this thing!

Reactions: jeans15
So it was confirmed he took his test on the 14th? I had questioned the OWH article a few days ago where they had said he would take the test on the 24th since the last listed official day to take the ACT was July 14th. I just didn’t know if it was somehow possible to get a special date to take the test... If he did in fact take it on the 14th, I would think he has back the results unless he was for some reason required to take the written portion.

The national testing date was July 14th. I work in college admissions so we had people taking the test at that time.

tenor.gif

Just found this video today about Washington's story. Kid has been through a lot. You can tell how driven he is to make it at the next level.

Also, he's a total beast in his highlights. Kind of reminds me of how untouchable Lucky was in his HS highlight video.
His running style really reminds me of Adrian Peterson. Fingers are definitely crossed that this is good news!

if he took the test on the 24th, scores are available after midnight tonight, I believe. Might be midnight Tuesday/Wednesday, however. I don't recall exactly which day of the week it is.

if he took the test on the 24th, scores are available after midnight tonight, I believe. Might be midnight Tuesday/Wednesday, however. I don't recall exactly which day of the week it is.
I think many people have posted that that the last day to get the test taken was the 14th.

Washington responded to an OWH text inquiry today that he doesn't know his status yet. I think that means he's probably now waiting for a response from the University and/or NCAA.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Washington responded to an OWH text inquiry today that he doesn't know his status yet. I think that means he's probably now waiting for a response from the University and/or NCAA.
so, wonder if that means he got the scores he thought he needed, just needs to hear from the university/ncaa that he is officially good to go.

The article said that he received his score last Tuesday. Not sure why he didn't just say what his score was, but regardless, they know by now whether he is eligible.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Since all indications seem to be very positive, I would assume he most likely got the required ACT score or it would be over already.

But that's, of course, still not enough. You still have to get through the NCAA clearing house and through university admissions. Those two things usually take their sweet old time. Hopefully almost a sure thing but it has derailed some recruits in the past.

This is pure speculation on my part but I would assume the admissions office must now audit/examine his transcripts to verify that he passed enough of the right classes to qualify for admission.

Last edited:
Another thing is that I remember from taking it somewhere around 10years ago was that you could view your score online first, but the actual paper would not arrive with the score on it until later. I don’t know how it actually gets sent to the university, but they would mail the score and breakdown something like a week later, if I remember correctly.

Another thing is that I remember from taking it somewhere around 10years ago was that you could view your score online first, but the actual paper would not arrive with the score on it until later. I don’t know how it actually gets sent to the university, but they would mail the score and breakdown something like a week later, if I remember correctly.

Everything is done electronically now. Your scores are to the school, and if you elected to have them sent there, to the NCAA Clearinghouse at the same time you get your results. Sometimes before. The Clearinghouse has a tracking system to let you know what you are missing and when things are received. My youngest actually saw that her scores were in when she got a message from the clearinghouse alerting her to that fact.

So it seems like all indications are we get Dominick Watt and Maurice Washington in Lincoln, Watt eligible now and Washington not until next year if things go ok for him, yes?

ADVERTISEMENT