ADVERTISEMENT

Maurice Washington has qualified

Sounds like Ohio State wants him as a DB and he is actually very interested in that.

Last edited:
I've liked Wilbon, but he needs to get much faster. I think he can. He can always make people miss when he has a bit of steam built up but he was unable to make that first guy miss who determines whether the play is a loss or no gain vs. a quality 5 yard run.

Yeah, a 4th or 5th year player needs to get faster... should've thought of that his 1st year.

Crystal balls are now saying Arizona State. Can't believe that he would choose Herm Edwards over Urban Meyer and Scott Frost.
That is weird-- Edwards and a crappy team
Weather and girls- everyone has their own criteria and needs

As to Wilbon- lots of times he made people miss 1 on 1 just to get out of the backfield. He has very good lateral speed and excellent body control= good explosiveness. Maybe not the top end speed SF wants.

Word was he didnt see the field much because of his pass blocking.

I think one of the new kids will start- but Wilbon might surprise a few people in relief of the starter- LOTS of kids play in this offense.

Last edited:
Washington is originally from Cali so not real shocking to me if he ends up in the Pac ultimately

This was also his first OV and might have a major visit high. It will be interesting to see if he makes the visits to Ohio St and Nebraska

Last edited:
That is weird-- Edwards and a crappy team
Weather and girls- everyone has their own criteria and needs

As to Wilbon- lots of times he made people miss 1 on 1 just to get out of the backfield. He has very good lateral speed and excellent body control= good explosiveness. Maybe not the top end speed SF wants.

Word was he didnt see the field much because of his pass blocking.

I think one of the new kids will start- but Wilbon might surprise a few people in relief of the starter- LOTS of kids play in this offense.

If beautiful women is your #1 priority in choosing a college, then you can't go wrong with Arizona State.

But seriously - Herm Edwards? You'd turn down 2 guys who have been National Coach of the Year to play for this clown?

If beautiful women is your #1 priority in choosing a college, then you can't go wrong with Arizona State.

But seriously - Herm Edwards? You'd turn down 2 guys who have been National Coach of the Year to play for this clown?

Herm was a popular figure on ESPN and he can definitely sell recruits on the "I know what it takes to get you into the league" pitch. Plus, it probably doesn't hurt that he can relate to some of these dudes a little more than Urb & HCSF.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Herm was a popular figure on ESPN and he can definitely sell recruits on the "I know what it takes to get you into the league" pitch. Plus, it probably doesn't hurt that he can relate to some of these dudes a little more than Urb & HCSF.
How in the world could Herm relate to HS kids better than SF?

Reactions: huskerfan1414

Lets see how his recruiting class stacks up against HCSF and Urb
Urb is ranked #2 and HCSF is ranked #24th

Right now ASU is ranked 90th - 90th

Can I give you 1,000 to 1 odds and get a cash bet?

Herm is going to fail in epic proportions as a college coach

I'm guessing Herm's pitch is about the same as other former NFL HCs...and there will be some kids willing to hitch their wagons thinking he will get them to the league because he has "been to the pinnacle" (nevermind the outcome)

Reactions: SC_'sker
I'm guessing Herm's pitch is about the same as other former NFL HCs...and there will be some kids willing to hitch their wagons thinking he will get them to the league because he has "been to the pinnacle" (nevermind the outcome)
Yep he's really tearing it up other there
Guy is off his rocker
Another NFL guy who doesnt get the college game
They are taking the Billy Devaney NFL personnel approach- to ASU- it worked wonders here- Bryson Williams says HELLO
And he hasnt coached in what- 10 years
Arizona and the PAC have to be loving it- they will be lobbying that Herm stays long term-- just like the BIG coaches did for Riley

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...a-state-presser-weird-agent-sun-devils-mascot

Herm and a lot of the young guys he'll recruit (or have someone else recruit) share the experience of being a black man in American society. That can't be replicated by a white person. But he is over 40 years older than the kids he'll recruit, regardless of their color. He's been out of the coaching game for 10 years and hasn't coached college since 1989.
Scott Frost is 20 years Herm's junior and has spent his adult life playing with, coaching and working with a lot of black guys. And he has been seriously involved in the college recruiting game for 10 years.
Advantage Frost.

Herm and a lot of the young guys he'll recruit (or have someone else recruit) share the experience of being a black man in American society. That can't be replicated by a white person. But he is over 40 years older than the kids he'll recruit, regardless of their color. He's been out of the coaching game for 10 years and hasn't coached college since 1989.
Scott Frost is 20 years Herm's junior and has spent his adult life playing with, coaching and working with a lot of black guys. And he has been seriously involved in the college recruiting game for 10 years.
Advantage Frost.

66-year-old white guy Nick Saban does just fine recruiting. So did Tom Osborne. Most competitive athletes want to play for winners.

Besides, the majority of our assistants are young African-American guys and several of them played in the NFL. And Frost is considered the ultimate "players' coach". Everyone who's played for him seems to love him, regardless of race.

66-year-old white guy Nick Saban does just fine recruiting. So did Tom Osborne. Most competitive athletes want to play for winners.

Besides, the majority of our assistants are young African-American guys and several of them played in the NFL. And Frost is considered the ultimate "players' coach". Everyone who's played for him seems to love him, regardless of race.

The guys doing the recruiting are the assistants
Frost just comes into close the deal

The UCF kids seemed to universally adore HCSF- he is a "players coach" yet who is tough and holds people accountable

Hes a winner- played in the NFL and won a Nat Title in College- Coach of the Year= Hes having no problem connecting with kids of any background- especially with his assistants running point.

Last edited:
A pro model for evaluating? What a bunch of nonsense, unless it means others outside the coaching staff do all the evaluation and the coaches just make the calls and show up to meet with the recruit/parents. Relationships still seem to be as big as anything when it comes to recruits picking a school.

Harbaugh and some of his staff have more NFL chops than Herm. How's the "pro model" working for them?

I doubt Washington ends up at OSU. I doubt he could commit to OSU if he wanted to right now. Maybe things will change, but I think OSU has higher priorities. Not necessarily better players, but bigger needs. How staffs handle things down the stretch of the late signing period will be interesting.

Go Bucks!!!

Yep he's really tearing it up other there
Guy is off his rocker
Another NFL guy who doesnt get the college game
They are taking the Billy Devaney NFL personnel approach- to ASU- it worked wonders here- Bryson Williams says HELLO
And he hasnt coached in what- 10 years
Arizona and the PAC have to be loving it- they will be lobbying that Herm stays long term-- just like the BIG coaches did for Riley

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...a-state-presser-weird-agent-sun-devils-mascot

You're railing against an argument that nobody on here is trying to make.

Just because you or I wouldn't bite on that pitch doesn't mean that some kids that would love nothing more than to make it big in the NFL would not. Chill out.

Reactions: dinglefritz
It might help that Herm is a minority.

I have actually read that there is a tie-in between Dieon Sanders who is affiliated with Washington's school (volunteer/mentor thing) and Herm...that is how the dots are connected here I guess.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Did he change plans already??

Couldn't get the travel together for he and his mother quick enough to get it done this weekend (what is being said)...Nebraska wants last visit and Frost last in home is the real reason I'm pretty certain

Reactions: c3ntral08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT