ADVERTISEMENT

Maurice Washington has qualified

TwinsRRUs

Recruiting Coordinator
Oct 1, 2011
SW NE
Now that he has officially qualified, the coaches better be all over him!

How many RBs are we planning on signing? Washington? Corbin? Henry? (Already have Bell and Jones)

If I was a current RB on the team, I would be worried. If they do not fit the mold of a RB in Frost's offense, they will not play. Too many speedy RBs coming in!

Returning: Ozigbo, Wilbon, Bryant, and Bradley

Incoming: Greg Bell (RB/WR Miles Jones) and one of Washington, Corbin, or Henry.

I am thinking that Corbin and Henry are the odd men out if Washington is coming. Washngton's visit is set for Feb. 2nd though, so if he doesn't commit at that point, its pretty late to go back for Corbin or Henry.

Oz and Wilbon are gone after 2018. Tre might be done for good. That leaves only Bradley (junior) and Bell (senior) as upperclassmen for 2019.

I think Henry is the backup plan for Washington. However, it sounds like Washington won't announce until signing day, so we could lose out on both.

Moses Bryant could be the backup plan for the backup plan. He has academic issues of his own, though.

His Rivals page says he is visiting Ole Miss on 2/2/18, but from what I have read, he is visiting ASU, OSU and us.

I don't think we need to truly worry about Ohio State, so I think we get Washington.

My reasoning? Ohio just signed these three back in December:

I love that we have recruits fighting to be with us! Sounds like Henry is all N if they would let him sign and Corbin is a heavy lean for us. Gotta love Frost.

I love that we have recruits fighting to be with us! Sounds like Henry is all N if they would let him sign and Corbin is a heavy lean for us. Gotta love Frost.

I don't think Corbin is a heavy lean for us. He cancelled his visit. I think we're putting all of our eggs in the Maurice Washington basket now that he has qualified.

I don't think Corbin is a heavy lean for us. He cancelled his visit. I think we're putting all of our eggs in the Maurice Washington basket now that he has qualified.
I think we take Henry if we don't get Washington.

Washington isn't announcing until signing day. Henry may not want to wait on us until then.

True. You would hope he let's the coaches know what he is doing, even if he doesn't announce it publicly. Going to be interesting.

Henry is visiting Oregon State this weekend. Would be interesting to hear what Riley says to him.

True. You would hope he let's the coaches know what he is doing, even if he doesn't announce it publicly. Going to be interesting.

OSU only has 2 spots left = they are at 23 now and they are in deep with several 4 and 5 star linemen and a certain 4 star LB NU is in on. If any of those fall, they may run out of spots. This one is going to be tricky

Bradley will be juuuuuust fine. I really like him. Vision travels to any scheme and I think he has it.

Wilbon and Ozigbo will play and then graduate, and Bryant IMO doesn't sound like he's ever going to play meaningful snaps again. The number of RBs the staff is after would seem to mirror that expectation.

By the time you RS some guys, what looks like a lot of RBs is not gonna be all that many RBs.

OSU only has 2 spots left = they are at 23 now and they are in deep with several 4 and 5 star linemen and a certain 4 star LB NU is in on. If any of those fall, they may run out of spots. This one is going to be tricky

I wouldn't put anything past Urban. If he really wants a recruit, he'll find a spot for him somehow.

Reactions: husker021
Yep, I've been watching them pretty close too. Hope they fill up and Jean-Baptiste falls in our lap. He could contribute right away for us.

Georgia has now offered - not sure we get a visit

Last edited:
Bradley will be juuuuuust fine. I really like him. Vision travels to any scheme and I think he has it.

Wilbon and Ozigbo will play and then graduate, and Bryant IMO doesn't sound like he's ever going to play meaningful snaps again. The number of RBs the staff is after would seem to mirror that expectation.

By the time you RS some guys, what looks like a lot of RBs is not gonna be all that many RBs.
I think Wilbon is going to be a tremendous fit for what Frost does personally. Wilbon may benefit more from this coaching change than any other guy on the roster.

Moses Bryant could be the backup plan for the backup plan. He has academic issues of his own, though.

Moses doesn’t have the academic issues anymore. His gpa and test scores now qualify. But I do agree that he is probably a back up plan. Not much room left in the class.

frost is making the previous administrations look like little league and it's only been six weeks. Good Times.
Very true minus Dubs and DWilliams, but Rileys staff showed us it was easy to recruit to Nebraska unlike Bo Bo and Frost is showing us, that even that wasn’t our ceiling. Things are trending up. We need to finish Strong though. Tannor would be a game changer best OLB prospect ever in Lincoln! A must get Cam Jones Washington the perfect fit for Frostys O at RB JJB Bell Palmer Torain and Hamilton Hall at LT would be lit a big Boom. The cherry would be if Walters would put on his Big Boy Pants and close out with Josh Moore or Copeland we desperately need alpha Gorilla love the work so far with Watt and, JW and Miles Jones. receiver room i has got great variety of skills. Moore is that Anthony Miller at MSU type that gets us to the Big 10 trophy room. Frost has definitely kicked azz

Very true minus Dubs and DWilliams, but Rileys staff showed us it was easy to recruit to Nebraska unlike Bo Bo and Frost is showing us, that even that wasn’t our ceiling. Things are trending up. We need to finish Strong though. Tannor would be a game changer best OLB prospect ever in Lincoln! A must get Cam Jones Washington the perfect fit for Frostys O at RB JJB Bell Palmer Torain and Hamilton Hall at LT would be lit a big Boom. The cherry would be if Walters would put on his Big Boy Pants and close out with Josh Moore or Copeland we desperately need alpha Gorilla love the work so far with Watt and, JW and Miles Jones. receiver room i has got great variety of skills. Moore is that Anthony Miller at MSU type that gets us to the Big 10 trophy room. Frost has definitely kicked azz
A few suggestions: paragraphs, periods, and commas. Thx.

If you're a soph jr sr and you're "worried" abt an incoming true freshman, you're in the wrong place.
Tell that to Jalen Hurts.... 27-2 as a starter and now he might not play the rest of his career. He had a game winning touchdown run in the national championship game but his only mistake was that he ran too fast and clemson had time to score again.

Over 50% of his touches were blown plays from the start... especially in the passing game. None of our running backs had a chance to shine.
I've liked Wilbon, but he needs to get much faster. I think he can. He can always make people miss when he has a bit of steam built up but he was unable to make that first guy miss who determines whether the play is a loss or no gain vs. a quality 5 yard run.

Reactions: chrsmneric
ADVERTISEMENT