ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Vrzal is da Man!

What's a good Husker podcast? Where can I find the Damon Benning show or something else/better?

Severe and Benning is good. My favorite is Hail Varsity with Chris Schmidt. He has great guests like coach Kazinski, coach Gary Barnett. Offers a good recruiting update from Greg Smith. Both are available for download on Podcast.

What did he say today? Heard he took a shot at Frost.
Verz is a guy that is pretty fair, but he's willing to call a spade a spade. I appreciate that from anyone that can concisely put into words what we're all seeing and instinctively know to be true.

I keep trying to remind myself how young they are as a team and that I knew this was going to be a brutal year. But you never expected to get whipped for 4 quarters by Illinois for God sakes.

7 of our Blackshirts are seniors, so the whole “we are so young” excuse the coaches throw out is getting old.

Out of the top 22 on defense 13 are juniors or seniors and the starters are 7 Seniors and 2 juniors. I agree with previous posters about using age as an issue, that is just an excuse for sloppy undisciplined play coupled with inadequate coaching.

And I'll add, with the transfer portal and the attrition issues we've had, I gotta think that this will continue to be the norm therefore we are always going to be "young".

7 of our Blackshirts are seniors, so the whole “we are so young” excuse the coaches throw out is getting old.
That doesn't strike me as a coincidence either. Are they our 7 best/most talented guys or are they just 7 guys who have seen enough college football to screw it up less often?

It's one thing to have a majority of seniors in your back 7 on defense. It's quite another to have most of your 2-deep at every position be 4th and 5th year guys. To where you reasonably expect that the guys who start are beating out other guys who KNOW the job as well as the starter, they just don't have the athletic gifts the starter does.

I don't think we have that yet at all. You just don't see a team out there that looks accustomed to having to fight very hard for their opportunity.

We have bad ass dudes?
We haven’t had that in many, many years and that is the problem. Vrz mentioned Dominic Raiola as maybe one of the last ones. Vrz said we need have some guys either step up or recruit some guys with fire to do so ala The Peter Brothers & Wistrom that are not afraid to call players out for half-assing it in practice.

We haven’t had that in many, many years and that is the problem. Vrz mentioned Dominic Raiola as maybe one of the last ones. Vrz said we need have some guys either step up or recruit some guys with fire to do so ala The Peter Brothers & Wistrom that are not afraid to call players out for half-assing it in practice.
So Suh wasn't a bad ass dude? Lavonte?

After watching him play, I dont think he is going to scare too many guys.
Agreed, Ty Robinson is one of the biggest problems on our defense right now. We need to find some better answers on the defensive line or we are going to get steamrolled against Iowa.

Verz is a guy that is pretty fair, but he's willing to call a spade a spade. I appreciate that from anyone that can concisely put into words what we're all seeing and instinctively know to be true.
Excuse me but isn't fair and calling a spade a spade the same??

Reactions: SomedayHusker
I keep trying to remind myself how young they are as a team and that I knew this was going to be a brutal year. But you never expected to get whipped for 4 quarters by Illinois for God sakes.
I feel like I’m one of the few posters on here who is perfectly fine with not fully judging Frost until after year 5, year 6 now with COVID, but I’m furious about Saturday. I’m still mad. Some of his comments today pissed me off even more. We should always beat Illinois and it should never be close. I’m just really disappointed

I feel like I’m one of the few posters on here who is perfectly fine with not fully judging Frost until after year 5, year 6 now with COVID, but I’m furious about Saturday. I’m still mad. Some of his comments today pissed me off even more. We should always beat Illinois and it should never be close. I’m just really disappointed
What did he say today?

I think there are a lot of us in this boat. I’ve never questioned if he should be fired/hot seat/ etc. I’m also upset about the player and coach comments this week. I think it would serve this university well to take the mic away from the players.

I think there are a lot of us in this boat. I’ve never questioned if he should be fired/hot seat/ etc. I’m also upset about the player and coach comments this week. I think it would serve this university well to take the mic away from the players.
I just really think they aren't sure what to say, that isn't "yeah my effort just sucked" and are trying to please the media by answering the questions with standard answers that they hope won't make headlines .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT