ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Rhule salary

Yup, I thought the Nebraska AD was smarter than that.

Since you are paying Rhule roughly 50% more than Fickell, you must expect he will win roughly 50% more than Wisconsin over the next four years. Right?

Fully expect him to kick Wisconsin in the ass the vast majority of the time....

I am pretty sure the buyout goes down as the salary escalates. It actually makes total sense.
The buyout goes down if Rhule decides to leave. If he’s fired, I'm sure we'll have to pay the full remaining amount on his contract.

It's not my money. The university is getting 100 million a year for football tv alone. We can afford this contract plus the 13 million in NIL we will need to spend. It's semi pro now, live with it

The buyout goes down if Rhule decides to leave. If he’s fired, I'm sure we'll have to pay the full remaining amount on his contract.
And the Panthers are helping to pay for the first 3 years of the contract on the front end. Nebraska is paying Rhule only $5.5 million in year one, so the Panthers are kicking in a decent amount.

Reactions: king_kong_
And the Panthers are helping to pay for the first 3 years of the contract on the front end. Nebraska is paying Rhule only $5.5 million in year one, so the Panthers are kicking in a decent amount.
That doesn't help us in terms of buyout. In fact, probably makes it worse unless we're squirreling away the money we're saving now. I doubt this is the case though.

That doesn't help us in terms of buyout. In fact, probably makes it worse unless we're squirreling away the money we're saving now. I doubt this is the case though.
The fact that someone else is paying probably nearly half the first year's salary, and a decent portion of year two. is a pretty big deal. The fact that Alberts was able to negotiate that is pretty impressive. Regardless if the money is being squirreled away or being spent elsewhere is irrelevant. It is money not coming from the athletic department. Additionally, the next TV contact goes into effect next year, so while the Panthers help pay the salary of the Nebraska football coach, the revenue Nebraska earns increases.

I am pretty sure the buyout goes down as the salary escalates. It actually makes total sense.
This is how I read it, too

I am impressed by the numbers, the structure and the professional manner in which this was conducted

Still need to win, but all signs point to [blockhead] Trev having run a pretty polished show all the way around

The fact that someone else is paying probably nearly half the first year's salary, and a decent portion of year two. is a pretty big deal. The fact that Alberts was able to negotiate that is pretty impressive. Regardless if the money is being squirreled away or being spent elsewhere is irrelevant. It is money not coming from the athletic department. Additionally, the next TV contact goes into effect next year, so while the Panthers help pay the salary of the Nebraska football coach, the revenue Nebraska earns increases.
Not really, it means nothing. The backloaded contract and thus big buyout resulting is much more consequential.

His buyout after 3 years is half of what JIMBO’s is now. I’m not wild about it but that’s what is going on in the market place.

We just gave Frost an extra 8 million just to not coach 2 games. It would have to be a total disaster forRhules buyout to become a major factor

I totally get where you're coming from, and I can see how backloading a contract could be risky. That being said, I think it's important to remember that Matt Rhule is a proven coach with a lot of potential, so it might end up being a smart move in the long run. Also, on a somewhat related note, have any of you tried using an online paystub generator?

I've found it to be super convenient and time-saving, especially if you're a business owner or someone who needs to keep track of their finances. It's really easy to use, and it can be a lifesaver when it comes to things like tax season. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there!

Last edited:
I couldn't resist chiming in on this a bit outdated discussion, sorry.

I totally get where you're coming from, and I can see how backloading a contract could be risky. That being said, I think it's important to remember that Matt Rhule is a proven coach with a lot of potential, so it might end up being a smart move in the long run.
Just curious, how bored do you have to be to dig up a post from half a year ago?

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT