ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Rhule salary

....and he also wouldn't offer half price because they had a better than average day, the day before, or offer to pay twice what they're asking because they had a bad day, the day before....

He would pay...stay with me here...Fair market value. No more, no less.

For the next five years, Rhule's "fair market value" will be affected by his Carolina contract.

Which is a GOOD THING, from Nebraska's point of view.

All Big Ten programs pull in something like $55 million in football media rights. That is about to be boosted to around $90 million.

"Number of fans" doesn't matter as to what conference teams can afford or as to what they should be expected to pay.
Clearly you understand that some Big Ten programs have more revenue than other Big Ten programs.

For the next five years, Rhule's "fair market value" will be affected by his Carolina contract.

Which is a GOOD THING, from Nebraska's point of view.
To use your Buffett analogy, Buffett isn't going to stand there and wait for another customer to pay and leave the change, then take that money and only pay 50% of his own cash for the Big Mac. He will simply pay for the Big Mac

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Clearly you understand that some Big Ten programs have more revenue than other Big Ten programs.

Sure. But having more revenue does not mean you should overpay.

I understand the reasoning for not waiting to save $7 million with Frost, but I don't agree with it. FWIW, I wouldn't have looked to sue Frost in an attempt to get out of part of his pay out.

Pay the fair market value for the coach period. It isn't that hard.

I say his market value is $4 million per year for five years. If Rhule agrees, then that is his fair market value. After the two parties agree, no one else should have a say.

Because I didn't know about the clause in his Panthers contract. Which I have mentioned now several times.
So why do you care how much Nebraska’s AD pays him or what his contract is anyway?

Aren’t you a Bucknut in the first place..

So why do you care how much Nebraska’s AD pays him or what his contract is anyway?

Aren’t you a Bucknut in the first place..

Because it is a general college football story. I am the opposite of a Buckeye.

You guys are so suspicious. Not everyone is looking to SABOTAGE your next hire.

Because it is a general college football story. I am the opposite of a Buckeye.

You guys are so suspicious. Not everyone is looking to SABOTAGE your next hire.
You’re definitely much better than the Three Musketeers: Fivewords of Turds, Facefvck, and Peterhead Malloy! ;)

Last edited:
Please don’t misunderstand me but I don’t get this. Don’t hold Rhules time at Carolina against him “because players at Temple followed him.” I believe you can say that about every coach. Frost had it at UCF, Pelini and Solich had it here. But we should consider Mickey because the players like him. News flash, most players would like any coach that let’s them play. Something seems to be amiss here if you like some things about the coach great but if you have a problem, just ignore that and go with your gut. Seems like we totally ignored the red flags with Frost and there seems to be more red flags waiving in the breeze with these two.

Reactions: scarletred
Please don’t misunderstand me but I don’t get this. Don’t hold Rhules time at Carolina against him “because players at Temple followed him.” I believe you can say that about every coach. Frost had it at UCF, Pelini and Solich had it here. But we should consider Mickey because the players like him. News flash, most players would like any coach that let’s them play. Something seems to be amiss here if you like some things about the coach great but if you have a problem, just ignore that and go with your gut. Seems like we totally ignored the red flags with Frost and there seems to be more red flags waiving in the breeze with these two.
New flash - there isn't a coach out there that doesn't have red flags waiving in some area. There's not a perfect coach anywhere in the country.

I say his market value is $4 million per year for five years. If Rhule agrees, then that is his fair market value. After the two parties agree, no one else should have a say.
Just stop. No one is ever going to agree with you on this. You obviously don't know what his fair market value is. That or you don't agree with it. Rhule will get the fair market value. His Carolina pay will not affect that. NU will come up with enough to pay any assistants he may hire. It won't be affected by how much we pay him. It's also not your money. I'm not sure why it bothers you.

New flash - there isn't a coach out there that doesn't have red flags waiving in some area. There's not a perfect coach anywhere in the country.
The point is don’t pick a coach because you like a couple things we did that before, pick a leader who wins.

So on the other side of the coin, what is Nebraska's buy out obligation if Frost takes another job? Didn't Pelini stiff Nebraska by taking a lower than market salary? Or was it Riley that did that? Don't remember but I think one of our coaches we bought out did that.
Bo and Riley didn’t have many options when they were canned

I don't know anything but my gut feel is that the deal already is locked up and done for one of the candidates. I just don't have a gut feel for which one it is.

Reactions: dinglefritz
There’s language in the Carolina contract for “market value” to prevent this type of thing. He’ll get the full amount either way, but Carolina’s not getting hung with 95% of it if Rhule is the head coach at a P5 school.
Good to know, I was not aware of that but it's logical.

So as I understand, Rhule is owed roughly $40 million over the next five years by Carolina. If Nebraska pays him $7million per year for five years, he will collect $40 million overall with Carolina picking up the remainder. AND, if Nebraska pays him $1 million per year, he will still collect $40 million.

Paying Rhule $1 million per year (or less even) would open up the possibility to bump the assistant coaching pool up to $6 million per year for five years. That would allow Nebraska to have possibly the best paid assistants in college football. A serious advantage for a new coach looking to rebuild.
Actually if Rhule is paid $40 million no matter what he can hire the best assistants possible and greatly improve his chances of succeeding.

On what? I congratulated Nebraska on landing Rhule already. Even though many of your dumbass fans are disappointed.
on the fact you LOL'd @ the idea of Rhule being paid 140% of the avg B1G salary (pretty damn close to what he's getting)

you saw the receipt. own it. or - infinitely more likely given your michigan fandom - cower from it.

lol @ "120-140%".

on the fact you LOL'd @ the idea of Rhule being paid 140% of the avg B1G salary (pretty damn close to what he's getting)

you saw the receipt. own it. or - infinitely more likely given your michigan fandom - cower from it.

lol. Yeah, Michigan fans are certainly cowering nowadays. Congrats on overpaying..?

I will let you get back to your Big Ten hating "this new town SUCKS!!!" sullen teen shtick.

Really rad, bro!

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
lol. Yeah, Michigan fans are certainly cowering nowadays. Congrats on overpaying..?

I will let you get back to your Big Ten hating "this new town SUCKS!!!" sullen teen shtick.

Really rad, bro!
this is a really funny way of saying "I couldn't have been more incorrect if I tried"

typical

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
this is a really funny way of saying "I couldn't have been more incorrect if I tried"

typical

Yup, I thought the Nebraska AD was smarter than that.

Since you are paying Rhule roughly 50% more than Fickell, you must expect he will win roughly 50% more than Wisconsin over the next four years. Right?

Yup, I thought the Nebraska AD was smarter than that.

Since you are paying Rhule roughly twice as much as Fickell, you must expect he will win roughly twice as many as Wisconsin over the next four years. Right?
wait - do you think I am the president of the university & signing Rhule's checks?

honestly wouldn't put it past you! thanks for the flattery! lot of that going around today!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT