ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Rhule leaving Baylor for the NFL

I thought he had unfinished business at Baylor :D.

I know he changed tune after he said that, but still funny.

I think Rhule is one of the best coaches in the business. I wonder if we will see him again in CFB

These guys are just like all of us...looking for a better gig even while they are working at their current gig. Nothing wrong with that.

No, I don't think so either. either. From what it sounds like, once he decided he was gonna shop himself he told his players as well. For all intents and purposes I think he handled himself quite well on top of everything else.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
At least it's some new blood. Just leaves the Browns at the altar...again.Laughing
IF I were the Browns I would be on the phone to Shurmur. The dude is a very good coach who was limited by his roster with the Giants.

NFL should just rotate head coaches every other year. :rolleyes:
It seems fairly clear that some organizations give a better chance for a guy to be a successful head coach than others. Gotta make a change to keep the fan base (or owner) hopeful even if you're pretty sure the new guy won't make any difference.

Reactions: rrthusker
Like jury duty. You have to have a valid Dr.'s note in order to "call off" when it's your turn to coach the Browns.
The Browns need somebody who can deal with their QB. Shurmur is a darned good QB developer/OC at the very least.

The NFL is all about a strong front office. It's a salary cap game, combined with a HC that can keep the locker room together, with vocal players/leaders to galvanize different personalities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT