ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Rhule is 47-43 in college

Knew Trev couldn’t hire a winner. Another .500 coach which is what Trev wanted. The rest of the Big Ten is happy with this hire.

A real AD would have had championship level coach lined up already.
So, did the AD that hired Ku-Klux-Kurt have Hy-Vee trophy championships in mind?

Asking for myself.

Knew Trev couldn’t hire a winner. Another .500 coach which is what Trev wanted. The rest of the Big Ten is happy with this hire.

A real AD would have had championship level coach lined up already.
If it is Matt Rhule, I think it's a big mistake. It's not a big enough hire to get us out of this shitfest.

I personally think he is the best we could realistically get. Could do better but would be with a high risk high reward coach.

Yep, assuming we can't get any of the big 3 (urb, prime, kiff) Rhule's probably the best we can do.

Although, I don't see any of those as high risk high reward. Other than if urb had an off-the-field issue, all three are pretty low risk high reward. Worst case scenario, we continue to suck but our recruiting goes way up. Best case, they work out and we start winning. Not a lot of risk there.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Yep, assuming we can't get any of the big 3 (urb, prime, kiff) Rhule's probably the best we can do.

Although, I don't see any of those as high risk high reward. Other than if urb had an off-the-field issue, all three are pretty low risk high reward. Worst case scenario, we continue to suck but our recruiting goes way up. Best case, they work out and we start winning. Not a lot of risk there.
Oh I just meant that we could go for a G5 coach or current sitting assistant coach and we could be better, as we could pull a first time coach who is going to go on and be a legend. But obviously with that you have big risk.

And yes I always assumed Urb and Kiff were never in contention. Not sure how I feel about Prime he has not even been G5 coach unless I am missing something.

I think Prime is a huge risk. I mean I'm here for it, as he could bring in a loaded roster and potentially win championships, but I would go into it knowing it's a huge risk and it could fail miserably.

Oh I just meant that we could go for a G5 coach or current sitting assistant coach and we could be better, as we could pull a first time coach who is going to go on and be a legend. But obviously with that you have big risk.

And yes I always assumed Urb and Kiff were never in contention. Not sure how I feel about Prime he has not even been G5 coach unless I am missing something.
We went the G5 route last time. How did that work out for us?

P
I think Prime is a huge risk. I mean I'm here for it, as he could bring in a loaded roster and potentially win championships, but I would go into it knowing it's a huge risk and it could fail miserably.
I think one huge risk is it wouldn't surprise me if his people aren't already in communication with some FSU folks. FSU isn't exactly setting the CFB world on fire right now. And I think he would absolutely kill it in the state of Florida.

Reactions: headcard
What's the risk?

There is a much greater risk that he will not be successful. As he only has a couple of years of coaching experience at a low-level school. He is nowhere near the sure thing a guy like Urban Meyer is. I still want him as HC, but there is way more risk of him flopping.

There is a much greater risk that he will not be successful. As he only has a couple of years of coaching experience at a low-level school. He is nowhere near the sure thing a guy like Urban Meyer is. I still want him as HC, but there is way more risk of him flopping.
Bigger risk than Urban? Sure. Maybe even Kiffin. Bigger risk than the rest of the field? Not even close.

• Haha
I think one huge risk is it wouldn't surprise me if his people aren't already in communication with some FSU folks. FSU isn't exactly setting the CFB world on fire right now. And I think he would absolutely kill it in the state of Florida.
Funny, I think I've heard this for damn near every single candidate out there. Risk with ________ is that he might leave if __________ opens up. Then there's...at the first sign of success ________ will bolt for the NFL. It's kink of never ending and you can't hire that way. Unless he's an alumn, that's a risk you're going to run.

Funny, I think I've heard this for damn near every single candidate out there. Risk with ________ is that he might leave if __________ opens up. Then there's...at the first sign of success ________ will bolt for the NFL. It's kink of never ending and you can't hire that way. Unless he's an alumn, that's a risk you're going to run.
If any candidate has success here I understand other teams will be after them. And if someone is hired well that must mean he has NU in a good spot. I have zero apprehensions about this with any other candidate. Only with Deion because I could literally see him be here a season and gone if FSU comes knocking. That's all nothing more nothing less.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Legit question OP, are you retarded? It is, obviously, perfectly acceptable, but I am just asking so that I can give you some grace.
Careful. That word triggers a lot of simps here. Hope they don’t report you. ‘Twas a ban for me

Bigger risk than Urban? Sure. Maybe even Kiffin. Bigger risk than the rest of the field? Not even close.
Bigger risk than Frost (who “everyone” was sucking their own d1ck over)…. Nope

If any candidate has success here I understand other teams will be after them. And if someone is hired well that must mean he has NU in a good spot. I have zero apprehensions about this with any other candidate. Only with Deion because I could literally see him be here a season and gone if FSU comes knocking. That's all nothing more nothing less.

And does he take half the team with him when he leaves?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT