ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Lubick

juicej65

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2008
Omaha, NE
I have read he and Frost have a background of being friends and leaning on each other to bounce ideas off of one another. Is he a viable option? I don’t know anything about him, what’s his background?

Reactions: Bold Words
I have read he and Frost have a background of being friends and leaning on each other to bounce ideas off of one another. Is he a viable option? I don’t know anything about him, what’s his background?

Son of former Colorado State coach Sonny Lubick, been a WR coach almost everywhere he has been, was OC at oregon in 2016, and co-OC at Washington in 2017-18. Is currently out of football due to wanting some balance in his life. Some reports have said that he'd been doing some analysis stuff for Frost on the side last season.

Name to watch may be Craig Stutzmann at Hawaii if he doesn't get the head job there or go to Wazzu with the former coach at Hawaii. Good friend of Mariotta

I don't get the fascination with the guy hes not even coaching anymore.
That isn't really an issue to me. Alot of good coaches have stepped away from the game for a while. Here is a story about Arkansas State Head Coach Blake Anderson, one of the best young coaches in the game, he stepped away from the game to get some balance back in his life and save his marriage.

Do you think there is something to be said about our lack of minority’s on our coaching staff and could that ultimately hurt us in recruiting?! Honest question.

Do you think there is something to be said about our lack of minority’s on our coaching staff and could that ultimately hurt us in recruiting?! Honest question.
Nope shouldn't be an issue whatsoever. We have 3 black coaches and 1 Pacific Islander on staff.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Lubick doesn't seem like much of an upgrade from Walters. Washington fans don't think very high of him as a coach or recruiter.

Recruiter? Are you sure about that, he landed some big time guys at Washington.

He only landed one WR in the 2019 recruiting class, a 3-star player. Of the 4 WRs he recruited in the 2018 class, 2 didn't play and transferred, and the other 2 have combined for 4 catches in 2 years. The WR production for Washington was not good the 2 years he was there. He didn't have a single receiver in the Top 10 in the Pac-12 in receiving yards. This article said he didn't do well in developing receivers:

https://247sports.com/college/washi...ruce-FELDMAN-Matt-Lubick-Leaves-UW-127440297/

Last edited:
He only landed one WR in the 2019 recruiting class, a 3-star player. Of the 4 WRs he recruited in the 2018 class, 2 didn't play and transferred, and the other 2 have combined for 4 catches in 2 years. The WR production for Washington was not good the 2 years he was there. He didn't have a single receiver in the Top 10 in the Pac-12 in receiving yards. This article said he didn't do well in developing receivers:

https://247sports.com/college/washi...ruce-FELDMAN-Matt-Lubick-Leaves-UW-127440297/
In 2018 they had one of the top WR classes in the country. Three 4-star players and a high 3-star. Clearly he can recruit.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Hopefully he's a better recruiter than the recent results at UW. Could've just been a poor fit. We will see.

Regardless, welcome and please bring the much hyped offensive tempo that has been non-existent for the first 2 years.

Hopefully he's a better recruiter than the recent results at UW. Could've just been a poor fit. We will see.

Regardless, welcome and please bring the much hyped offensive tempo that has been non-existent for the first 2 years.
UW had a head coach who had lost the fire and was on his way out. Peterson also had mentioned his disdain for playing the dirty recruiting game.

Mickey Joseph just turned us down.
Who knows for sure BUT it seems Frost made a specific point in the Lubick hiring announcement to say no one else had been offered the job. So he obviously was aware of the rumors out there and wanted to address them.

The Lubick hire must have been underway for a long time for it to be announced so soon after Walters was given the boot. I suspect the timing of the announcement itself was forced by the recruits visiting this weekend.

I completely agree with that sentiment, that’s also my opinion. I just wanted to play devils advocate, and see if anyone thought that was a real issue or not.

You are not on board with the DIE Religion then, Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and by equity they mean equal outcome.

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT