ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Lubick ranked in the Top 20 assistant hire for this 2020 season (link inside)....

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska
15.) MATT LUBICK, NEBRASKA
9813423.jpg

(Photo: Scott Olmos, USA TODAY Sports)

Reunited with Nebraska head coach Scott Frost after previously connecting at Oregon from 2013-15, offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach Matt Lubick looks to help elevate a talented but untapped Huskers offense in 2019. With the Ducks, Frost was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach while Lubick complemented as the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach. When Frost left to become UCF's head coach from 2016-17, Lubick took over as Oregon's offensive coordinator in 2016. Lubick joined Washington's staff as co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach from 2017-18 before spending 2019 in the private sector of business. Exactly how much of an impact Lubick has on a Frost-driven offense remains to be seen, but the pair's previous chemistry and familiarity surely helps.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...k-Ciarrocca-Penn-State-148498805/#148498805_5

Reactions: WHCSC
So, maybe its just me, but I've wondered how big of a difference a new OC will make since Frost calls the plays (at least last I heard?). Is there something majorly different that Lubick brings offensively? Not complaining or criticizing, just genuinely curious about the difference it will make.

Reactions: huskerssalts
So, maybe its just me, but I've wondered how big of a difference a new OC will make since Frost calls the plays (at least last I heard?). Is there something majorly different that Lubick brings offensively? Not complaining or criticizing, just genuinely curious about the difference it will make.

It’s not the OC part of it that’s going to be the biggest difference, it’s his player development at WR and how precious he is in the little and big things that will make the difference. He will get the most out of our WRs for sure and he can give his info and insight to Frost about plays and so on during the game. Matt Lubick has more then shown he is a huge WR developer at CSU, Duke, Oregon and Washington. He’s won the assistant of the year award at least once or twice and has been runner up several times too.

I am a little nervous about this hire. UW's QB Jake Browning was much better is his first two years than the last two under Lubick. From my point of view Browning was always much better whenever things were going well than when they went to hell. I know this the case for lots of quarterbacks, but Browning would go from a pretty dependable and efficient player to doing something idiotic when pressured. Instead of just throwing the ball away he would hold onto the ball far too long resulting in lousy field position or worse yet, a fumble. The receivers did not play well under Lubick either and he was criticized for poor recruiting when it came to receivers..(UW had some pretty good running backs that were their saving grace) Hopefully it was just a bad fit with the Huskies.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I am a little nervous about this hire. UW's QB Jake Browning was much better is his first two years than the last two under Lubick. From my point of view Browning was always much better whenever things were going well than when they went to hell. I know this the case for lots of quarterbacks, but Browning would go from a pretty dependable and efficient player to doing something idiotic when pressured. Instead of just throwing the ball away he would hold onto the ball far too long resulting in lousy field position or worse yet, a fumble. The receivers did not play well under Lubick either and he was criticized for poor recruiting when it came to receivers..(UW had some pretty good running backs that were their saving grace) Hopefully it was just a bad fit with the Huskies.

I’d have to guess, that might be why Matt Lubick was only at Washington for a short period of time before leaving them. At every other power 5 team he coached at, he’s had success and has turned in great WR results while there.

The last time Lubick and Frost coached together they had back to back Top 10 offenses in the country (the one year they had the TOP ranked rushing attack). He’s done good at CSU, ASU, Duke, Oregon and solid at Washington. So that’s not a bad run, doing good at most of his power 5 gigs? Here’s 24/7 run down on Matt Lubick and some of the players he’s recruited personally. He’s a solid hire for our WRs. Just my opinion...

Edited: it appears Washington, while Lubick was there, was actually better, not worse.

With Matt Lubick...
Jake Browning 68.5%, 2719 yards and 19 TDs and 5 INTs

After Lubick left....
Jake Browning 64.9%, 3192 yards and 16 TDs and 10 INTs.

So I’d argue Lubick actually made Washington better, not exactly worse. You can see the numbers per Browning got actually worse after Lubick left. I do remember hearing the Washington fans claiming Lubick hated recruiting but no offense, this is after he left Washington and of course they’d claim that. And being fair, I don’t think any coach actually likes recruiting. It’s a dirty job and a lot of crap goes on behind the scenes.

https://247sports.com/coach/Matt-Lubick-455/

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
I have refrained from posting lately, just reading mostly. However, some information needs to be "clarified" here.

He never coached a game at both Ole Miss or Baylor so "He's done good" at those is not correct.
He was one of three finalists for Assistant Coach of Year for 2012. He did not win it. He was at Duke at that time and they set several records in 2012 including the only FBS team with three receivers to catch at least 60 passes each.
He was awarded the wide receivers coach of the year for 2012 by footballscoop.com
He was the co-offensive coordinator and WR coach at Washington - not the QB coach unless it was folded into his responsibilities and not listed but he was specifically said to coach WR's, nothing else.

Therefore, he did not "do good" at all those places. He did, however, do well at Oregon with Frost in 2011 when they set a school record for total offense of 7,345 yards.

It is 247Sports. https://247sports.com/

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Lubick

Last edited:
I have refrained from posting lately, just reading mostly. However, some information needs to be "clarified" here.

He never coached a game at both Ole Miss or Baylor so "He's done good" at those is not correct.
He was one of three finalists for Assistant Coach of Year for 2012. He did not win it. He was at Duke at that time and they set several records in 2012 including the only FBS team with three receivers to catch at least 60 passes each.
He was awarded the wide receivers coach of the year for 2012 by footballscoop.com
He was the co-offensive coordinator and WR coach at Washington - not the QB coach unless if was folded into his responsibilities and not listed but he was specifically said to coach WR's, nothing else.

Therefore, he did not "do good" at all those places. He did, however, do well at Oregon with Frost in 2011 when they set a school record for total offense of 7,345 yards.

It is 247Sports. https://247sports.com/

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Lubick

“Lubick was one of three finalists for the American Football Coaches Association'sAssistant Coach of the Year award for 2012. A big reason is the production his receivers turned in for Duke, which reached a bowl game for the first time since 1994.[6] He was also named the wide receivers coach of the year in 2012 by footballscoop.com.[1]

Duke was the only FBS team in the country in 2012 with three receivers to catch at least 60 passes, led by Conner Vernon’s program-record 85 receptions. Vernon and Jamison Crowder also set an ACC record for most catches by a receiving tandem, combining for 157 receptions on the year. The Blue Devils were the 31st-ranked passing team in the FBS in 2012.[6]

So yes, he has done well at more places then just Oregon and Duke. The Only knock I have ever heard about him was with Washington and that was from Washington fans and how he didn’t like to recruit. All his other stops have been positive or at least nothing bad has been mentioned anyways.

On the Washington comment and Lubick being the WR Coach...Actually yes, how the WRs play does help the QBs stats in a sense. Sure funny while Lubick was there Browning did so much better with his completion percentage and had so little INTs and then after Lubick leaves Browning pass completions go down and he throws more INTs...one could say, that might be because his WRs weren’t playing as well or running correct routes and so on. QBs success does go hand and hand with his WRs.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
“ARIZONA STATE: Lubick also boasts experience as a defensive backs coach, coaching the safeties for three seasons at Arizona State from 2007 to 2009. The Sun Devils ranked in the top 35 nationally in pass efficiency defense in each of Lubick’s three seasons, including 15th in 2007 and 20th in 2009. ASU also ranked in the top 30 nationally in passing defense both seasons. As recruiting coordinator, Lubick oversaw one top-20 recruiting class and two top-30 classes in his three seasons, while personally recruiting Vontaze Burfict, the highest-rated recruit in program history. Rivals named Lubick one of the top 10 recruiters in the then-Pac-10 Conference in each of his three years at ASU.

OLE MISS: Lubick’s first time coaching wide receivers at a Power Five school came at Ole Miss in 2005 and 2006, where he was a member of Ed Orgeron’s staff..

COLORADO STATE: Lubick spent four seasons on his father’s Colorado State staff, coaching wide receivers from 2001 to 2004. Lubick helped the Rams to the 2002 Mountain West championship and three bowl games in his four seasons. Lubick coached David Anderson, who ended his career as the most prolific receiver in Colorado State history. In 2003, Anderson set the then-school record with 1,293 receiving yards, and he ranked 12th nationally with an average of 99.5 receiving yards per game.

Lubick also began his coaching career at Colorado State in 1995, when he was a student assistant and academic supervisor on his father’s staff while finishing his undergraduate work.

Here is even more on Matt Lubick via Huskers.com. There is a reason why 24/7 has him listed in the Top 20 assistant hires. The mans a solid coach.

Last edited:
“Lubick was one of three finalists for the American Football Coaches Association'sAssistant Coach of the Year award for 2012. A big reason is the production his receivers turned in for Duke, which reached a bowl game for the first time since 1994.[6] He was also named the wide receivers coach of the year in 2012 by footballscoop.com.[1]

Duke was the only FBS team in the country in 2012 with three receivers to catch at least 60 passes, led by Conner Vernon’s program-record 85 receptions. Vernon and Jamison Crowder also set an ACC record for most catches by a receiving tandem, combining for 157 receptions on the year. The Blue Devils were the 31st-ranked passing team in the FBS in 2012.[6]

So yes, he has done well at more places then just Oregon. Only knock I have ever heard about him was with Washington. All other stops have been positive or at least nothing bad has been mentioned anyways.

Didn't he mention all of those accomplishments in his post?

Didn't he mention all of those accomplishments in his post?

No clue, I was just posting everything about the man that it shows in his coaching career...It didn’t matter to me what truhusker posted or not. If anything, then I guess me and truhusker are agreeing then ;) I’m just trying to get out everything about the man as I can. That’s all, I have no axe to grind other then showing Lubick was a solid hire.

Last edited:
“WASHINGTON: Lubick, who spent the 2019 season working in private business, was Washington’s co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach in 2017 and 2018. The Huskies won 10 games in each of Lubick’s two seasons, with appearances in the Rose and Fiesta Bowls. Washington also won the Pac-12 Championship in 2018.

Washington ranked in the top 25 nationally in first downs, completion percentage and third down conversions in each of his two seasons as co-offensive coordinator. In 2017, the Huskies ranked second nationally in completion percentage and were 17th in the country in scoring. Wide receiver/punt returner Dante Pettis was a 2017 consensus first-team All-American, when he caught a career-high 63 passes. The next year, Aaron Fuller had a career-high 874 receiving yards. Both Pettis and Fuller rank in the top 10 on Washington’s all-time receiving charts.”

And finally, here’s what they say about Matt Lubick at Washington Huskies via Huskers.coms. I definitely see why 24/7 lists him in the Top 20 assistant hires (Top 15). Hopefully he does well for us too. The last time him and Frost coached together, they done awesome. GBR

No clue, I was just posting everything about the man that it shows in his coaching career...It didn’t matter to me what truhusker posted or not. If anything, then I guess me and truhusker are agreeing then ;) I’m just trying to get out every about the man. That’s all, I have no axe to grind other then showing Lubick was a solid hire.

ha ha ha ha

You straight up quoted his post. So clearly you care and you absolutely have a clue as to what he wrote or you wouldn't have quoted his post.

By all means praise the accolades of Matt Lubick if you want to. I just find it strange that you quoted his post, and basically repeated everything he wrote in his post, AND replied to specifics in his post. Now you're saying it didn't matter what he posted?

Be Mr. Positive, Mr Kool Aid, or whatever you want, just don't pretend you don't know what posts you are replying to and don't act like you didn't read them. To quote you from another thread "you're better than that".

ha ha ha ha

You straight up quoted his post. So clearly you care and you absolutely have a clue as to what he wrote or you wouldn't have quoted his post.

By all means praise the accolades of Matt Lubick if you want to. I just find it strange that you quoted his post, and basically repeated everything he wrote in his post, AND replied to specifics in his post. Now you're saying it didn't matter what he posted?

Be Mr. Positive, Mr Kool Aid, or whatever you want, just don't pretend you don't know what posts you are replying to and don't act like you didn't read them. To quote you from another thread "you're better than that".

I will and thanks my man. Saying someone is to positive is like saying someone has to much money...lol. I have to admit, I have never been looked down on before for being to positive. Only on this message board with some of you guys does that happen...lmfao.

Myself, I feel Matt Lubick is a great hire and I have seen nothing but good things about the man. I’ll admit, I skimmed truhuskers post. The man usually trolls me so i didn’t read everything. I just went on my way with posting all his accomplishments throughout his coaching career. GBR

Edited...and apparently 24/7 agrees that Matt Lubick was a great hire...so I have that going for me on this subject. So it’s not just me and my kool-Aid chugging ways. ;)

Last edited:
I’d have to guess, that might be why Matt Lubick was only at Washington for a short period of time before leaving them. At every other power 5 team he coached at, he’s had success and has turned in great WR results while there.

The last time Lubick and Frost coached together they had back to back Top 10 offenses in the country (the one year they had the TOP ranked rushing attack). He’s done good at CSU, Ole Miss, ASU, Duke, Oregon and Baylor. So assuming the Washington gig didn’t go well, that’s not a bad run, doing good at 6 of your last 7 power 5 gigs? Here’s 24/7 run down on Matt Lubick and some of the players he’s recruited personally. He’s a solid hire for our WRs. Just my opinion...

Edited: it appears Washington, while Lubick was there, was actually better, not worse.

With Matt Lubick...
Jake Browning 68.5%, 2719 yards and 19 TDs and 5 INTs

After Lubick left....
Jake Browning 64.9%, 3192 yards and 16 TDs and 10 INTs.

So I’d argue Lubick actually made Washington better, not exactly worse. You can see the numbers per Browning got actually worse after Lubick left. I do remember hearing the Washington fans claiming Lubick hated recruiting but no offense, this is after he left Washington and of course they’d claim that. And being fair, I don’t think any coach actually likes recruiting. It’s a dirty job and a lot of crap goes on behind the scenes.

https://247sports.com/coach/Matt-Lubick-455/

I think you have your dates wrong. Jake Browning had his best year his second season starting as a sophomore.in 2016. UW was 12-2 that year and Jake had a passer rating of 167.5 that year. It went down the next two years which are when Lubick was at UW. Someone mentioned correctly that Matt was the OC/WR coach while with the Dawgs.

Here is what was written on a Husky site when he left Petersen's staff,

"The lack of a strong pass game to balance out what Myles Gaskin and the rest of the running backs had done this season had become a bit of a sore spot with Washington fans, as Jake Browning's production dropped off to the point where the numbers from his final two years were down substantially from his first two years. And while it appeared like Lubick was recruiting the receiver position well the past couple of seasons, the production and development never really panned out. Only one player of his heralded 2018 receivers class played at all this past season - Trey Lowe - and he only played in two games and never caught a pass"

PS I don't really care what Matt Lubick did or didn't do for U Dub. I hope he is a great coach for the Huskers, but I also want to know the whole story.

Last edited:
I think you have your dates wrong. Jake Browning had his best year his second season starting as a sophomore.in 2016. UW was 12-2 that year and Jake had a passer rating of 167.5 that year. It went down the next two years which are when Lubick was at UW. Someone mentioned correctly that Matt was the OC/WR coach while with the Dawgs.

Here is what was written on a Husky site when he left Petersen's staff,

"The lack of a strong pass game to balance out what Myles Gaskin and the rest of the running backs had done this season had become a bit of a sore spot with Washington fans, as Jake Browning's production dropped off to the point where the numbers from his final two years were down substantially from his first two years. And while it appeared like Lubick was recruiting the receiver position well the past couple of seasons, the production and development never really panned out. Only one player of his heralded 2018 receivers class played at all this past season - Trey Lowe - and he only played in two games and never caught a pass"

PS I don't really care what Matt Lubick did or didn't do for U Dub. I hope he is a great coach for the Huskers, but I also want to know the whole story.

Yeah I’m bit lost on the whole Washington thing, at first it sounded like he was there one year and then it sounded like he was there couple years. And I agree, even if he was up and down at Washington, he’s done solid at most other places he coached at and even 24/7 thinks he’s solid coach and hire. One thing is constant, he’s a proven WR coach and player developer. And im with you, hopefully him and Frost continue where they left off at Oregon.

It’s not the OC part of it that’s going to be the biggest difference, it’s his player development at WR and how precious he is in the little and big things that will make the difference. He will get the most out of our WRs for sure and he can give his info and insight to Frost about plays and so on during the game. Matt Lubick has more then shown he is a huge WR developer at CSU, Duke, Oregon and Washington. He’s won the assistant of the year award at least once or twice and has been runner up several times too.
Exactly what I was thinking. The WR performance wasn't up to snuff. We'll see if Lubick can do it but that group needs a lot of work. Shocked that Walters didn't have them performing better. I was hugely disappointed that Walters couldn't get more out of those speedy JUCO WRs in the first year.

BUT realistically, yes the QB (Martinez) also needs to be much better than last year.

ha ha ha ha

I will call this out now, I never directly quoted him, I quoted the Wikipedia Information given about Matt Lubick. As you see in his post, he didn’t have any direct links on his post you can click on and my post had direct links in the posts. Like i said, I copied and pasted information straight from Wikipedia itself, nothing from his post. So that part is simply guessed by you.

Like I said, I didn’t even read what he posted (I did skim a little at first and that’s it) because usually him and I never see eye to eye and I was trying to avoid another internet fight. I wouldn’t have copied that Duke info from Wikipedia if I’d seen he posted the same thing. What’s the point of posting the same thing twice??? Two: I covered every single place he coached at, not only the Duke and Oregon jobs. So no, I didn’t care what he said (never do anymore) and just like I said, again, I didn’t even read what he posted. Now that is cleared up....we can officially move on (more so I can).

Last edited:
You quoted his post. You can say you didn’t read it or whatever, but you copied his post And replied directly to it.

I will call this out now, I never directly quoted him, I quoted the Wikipedia Information given about Matt Lubick. As you see in his post, he didn’t have any direct links on his post you can click on and my post had direct links in the posts. Like i said, I copied and pasted information straight from Wikipedia itself, nothing from his post. So that part is simply guessed by you.

Like I said, I didn’t even read what he posted (I did skim a little at first and that’s it) because usually him and I never see eye to eye and I was trying to avoid another internet fight. I wouldn’t have copied that Duke info from Wikipedia if I’d seen he posted the same thing. What’s the point of posting the same thing twice??? Two: I covered every single place he coached at, not only the Duke and Oregon jobs. So no, I didn’t care what he said (never do anymore) and just like I said, again, I didn’t even read what he posted. Now that is cleared up....we can officially move on (more so I can).

You quoted his post. You can say you didn’t read it or whatever, but you copied his post And replied directly to it.

As far as what I did here with yours, just Now, yes. Outside that, I didn’t take a single thing from his post. That’s what I meant. Like said, I didn’t even realize till you said something that he had anything about Lubicks Duke job in his post. Why post the same thing back to back times? That’s just stupid. It happened because one of us (ME) didn’t even read his post and I’ll admit, I should have.

Last edited:
Not looking for a fight here. As I said, I have taken some time off from posting and it has been healthy. Take a month or so and just read this forum, don't reply and some of it will make you shake your head.

Salts - I did include links so I have no clue what you are saying about me not supplying them. I gave a link and said where I gathered the information as my source. Not sure how much more transparent that could be.

There was misinformation in previous posts I wanted to clarify. It is OK to have an opinion, we all have them, but to incorrectly state information needs to be called out. I, for one, appreciate when people point out information that proves my point incorrect - that is much different than an opinion. One of those statements was concerning winning assistant coach of the year at least once which he did not. He was at Ole Miss and Baylor for a total of three months and not during the season so he could not have "done good" as stated. My post simply clarifies some things that were said in previous posts that were incorrect. If you cannot handle that, then I guess you should be more careful about what you propose to be facts. Just because you think something to be a certain way does not mean it to be true. Oh and it is 247sports not 24/7 and did you ever notice that the bio on every coach makes them all look like coaches of year? What do you expect them to say?

Have a blessed day, I will go back to being an informed viewer and supporter of excellence on the field.

Go back to your post above, do you see any direct links in that post ( I mean in your post, not at the bottom of the page where you added a link) they are in red letters while all the other words are in black? Yours doesn’t have that. Then go down to mine, mine has several words/names that are in red (direct links)....so no, sorry my man. Like just now, I barely skim what you posted and then I respond. I promised everyone on here I’d try hard and avoid fighting on here and I’m trying to do good with that. So guys I know that troll me, I literally ignore to a point. But I can do better and actually read the post before just responding. So that is my bad.

Last edited:
15.) MATT LUBICK, NEBRASKA
9813423.jpg

(Photo: Scott Olmos, USA TODAY Sports)

Reunited with Nebraska head coach Scott Frostafter previously connecting at Oregon from 2013-15, offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach Matt Lubick looks to help elevate a talented but untapped Huskers offense in 2019. With the Ducks, Frost was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach while Lubick complemented as the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach. When Frost left to become UCF's head coach from 2016-17, Lubick took over as Oregon's offensive coordinator in 2016. Lubick joined Washington's staff as co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach from 2017-18 before spending 2019 in the private sector of business. Exactly how much of an impact Lubick has on a Frost-driven offense remains to be seen, but the pair's previous chemistry and familiarity surely helps.

Making a attempt to get this back on track as it got side tracked between a couple guys that don’t see eye to eye (Truhusker and MYSELF).

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...k-Ciarrocca-Penn-State-148498805/#148498805_5

I guess we’ll see if Frost has better luck than Pelini with hiring friends as assistants.

I guess we’ll see if Frost has better luck than Pelini with hiring friends as assistants.

I definitely get your point on him bringing most of his staff with him from UCF but Matt Lubick is a little different. Dudes a proven WR coach and they had previous success together (and elite success at that). Do you feel the Matt Lubick hire was a bad idea? On Twitter it seems everyone loves this hire and feels we will see progress in the WR room for sure but on this board, for some reason, there seems to be a few of you guys that are doubting the hire.

Edited: and I won’t judge and won’t argue it, I am just curious what you truly think, I’m just a little surprised with some of the responses I’m getting here with the Matt Lubick hire. Again, on Twitter and everything I have seen there, this Lubick hire is big and most our Husker fans I see on Twitter love the hire.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
I definitely get your point on him bringing most of his staff with him from UCF but Matt Lubick is a little different. Dudes a proven WR coach and they had previous success together (and elite success at that). Do you feel the Matt Lubick hire was a bad idea? On Twitter it seems everyone loves this hire and feels we will see progress in the WR room for sure but on this board, for some reason, there seems to be a few of you guys that are doubting the hire.

Edited: and I won’t judge and won’t argue it, I am just curious what you truly think, I’m just a little surprised with some of the responses I’m getting here with the Matt Lubick hire. Again, on Twitter and everything I have seen there, this Lubick hire is big and most our Husker fans I see on Twitter love the hire.
He was out of football when he was hired. I guess that raises an eyebrow for me.

He was out of football when he was hired. I guess that raises an eyebrow for me.
That doesn't bother me at all. Was he supposed to take the first coaching job that opened up just to keep his toe in the water? He took a high paying banking job from a buddy and I'm sure played a lot of golf. I'm very happy with the hire. Hopefully the results from his WRs justifies my giddiness.Winking

Like many things on this board, the intent of some posts gets lost. While some are uncertain if Lubick is a good pick as OC/WR I really don't care. I don't know the guy and I certainly don't get infatuated with fluffy news articles that are all inspiring by nature. Frost will be the one responsible to make the call of Lubick's abilities, not any of us on this board.

That said, my post was to correct some of the things that were said that were totally inaccurate. Of course, these were not understood for whatever reason and turned into the usual accusations of I don't support the program, I don't like the hire, yadda yadda. I am a results oriented person and Lubick will have a lot of expectations placed on him, that is part of the job. He was NEVER assistant coach of the year once, much less more than once. He was WR coach of the year by a single publication. He didn't coach at two schools he was mentioned as doing "good" at.

So there ya go, be giddy all you want, it doesn't matter and won't amount to a pimple on an elephants hide. He has to produce and get the job done so let the excuses begin about the past coaches didn't prepare the WR's and they are all young. Rinse and repeat.

You do have to wonder why Frost brought everyone with him only to jettison a couple after some struggles. So who made those bad calls? Guess

Like many things on this board, the intent of some posts gets lost. While some are uncertain if Lubick is a good pick as OC/WR I really don't care. I don't know the guy and I certainly don't get infatuated with fluffy news articles that are all inspiring by nature. Frost will be the one responsible to make the call of Lubick's abilities, not any of us on this board.

That said, my post was to correct some of the things that were said that were totally inaccurate. Of course, these were not understood for whatever reason and turned into the usual accusations of I don't support the program, I don't like the hire, yadda yadda. I am a results oriented person and Lubick will have a lot of expectations placed on him, that is part of the job. He was NEVER assistant coach of the year once, much less more than once. He was WR coach of the year by a single publication. He didn't coach at two schools he was mentioned as doing "good" at.

So there ya go, be giddy all you want, it doesn't matter and won't amount to a pimple on an elephants hide. He has to produce and get the job done so let the excuses begin about the past coaches didn't prepare the WR's and they are all young. Rinse and repeat.

You do have to wonder why Frost brought everyone with him only to jettison a couple after some struggles. So who made those bad calls? Guess

So as far as intent goes... this doesn’t seem to be just to correct things. What is your intention here? Certainly not just to correct some errors...

ADVERTISEMENT