ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Davison

Really trashing Riley right now. Doesn't mention his name, but is totally blasting how far we have sunk in three years. Pulling no punches.
He deserves it. Matt said something to the effect that he was tired of watching this crap and then apologized for saying crap. No Matt, it's fine. Crap is actually nicer than what he should have said. This was the 3rd time this year NU has given up 42 points in a half.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...
Many people do not comprehend just how awful mike Riley and this staff is. Some of the comments I see on this board prove it. It's mostly the butthurt coalition, but still.
It is so freaking bad. A nuke has been dropped on husker football, and that nuke is nicknamed mike Riley, dropped by the Shawn "Enola Gay" eichorst.
This is by far, without a doubt, the worst coaching job of any staff in college football his season. And that is not hyperbole.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...
Many people do not comprehend just how awful mike Riley and this staff is. Some of the comments I see on this board prove it. It's mostly the butthurt coalition, but still.
It is so freaking bad. A nuke has been dropped on husker football, and that nuke is nicknamed mike Riley, dropped by the Shawn "Enola Gay" eichorst.
This is by far, without a doubt, the worst coaching job of any staff in college football his season. And that is not hyperbole.

This is well said. Riley and his band of idiots are beyond awful. They deserve only what Nebraska is legally required to give them. I only hope it doesn't take too long to unwind the devastation these losers dropped on NU.

No offense to Matt but this should not be tolerated by the University. Can’t have our own announcers trashing our own program. Time to remove Matt from the teet.

Reactions: trwebe
No offense to Matt but this should not be tolerated by the University. Can’t have our own announcers trashing our own program. Time to remove Matt from the teet.
He's echoing the fanbase.
You simply can't pretend all is well. You can only do that so long. People will change the dial and you will lose all credibility.

Davison is passionate about this program just like others who have gone through it. He said this program was not in the dumps 3 years ago when a change was made and he would take a coach who wins 66% of the games compared to what he sees now.
As far as high football in Nebraska, he is right there are good football players in this state and they can play big time college football, but for some reason they are allowed to get out of the state and go to schools in our conference who then come back and bite us right in the butt. We need to keep Nebraska kids in state.

Oh cry me a river! Better go back to your safe space. We just got hammered at home by 42 points to a very mediocre team! What do you expect?

Yep........that makes a lot of sense. AD should get rid of a Nebraska hero that is echoing what 99% of the fans think. He should instead support Mike Riley and lobby for an extension of his contract. Do you ever think that maybe Matt is doing exactly what Moos wants and can't do himself? It makes it a lot easier for Moos to do what is necessary when everyone is telling him to do it.

Too much
I dare any of you nameless posters to go ask a Husker player why did you keep quitting in games

Did you watch the game ?

They were hustling to the ball , they were blocking hard , they still had first team players in there trying to stop iowa and trying to score offensively . No way do these kids quit

He was simply stating the obvious about where we are at.

I appreciate having a commentator that is honest in his assessments. I don't want some Baghdad Bob character spreading propaganda for the Huskers.

Too much
I dare any of you nameless posters to go ask a Husker player why did you keep quitting in games

Did you watch the game ?

They were hustling to the ball , they were blocking hard , they still had first team players in there trying to stop iowa and trying to score offensively . No way do these kids quit

You must be blind. That team was full of quit yesterday. That team was full of quit vs OSU, vs Minnesota, vs every other team that waxed that ass. People act like this team had heart and "fought til the end" because teams like Oregon and PSU knew they had the game in the bag by halftime and gave up some points in the 2nd half.

My goodness. He wasn't trashing the program, but what these coaches have done TO the program you claim to support. Anyone who loves this program would feel the same. But you don't feel the same. Calls into question whether you post on here out of love for the program. Seems more likely that you are a troll poster who comes on here just to gain attention by posting nonsense hoping to get a reaction.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Davison is now praising our fans for their loyalty despite this shitfest. And he is correct. Our fans are great and I don't care what some on here say.

And my opinion is different. We all know Riley was done and getting fired and we still had some “so called” fans refuse to go watch the team play because of a HC that was going to be fired. It should have been more then the HC, about our Huskers. True fans don’t care if we go 1-11 or 12-0, we still go root for our team. That equals great fans, the best fans. Not the ones who claim they arena great fan but say “I’m not going”, “I’m not watching this mess because of Riley”....sorry that does NOT equal “Greatest Fans”. But tell yourself different, what ever makes you feel better. Riley has been fired. I don’t care if it’s Frost or whomever. Moos needs to hire a great coach this time. Because we can’t afford another bad hire, another “let’s roll the dice and hope” hire. Needs to be a for sure thing this time.

And my opinion is different. We all know Riley was done and getting fired and we still had some “so called” fans refuse to go watch the team play because of a HC that was going to be fired. It should have been more then the HC, about our Huskers. True fans don’t care if we go 1-11 or 12-0, we still go root for our team. That equals great fans, the best fans. Not the ones who claim the a great fan but say “I’m not going”, “I’m not watching this mess because of Riley”....sorry that does NOT equal “Greatest Fans”. But tell yourself different, what ever makes you feel better. Riley has been fired. I don’t care if it’s Frost or whomever. Moos needs to hire a great coach this time. Because we can’t afford another bad hire, another “let’s roll the dice and hope” hire. Needs to be a for sure thing this time.
Huh? The last I checked that stadium was sold out again yesterday with very few empty seats. Any other fan base and it would have had a lot more empty seats.

And my opinion is different. We all know Riley was done and getting fired and we still had some “so called” fans refuse to go watch the team play because of a HC that was going to be fired. It should have been more then the HC, about our Huskers. True fans don’t care if we go 1-11 or 12-0, we still go root for our team. That equals great fans, the best fans. Not the ones who claim they arena great fan but say “I’m not going”, “I’m not watching this mess because of Riley”....sorry that does NOT equal “Greatest Fans”. But tell yourself different, what ever makes you feel better. Riley has been fired. I don’t care if it’s Frost or whomever. Moos needs to hire a great coach this time. Because we can’t afford another bad hire, another “let’s roll the dice and hope” hire. Needs to be a for sure thing this time.

Too much

Did you watch the game ?

The players quit, plain and simple. They were just like their coach. No fire, no passion. This team gave up long before yesterday.

Reactions: SC_'sker
I was at the game, Stadium was full, I think u need to get your facts straight.
Not even close to full. I was there and we had probably roughly 10% of our seats empty in our section and probably a third of the full ones had Iowa fans in them. Lots of black and gold in the seats.

The players quit, plain and simple. They were just like their coach. No fire, no passion. This team gave up long before yesterday.

I saw defensive players yesterday stand in place and not help their teammates who were tackling a Iowa player. The new coach is going to have to review a lot of game film to see who they want to play. This is kind of a generalization, but I think the local kids kept playing hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT