ADVERTISEMENT

Matt "Bo Pelini Jr" Campbell would likely be very average in the B1G

We have lost one conference game so far. We are in pretty good shape to accomplish the goal.
Everyone knows it’s the OU & Texas conference, no matter the illusions before OU has given Ok St it’s annual spanking. When you still haven’t played them, nothing is in good shape.

makes me miss being in a weak conference

Reactions: dinglefritz
The difference between Matt Campbell an Bo Pelini: Bo Pelini beat Iowa more often than not. Matt Campbell has yet to win against Iowa.

Everyone knows it’s the OU & Texas conference, no matter the illusions before OU has given Ok St it’s annual spanking. When you still haven’t played them, nothing is in good shape.

makes me miss being in a weak conference
LOL!! Texas hasn’t been relevant since about the time Neb ran away. We have no issues playing in Norman. Heck, you guys played them close there so we should be able to handle them.

• Haha
Reactions: pharvey0829
And again we wonder why Iowa St fan hangs around this site. There is a thread devoted to their coach, for absolutely no reason. Why would they not reply?

Matt Campbell is never going to be the coach at Nebraska. He wasn't ever going to be considered and I would guess he would have zero interest in coming to Lincoln. At this point in time, like it or not, it would be a lesser job. If he leaves Iowa St, on his own accord, it will be to a job that is more relevant than Iowa St. That isn't Nebraska right now.

But hey let's sit around on our computers and pretend we are in a better position than they are because, well we are in the Big 10.

Reactions: dinglefritz
LOL!! Texas hasn’t been relevant since about the time Neb ran away. We have no issues playing in Norman. Heck, you guys played them close there so we should be able to handle them.
which one of those teams does Matt Campbell have a winning record against?

And again we wonder why Iowa St fan hangs around this site. There is a thread devoted to their coach, for absolutely no reason. Why would they not reply?

Matt Campbell is never going to be the coach at Nebraska. He wasn't ever going to be considered and I would guess he would have zero interest in coming to Lincoln. At this point in time, like it or not, it would be a lesser job. If he leaves Iowa St, on his own accord, it will be to a job that is more relevant than Iowa St. That isn't Nebraska right now.

But hey let's sit around on our computers and pretend we are in a better position than they are because, well we are in the Big 10.
FINANCIALLY we ARE in a better position. That's about it though.

Reactions: scarletred

it must be such a burden being the bastion of truth and justice on an internet message board. you all have been warned, no more discussion about popular coaching candidates.

thank you for your service, officer.

which one of those teams does Matt Campbell have a winning record against?
He has a two game winning streak against Texas and is 2-3 against OU in the last 5 games. Since it took a few years to start building the program, he is doing just fine against those teams. He is a missed 2 pt conversion away from going for a 3rd straight win in Norman.

He has a two game winning streak against Texas and is 2-3 against OU in the last 5 games. Since it took a few years to start building the program, he is doing just fine against those teams. He is a missed 2 pt conversion away from going for a 3rd straight win in Norman.
lot of words to just say "neither"

how many 2 point conversions away from beating Iowa is he?

it must be such a burden being the bastion of truth and justice on an internet message board. you all have been warned, no more discussion about popular coaching candidates.

thank you for your service, officer.
Did I hurt your feelings? Popular coaching candidates for who?

Did I hurt your feelings? Popular coaching candidates for who?
he says after crying about my post topic lmao

do you even like Nebraska football? can't say I've ever seen one of your rants that wasn't thinly veiled whining. which is okay, need a negative Nancy to balance out the koolaid, just wondering why you get so emotional in every thread.

LOL!! Who cares? We aren’t worried about Iowa. They are in your conference so you should worry about them.
who's we? you play/coach for Iowa State?

"It means something. It's an incredible rivalry. It's special for this state. It's special for these two universities."
- bo pelini jr

Last edited:

do you even like Nebraska football? can't say I've ever seen one of your rants that wasn't thinly veiled whining. which is okay, need a negative Nancy to balance out the koolaid, just wondering why you get so emotional in every thread.

"It means something. It's an incredible rivalry. It's special for this state. It's special for these two universities."
- bo pelini jr
I am a Cyclone, sport

- bo pelini jr
You haven't been around long enough to read all the complaints about fans from other teams on this board. So my reply was more about that than giving a rats fat ass what you have to say about anything.

I am honored that you are researching my post history and taking notes on my replies.

I am a Cyclone sport
like this?

1991GMCSyclone.jpg

that's pretty cool. never met one of y'all in person. never talked to a 90's sport truck period, but here I am.

You haven't been around long enough
holy cringe, he brought up his message board seniority. you must get talked over a lot in social settings.

like this?

holy cringe, he brought up his message board seniority. you must get talked over a lot in social settings.
You're a clown, You actually stated in a post that you have football credibility because you played high school football with Phillip Dillard. Getting drug around on the coattails of others appears to be what you are good at.

Wearing that letter jacket at age 35 while selling women's shoes at Dillards, talking about the glory days with anyone who will still listen. You start every conversation with, "hey do you remember Phillip Dillard? You know, I played ball with him in high school. "

love how you went from this:
I am honored that you are researching my post history and taking notes on my replies.
to this:
You actually stated in a post that you have football credibility because you played high school football with Phillip Dillard.

learn to control your emotions, it'll help you seem more approachable. not healthy to get so worked up at your message board politics. clean your room too lol

Texas is more relevant than ISU ever thought about being. People talk more about Texas with 3 losses than an undefeated ISU would garner. Just stop. No one outside of Ames gives a **** about the clones.

Reactions: glaciersx
I have no idea if Matt Campbell would win enough here to satisfy most - with very few exceptions coaching hires are a gamble - regardless I don’t think he would leave ISU for NU if offered

however, a basic question:

with the facilities, history, increased budget, fans etc should it be easier to win at NU vs ISU??

I have no idea if Matt Campbell would win enough here to satisfy most - with very few exceptions coaching hires are a gamble - regardless I don’t think he would leave ISU for NU if offered

however, a basic question:

with the facilities, history, increased budget, fans etc should it be easier to win at NU vs ISU??
nope, Nebraska is a way tougher conference to win games in. ISU's success is because they play pseudo-B1G style football in a soft conference.

remember when Harbaugh bullied the Pac-10 because he dared to play smash mouth football? he turned Stanford into a team that won 3 games a year into a conference champion in 4 years.

look at Harbaugh now. no conference championship appearances, 3-8 record against their two rivals, and 1-4 in bowl games. gone are the days where his style of play is a novelty, because everyone is used to slugfests in this conference.

you remove Texas & Oklahoma, and the Big 12 is a G5 conference. the two toughest games Oklahoma State played before Iowa State were their near losses to Tulsa and Boise State

Texas is more relevant than ISU ever thought about being. People talk more about Texas with 3 losses than an undefeated ISU would garner. Just stop. No one outside of Ames gives a **** about the clones.
Of course you know that isn’t true. I get it, you are lashing out because of your team’s struggles. Frustration manifests itself in many ways. Let’s see how relevant Texas is when the CFP rankings come out next Tuesday. I am sure they will be on everyone’s mind and discussed in great detail. LOL!!

nope, Nebraska is a way tougher conference to win games in. ISU's success is because they play pseudo-B1G style football in a soft conference.

remember when Harbaugh bullied the Pac-10 because he dared to play smash mouth football? he turned Stanford into a team that won 3 games a year into a conference champion in 4 years.

look at Harbaugh now. no conference championship appearances, 3-8 record against their two rivals, and 1-4 in bowl games. gone are the days where his style of play is a novelty, because everyone is used to slugfests in this conference.

you remove Texas & Oklahoma, and the Big 12 is a G5 conference. the two toughest games Oklahoma State played before Iowa State were their near losses to Tulsa and Boise State
LOL! You remove OU & UT, and bring in Cincy, BYU, and Hou, and the conference gets stronger in football.

• Haha
Reactions: glaciersx
Of course you know that isn’t true. I get it, you are lashing out because of your team’s struggles. Frustration manifests itself in many ways. Let’s see how relevant Texas is when the CFP rankings come out next Tuesday. I am sure they will be on everyone’s mind and discussed in great detail. LOL!!
Not lashing out, just giving truth and really no one gives a **** about ISU

Says the guy posting in a 3 page thread with Matt Campbell in the title. Sure thing sport…..spin away
Why is it that every time ISU has a coach with a pulse the dominant conversation is where his next job will be? It's not just Nebraska fans discussing it. Again, I'll give ISU every accolade for what they're doing under Campbell. It's impressive and as a Nebraska fan I'm envious. See, it doesn't hurt to acknowledge reality. Iowa State is killing it, but it's still Iowa State.

Reactions: WHCSC
Again, I don’t know how good of a coach he is but his work at Iowa State has him on the short list of some pretty high profile jobs including the nfl

conversely if coach frost had posted similar results here I doubt very much if he would be in the discussion for the same opportunities.

true or not Iowa state is viewed as a much tougher place to win

I realize that strength of schedule rankings are all over the place but in these rankings - this is the only year since Frost took over that Nebraska has had a tougher SOS than ISU

Strength of schedule.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
Why is it that every time ISU has a coach with a pulse the dominant conversation is where his next job will be? It's not just Nebraska fans discussing it. Again, I'll give ISU every accolade for what they're doing under Campbell. It's impressive and as a Nebraska fan I'm envious. See, it doesn't hurt to acknowledge reality. Iowa State is killing it, but it's still Iowa State.
It is not your same Iowa State, and Neb fans would know that if they hadn’t disappeared a decade ago. $200M+ in facility upgrades have changed that narrative. You guys just focus on when ISU was Neb’s bitch pretty much every year, but those days disappeared over a generation ago and you still think you’re in that era. You are fortunate that Neb isn’t currently on ISU’s schedule.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
It is not your same Iowa State, and Neb fans would know that if they hadn’t disappeared a decade ago. $200M+ in facility upgrades have changed that narrative. You guys just focus on when ISU was Neb’s bitch pretty much every year, but those days disappeared over a generation ago and you still think you’re in that era. You are fortunate that Neb isn’t currently on ISU’s schedule.
It is the same Iowa St. When Campbell leaves, and he will, you have to hope Iowa St gets a coach that will maintain the level they are at currently. Facility upgrades don't change the narrative, everyone has facilities these days.

You think that because you spent a few bucks on facilities that it changes 100 years of futility, but it doesn't. Your level of excellence appears to be 8 and 9 win seasons. That right there says the narrative isn't changing.

Again, you better hope the next guy is as good as Campbell, or you will be back the 5, 6, 7 win seasons, hoping for a bowl game.

It is the same Iowa St. When Campbell leaves, and he will, you have to hope Iowa St gets a coach that will maintain the level they are at currently. Facility upgrades don't change the narrative, everyone has facilities these days.

You think that because you spent a few bucks on facilities that it changes 100 years of futility, but it doesn't. Your level of excellence appears to be 8 and 9 win seasons. That right there says the narrative isn't changing.

Again, you better hope the next guy is as good as Campbell, or you will be back the 5, 6, 7 win seasons, hoping for a bowl game.
Neb had their days just like Army did in the 40s. Everything changes and you are naive if don’t believe it. ISU is trending up and will continue that way, but I can understand the frustration that other programs experience. Their fans pray for things like coaches leaving because it allows them to sleep at night knowing their own staff and program are a bit of a dumpster fire. Good luck the rest of the way.

Neb had their days just like Army did in the 40s. Everything changes and you are naive if don’t believe it. ISU is trending up and will continue that way, but I can understand the frustration that other programs experience. Their fans pray for things like coaches leaving because it allows them to sleep at night knowing their own staff and program are a bit of a dumpster fire. Good luck the rest of the way.
It's pretty easy to trend up when you've been the doormat for so long. Congrats on having Campbell make you look decent for a few years. He'll soon move on to a big boy school and you'll be back to what you really are.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT