ADVERTISEMENT

Mathis leaning toward the draft

I suppose one could look at it as a kid consulting a trusted coach about a big decision. The kid doesn’t know Rhule.
Totally. No reason to go to a coach he just met yesterday.

My point was more about why Mickey may not be a guy Rhule wants. On paper, yes, the guy has everything you want. But there is the potential for him to divide the locker room when rough patches happen.

I spent most of the year scratching my head about "Where is Mathis???". Guy made me a believer before the season started. It's too bad he didn't show up until Iowa. That said, hoping the best for him!

My point was more about why Mickey may not be a guy Rhule wants. On paper, yes, the guy has everything you want. But there is the potential for him to divide the locker room when rough patches happen.
and the fan base

Reactions: GretnaShawn
We don't win the Iowa game without him.....other than that stand out game I sttuggle to think where he dominated consistently, tbough I know he was double teamed a lot. Bottom line though we need this guy to come back IMO....sure hope his decision is to return.
Maybe he's using for leverage on nil??

• Haha
Reactions: huntered

i get it, but give Mickey more credit. Dude seems way smarter than to allow himself to divide a locker room. It would be career suicide. He would be outwardly and enthusiastically 100% behind Rhule‘s decisions, IMO.

Had trouble getting off the block against Big Ten tackles, doesn't cover real well, I look at him as kind of a tweaner in the NFL. He may stick somewhere, but I doubt he gets drafted.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Why would Sean Callahan post that anyway? Moms will be mom's but gtfo of social media with that delusion. NFL teams will run from Mama's boys and meddling parents. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Reactions: leodisflowers
Mr. Invisible.
Universal GIF by The Invisible Man
I'm not sure that fair. Certainly was disappointing, but so was just about everything else with this team.

Dude did draw a lot of doubles.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He started to play pretty well at the end of the year. Kid has good bend and I think just needs another year of good coaching. I think he has some good tools, just needs a bit more development before heading to the NFL. He has good size, speed, bend on the rush, etc. Coaching will go a long way for him. Needs to just develop a some more rush moves and explosiveness when attacking the lineman.

I'm not sure that fair. Certainly was disappointing, but so was just about everything else with this team.

Dude did draw a lot of doubles.
Not that I don't want to be fair, but considering the hype I think he was pretty invisible. 3.5 sacks? I think we all would have hoped for more when he signed. I blame Chinander more than him, prior to Busch we did almost nothing to help bring pressure or confuse the pass blocking. I could see him having a big year if he does comes back.

Not that I don't want to be fair, but considering the hype I think he was pretty invisible. 3.5 sacks? I think we all would have hoped for more when he signed. I blame Chinander more than him, prior to Busch we did almost nothing to help bring pressure or confuse the pass blocking. I could see him having a big year if he does comes back.
I want the kid to do whatever he thinks is in his best interest, but I agree another year would benefit him. If he has trouble getting around the BIG tackles, he might find that next level just a little bit harder to deal with.

That sounds pretty fair

Reactions: mgbreis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT