ADVERTISEMENT

Mathis leaning toward the draft

Mr. Invisible.
Universal GIF by The Invisible Man

He was probably a mid-round guy at best if he had come out last year. Probably in the same position now.
Yea, depends where you look I've seen him in top 100 on multiple sites. Could definitely use another year but can't imagine his NIL pull will be the same as this year

Seems like his big year at TCU was an outlier not his usual production. Not sure he gets drafted at all or if he does it will be the later rounds. Another stand out year in college he could really rise up the boards with his athletic profile. He would be 24 though so that would work against him as well.

Yeah, I'm sure if the scouts like his measurables he'll have a shot. Good pass rushers always get doubled or chipped but still make plays. We didn't hear his name much.
I kind of wonder how good of shape he was in to start the season after his little free agency road show

Reactions: mgbreis
We don't win the Iowa game without him.....other than that stand out game I sttuggle to think where he dominated consistently, tbough I know he was double teamed a lot. Bottom line though we need this guy to come back IMO....sure hope his decision is to return.

We don't win the Iowa game without him.....other than that stand out game I sttuggle to think where he dominated consistently, tbough I know he was double teamed a lot. Bottom line though we need this guy to come back IMO....sure hope his decision is to return.
No kidding, we definitely want him back!

Seems like his big year at TCU was an outlier not his usual production. Not sure he gets drafted at all or if he does it will be the later rounds. Another stand out year in college he could really rise up the boards with his athletic profile. He would be 24 though so that would work against him as well.
I would actually think that an NFL team would want the more experienced guy on the cheaper rookie contract. Staying the year cuts his career by the same time, but not being in a position to catch on with a team cuts it to zero.

No kidding, we definitely want him back!
He's a nice player. Definitely someone the new staff can work with. I think he probably got some type of draft analysis last year. For OM, risk of staying - gank a knee and career ends before he signs a contract. Risk of declaring - NFL teams not feeling it and he falls out of the draft. Reward of staying - Work with a new staff, have a monster year, lock in a primo draft slot.

The version Nebraska got of Mathis is like the version the Raiders got of Chandler Jones.

Not sure what happened to either of them, but they don't produce much at their new places.

The version Nebraska got of Mathis is like the version the Raiders got of Chandler Jones.

Not sure what happened to either of them, but they don't produce much at their new places.

Physical runningoin the B1G not just throwing it around all the time.

He wasn’t dominant enough for us last year he needs to prove himself more..

ADVERTISEMENT