ADVERTISEMENT

Masry to U La-La

Was in the grade thing? I am assuming we didn't want to chance him not making the grade.

Little confused as to why we didn't keep his offer on the table. Didn't Frost say at one point that they planned to sign 27? Seems like we could have waited for this kid to qualify given we didn't sign 27. Was it a case of the new staff cooling on him or just a miscalculation as to how many others we were going to sign.

Little confused as to why we didn't keep his offer on the table. Didn't Frost say at one point that they planned to sign 27? Seems like we could have waited for this kid to qualify given we didn't sign 27. Was it a case of the new staff cooling on him or just a miscalculation as to how many others we were going to sign.
We have no way of knowing if grades are still a problem.

Reactions: davecisar
His coach said he would qualify. I know Glenn Snodgras would not embellish that.

Hats off to Snodgrass for resurrecting that program
Before he took it over they were a 1-2 win a season patsie
He adapts what he does to his variances in talent- really well

Now they are consistently very competitive- their numbers are very good and they have a very healthy and high participation feeder program he took over

Hats off to Snodgrass for resurrecting that program
Before he took it over they were a 1-2 win a season patsie
He adapts what he does to his variances in talent- really well

Now they are consistently very competitive- their numbers are very good and they have a very healthy and high participation feeder program he took over

However McCook will beat him every year from here on out...

Could we have signed Masry? Sure, but we are over 85 with the current signees. The predicted attrition before August was a multi-page thread a few weeks back. I think grades were a stated reason, but I think the new staff might have used the grade issue to cull him from the commit herd.

However McCook will beat him every year from here on out...
McCook loves their football and its a tough place to play
However Snodgrass really has it going at York- his numbers are very good, he has a stable coaching staff- the guy knows what he is doing

Hopefully lesson learned. You pay attention to studies and you don't have to sign with Louisiana - LaFillet 'O Fish.

Could we have signed Masry? Sure, but we are over 85 with the current signees. The predicted attrition before August was a multi-page thread a few weeks back. I think grades were a stated reason, but I think the new staff might have used the grade issue to cull him from the commit herd.

I don't know .. we needed a DT in this class and went hard after the Williams kid and some others

makes me think:

1) Grades were felt to be too much of gamble ... and/or
2) New staff felt differently about his talent level and felt he didn't warrant a scholarship regardless of grades

Last edited:
Reactions: huck42
Part of it was talent level.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I don't know .. we needed a DT in this class and went hard after the Williams kid and some others

makes me think:

2) New staff felt differently about his talent level and felt he didn't warrant a scholarship regardless of grades

There was a thread back during the season where someone said they didnt understand the offer and thought he wasnt quite scholarship material..

makes me think:

#2 is the right answer.

Reactions: jlb321
Don't some of these mid major schools have lower grade requirements than the big 10

Each school sets it's own admission requirements and can basically admit anyone they want. The NCAA eligibility center has some GPA/ Test Score requirements, but if a kid can meet those he will get into Nebraska, if they want him.

As I said in January when the talk was he was no longer coming to Nebraska, it had less to do with academics and more to do with Frost not wanting him in the class. Snodgrass said then as he is saying now, that Mapieu will be eligible.

big body but when i watched lazy and would take plays off. we already have enough of them so don't need another one.

There was a thread back during the season where someone said they didnt understand the offer and thought he wasnt quite scholarship material..

Yup that was me. It was before husker football had even started after I watched his first game of the year at elkhorn south.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT