ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Scott III

but can he run the football though?
LP never lifted a weight until he got here. We need football players with football skills. Hopefully he has those as well.

well he was a mid level 3 star RB out of Florida area...I’d have to guess he does. Sure, he may not, at the moment, have S. Morrison Type of talent or skills but he’s already got Power 5 level size and strength.

Last edited:
well he was a mid level 3 star RB out of Florida area...I’d have to guess he does. Sure, he may not, at the moment, have S. Morrison Type of talent or skills but he’s already got Power 5 level size and strength.
If Scott 3 has a nose for openings, he’ll be fine. Kid is a competitive weightlifter and is already strength training at an advanced level. Film is nice. He gets North/South in a hurry and has a knack for staying upright.

I'm just pleased that he's physically ready to go now. Oh, and he should probably move delts up to 2 days a week, they aren't quite up to snuff.

Whats sad is stuff like this is the normal for most college football teams. Unfortunately MR came and pussified this team. Glad to see we are getting back to where we should be again as far as the S&C. Now the bigger question is, can we use this speed, athleticism, and muscle to start piss pounding the BIG10. I'm tired of the rah rah, hype, pics and videos every off season. Lets take it to the field and start getting results.

Whats sad is stuff like this is the normal for most college football teams. Unfortunately MR came and pussified this team. Glad to see we are getting back to where we should be again as far as the S&C. Now the bigger question is, can we use this speed, athleticism, and muscle to start piss pounding the BIG10. I'm tired of the rah rah, hype, pics and videos every off season. Lets take it to the field and start getting results.
I don’t think this guy is an example of our strength and conditioning program. I think he came in looking like this.

I want to believe this is the season where we go balls to the wall, no saving kids for the future. If someone can play get them on the field.

Reactions: jeans15
I want to believe this is the season where we go balls to the wall, no saving kids for the future. If someone can play get them on the field.

Agree.
Its dumb not to play everyone now with the new rules

All a redshirt does is increase the likelihood of a transfer.

Play every player on scholarship unless they are injured or are just way to undersized for their position currently.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgbreis
I think we need an All Mirror Picture team

Show me

Don't think that'll happen this year other than brand new freshman. That's why they did that last year.

Don't think that'll happen this year other than brand new freshman. That's why they did that last year.
I'm not so sure. There were guys that would have helped last year, but I get not playing them. This year - I think Frost knows he really needs to win. Not to keep his job, that's not the issue. The issue is I'm sure he's as sick of losing as we are. And there's a real danger of a toxic program with another sub .500 season. It needs to be all hands on deck.

Reactions: husker2612
I think I read we have 33 upperclassmen on scholarship, 13 of them are the staffs jucos, plus the few from their first class that didnt redshirt as juniors now.
That leaves 20 non SF recruits, if I remember correctly. We essentially were behind almost a whole class due to attrition, and why we were so thin. The staff felt it was better to redshirt right away, use a few new recruits sparingly.
Now, this coming year, is where you'll start seeing more rooks playing, but still some redshirted for development or abundant depth.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I'm not so sure. There were guys that would have helped last year, but I get not playing them. This year - I think Frost knows he really needs to win. Not to keep his job, that's not the issue. The issue is I'm sure he's as sick of losing as we are. And there's a real danger of a toxic program with another sub .500 season. It needs to be all hands on deck.
idk if I'd use the word toxic but yeah I agree overall with what you're saying.

I don’t think this guy is an example of our strength and conditioning program. I think he came in looking like this.

From the Huskers website...
In addition to his success on the football field, Scott was also a state champion weightlifter. As a junior, Scott claimed the top spot in the 199-pound weightlifting division with a total of 700 pounds in the bench press (405) and clean/jerk (295). His 405-pound bench press was the best mark of anyone in his weight class or below and the eighth-best mark overall among the more than 300 competitors at the state championships. His individual efforts helped Spruce Creek claim the team title.

From the Huskers website...
In addition to his success on the football field, Scott was also a state champion weightlifter. As a junior, Scott claimed the top spot in the 199-pound weightlifting division with a total of 700 pounds in the bench press (405) and clean/jerk (295). His 405-pound bench press was the best mark of anyone in his weight class or below and the eighth-best mark overall among the more than 300 competitors at the state championships. His individual efforts helped Spruce Creek claim the team title.

Nice! Those numbers would have him at 74th on this board!

Agree, this seems to be a tipping point type of year, like you said probably not for Frost but for the program and the current players/ recruits. You can only sell "rebuild" for so long. Eventually these players are just not going to believe it anymore and look elsewhere. I think we must get to 8 wins this year to show significant progress and that things are going in the right direction.

Agree, this seems to be a tipping point type of year, like you said probably not for Frost but for the program and the current players/ recruits. You can only sell "rebuild" for so long. Eventually these players are just not going to believe it anymore and look elsewhere. I think we must get to 8 wins this year to show significant progress and that things are going in the right direction.
We all have our own opinions but I think 7-5 would be just fine. I think going 8-4 this year would have the same impact as that year 2 jump we all hoped for. I believe 8-4 is doable.

We all have our own opinions but I think 7-5 would be just fine. I think going 8-4 this year would have the same impact as that year 2 jump we all hoped for. I believe 8-4 is doable.
I'm in the 7-5 camp myself, but thats also my bottom line. While 6-6 we go bowling, if our players, if our coaches and schemes are what's to be expected, 7-5.
I think 9-3 is doable, not likely. If we come out strong and improve along the way, osu and psu are truly our only likely losses. But, we are so young, I just know we we lose a couple we should win.
Wiscy,osu and psu. The rest depends on how good our defense shores up, and that's thinking the O comes in ready and rolling. Minus the couple we are in but lose because of our youth, there's the 7-5

I'm in the 7-5 camp myself, but thats also my bottom line. While 6-6 we go bowling, if our players, if our coaches and schemes are what's to be expected, 7-5.
I think 9-3 is doable, not likely. If we come out strong and improve along the way, osu and psu are truly our only likely losses. But, we are so young, I just know we we lose a couple we should win.
Wiscy,osu and psu. The rest depends on how good our defense shores up, and that's thinking the O comes in ready and rolling. Minus the couple we are in but lose because of our youth, there's the 7-5
7-5 with a big, nationally relevant upset — you know, one that drops a high-profile team from the playoff picture — would be just fine. Even if you can't be in the playoff picture, be a part of the conversation.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
ADVERTISEMENT