ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Scott can bench press over 400 lbs.

Scott is one of the better gets in this class. I see him potentially as the #2 RB next year behind Mills but regardless, think he will play a lot.

A 355 lb squat isn't that good for a college football player...even in the lower divisions. I was a very mediocre Division II javelin thrower, and my best squat max was 450 lbs.

agreed.

I used to belong to the same gym as Darren Sproles back in the day. I remember he would come in and rep out 225 as his warm up set. And that was before he was at KSU. Crazy strong legs.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
agreed.

I used to belong to the same gym as Darren Sproles back in the day. I remember he would come in and rep out 225 as his warm up set. And that was before he was at KSU. Crazy strong legs.
I can imagine....some of those guys are truly freakish.

Wow, he hasn't even started his Husker football weight lifting program. I read that he won his weight class for Flordia State Weight lifting. I don't understand the clean and jerk but impressed with his bench.

80051021_10157987278912299_320357264101736448_n.jpg

dudes a beast, no doubt about it. He’s also got offers from Bama and teams like that, so he’s clearly got the talent to go with it.

Not bad at all, this is progress, that shows exactly what it means to work hard and besides that to be guided professionally. From all the guides and plans I have seen so far online, my eyes are attached to this bmi calculator. It is free, and I can really have a clear understanding on my weight and height that I have overweight of 29 pounds. I see on their website cool affordable “beginner guides”. Everything will be for a good purpose, for me. Will make some additional research on their website and will start soon. Looking forward for the best possible results.

Last edited:
I cleaned 245 in high school. 295 to me is impressive, but feasible. The 405 bench press blows my mind. I probably couldn’t get that off the rack right now Eek
That would break my now-brittle bones right now. But, how much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

Scott 3 is definitely going to be used a lot over the next several years but he doesn’t quite have the ceiling Sevion Morrison or R Johnson has. Scott 3 will definitely get his but I don’t see him quite pulling off what Morrison or Johnson are going to do. The 3 will definitely compliment each other. And we can’t forget R Thompkins, if he gets back to his old form...look out. Dudes and elite talent. Just hopefully he can hold up to D1 punishment.
Hope the potential you've outlined equates to actual production. Some of that potential we've been waiting on for a couple of years.

Wow, he hasn't even started his Husker football weight lifting program. I read that he won his weight class for Flordia State Weight lifting. I don't understand the clean and jerk but impressed with his bench.

80051021_10157987278912299_320357264101736448_n.jpg
He seemed really easy to tackle. Also no speed.

The NFL disagrees with you. Although I think at the combine the bench press reps are more about stamina than overall power.

Personally while I think power lifts like squats, cleans, jerks, dead’s, etc are far better measures of football strength and are more necessary for explosiveness and speed I still think bench has its place for overall development of strength and conditioning. That explosive move from the chest out, very much is necessary when blocking or taking on blocks. I just don’t think it has the same value it once had.

The NFL only has the bench reps in there as a carnival attraction at this point. What does pectoral stamina have to do with football?

Reactions: WHCSC
Yeh I did 305 at 145 in college also could dunk with a 37” vert at 5-11 IMOP your weight is a non factor in the Bench It’s more about muscle endurance. As is the vertical

305 @ 145 is really impressive. But I have to disagree with you about weight being a non factor in the bench. The more bulk you put on, the more you can bench. This is something that you will see if you spend enough time in the weight room. Guys will bulk up and be able to do more on their lifts. It's why the powerlifters in the highest weight category are all overweight as hell to the point of it being unhealthy.

What is more of a factor for bench is arm length. Guys with stubby arms tend to bench a lot more than longer arm guys.

And it's good to hear Marvin can bench 400 @ 190 pounds. I will have to get back in the gym because he is catching up to me.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT